Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #1  

Default Sixty & Beyond

I hope it's okay for me to start this thread. Anyone who would like to join me is very welcome! I just don't have the energy to post replies to each post, but would love to have company here. (BTW, reason for thread title, I turned sixty last year!)

I joined WW last Saturday (Feb 11, 2006)... I think this is my third try. It was very hard to join again, because I was so embarrassed to be at my highest weight ever.

That's all I can write today. ~
Old 02-16-2006, 08:25 AM   #2  

Today is my first weigh in. It hasn't been a whole week yet, but I've decided to go to meetings on Thursdays... sooooo.

I feel like I've lost a few pounds. It's a little scary to go and face the scales. But I guess this is part of what makes WW work.

Are there any others 60 and over here on the forum? ~
Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #3  
Super Surfer

Smile Join us...

Hi Learning why don't you pop over to the Feisty & Sexy 50 - 60 year old forum.. we would be happy to have you post with us. Our ages are 50 and well over 60.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:35 AM   #4  

Thank you Trudy for your invitation, and I'll be over.
Yesterday was my first weigh in. I was happy with the results, as I lost 4.4 lbs. *sigh* Doin' the happy dance!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #5  

Hi to everyone and good luck on this venture to a healthier life. I'm 62 and a few years ago I lost 100 pounds. Doing it the right way. Exercise and eating the right foods. Now since the holidays it seems some of the old habits have snuck back into my life and I've gained around 15 pounds to much. My highest weight was 240 a few years ago, lost 105 pounds and saw 135 on the scales for a few weeks Stayed right around 137 to 140 till the holidays came upon us.My goal weight was between 135 and 140 so I was still at my goal weight. But as of yesterday my scale showed me weighing 155. Yuk and double yuk. So it's back with the correct way of eating and slowing down on the carbs. Them darn carbs will do it to me everytime.

I do know that I feel so much healthier and younger with all that fat off my bones. I don't ever want to see that number on the scales ever again. So I'm back to my favorite weight loss web site. This place is the best on the internet for support and information. It's been awhile since I was here but I'll be back as Arnold would say....ha.ha
Old 04-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #6  

I am 62 and also trying to get back to goal. I need to learn to be consistent with my eating. I am doing flex. Here's to trying harder.
Closed Thread