Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default Do any of you...?

Do any of you keep a graph? Write your weight on graph paper and draw lines between the points? I love this as a motivational tool.

My graph starts near the top of the page and is next to the bottom of the page right now and every time I even briefly see a new half pound off, I mark it and the date and draw a line between the last date. If I've gained, I don't always put those marks in (unless I've been off plan and deserved to gain, otherwise I figure it is water weight fluxuations).

I've got my graph right next to my computer and it is such a delight to look at it and to see that I AM making progress, and also to be able to look back and see how long it has been since my last plateau or stall or how long it took to lose a particular amount of weight. It helps me to see visually what sort of continued progress I can expect in the future, or whether I am slowing down and at what rate...

Anyone else use this kind of a tool to help stay motivated?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I use the one in Fitday and it IS motivating!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #3  
Susan hockeyfan7

I use one at another Web site and it is very motivating to see the bars go down each week.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I should do that. Shock me into realizing what I HAD achieved and CAN achieve again with hard work Thanks for the reminder.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #5  
Wendy

I created my own and if anyone would like a copy of the program I can email it to you I have other graphs to chart exercise and carbs.... It will also tell you your BMI and you can put in your measurements and it will tell you how many inches you have lost....It also has a food journal. It is in Microsoft Excel email me at [email protected] if you want it if you don't like it you can always delete it

Wendy
coffeeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I have an Excel chart I keep, too. I log my weight every day - so it shows an "actual weight" line across the graph. I also have it programmed to do a "7 day running average" line. I also have another line charted that has my star weight and my goal weight on the day I want to reach goal by and then the line that connects that. Then I can look and see how close my actual line is to my goal line.

Can you tell I do charts and graphs as part of my job? LOL
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

I'm not capable of keeping graphs. Great idea and I'd love to do it..but I stink at anything that needs updating. That's one reason I've not kept up with fitday and such. Hmm...could be why my house is a mess?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote