Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-16-2006, 04:39 AM   #1  

Default Itchy and tired!

I started going to the gym at the beginning of Feb and am really noticing an increase in fitness even this soon, which is brilliant. However I'm more tired in general and also am itchy! My legs and stomach itch not after exercise but just randomly.

My questions are: Should I raise my calories a bit? I've been on 1500 since August quite happily (losing a pound a week) but am only averaging 1350 at the moment. I think the exercise makes me less hungry! Shall I just make sure I hit 1500?

The other one is - does anyone know why I'm so itchy? My skin does seem a bit drier but I was also wondering if it was just that there blood flow had increased to those areas. I swear my stomach muscles havent worked this hard..ever!

Ooh right now my shoulders are itching like mad! I ramped up the weights on the arms yesterday so it certainly seems related. Any ideas?
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #2  
IN between here and there

Default I'll take the itching

I think your skin is shrinking and your muscles are getting stronger. My body's been itching from time to time, but my body has also been toning down too. I'll take the itching if it means I'm shrinking width wise!
INchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Years ago when I first started a serious fitness routine, my legs itched a lot. It was very annoying. Eventually it did go away. In my case, I think it was due to increased blood flow. Hang in there! Try some nice lotions and maybe get a full body massage w/ lots of massage oil. Good luck!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:12 AM   #4  

Thank you thank you! I was hoping it was something positive! Will persevere.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #5  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I know my inner thighs and stomach are very itchy - those are also the "softest" parts of my body? I remember this happened last time I lost weight too. I had no idea why but thought maybe it had to do with circulation also.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #6  

I thought it was just me...I itch like alot, mostly on my back and the back of my legs, especially when I first began my exercise routine and shortly thereafter.

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:38 AM   #7  

I've been losing weight for a while and I have started to itch terribly. I don't know what it is. It's not when I've been exercising, just usually during the day at random times.

I thought it might be because I'm burning fat from nasty foods I used to eat. But I don't know, I hope its just something normal - a side effect from losing weight or something.
eveyli is offline   Reply With Quote