Old 02-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #1  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Talking WANTED: Bigger Bladder!

What with all this water drinking, I often find myself bouncing about , trying desperately to make it to the next restroom. Since I don't particularly like public restrooms (and since I don't work in an office where I know the restrooms), if I'm out during the day, I find myself having to *time* my water consumption so I won't find myself... um... desperate, if you know what I mean.

I try to get in 72-96 ounces a day (3 to 4 24-oz bottles) and so far I've been successful. I've learned to stop drinking it by 6pm or I won't get a full night's uninterrupted sleep. Oh, and that's in addition to a small glass of juice in the morning and my coffee (gotta have it!). Boy oh boy, I've always gotta go!

How do you all handle all the water? Does it affect you the same way? Is it just me?
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #2  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

Default It's the caffeine

Sure, water will make you have to go frequently, but it's the caffeine in your system that makes it a desperate "Gotta go NOW." I find even though I'm drinking more water and have to go relatively frequently, my bladder seems a lot stronger and my body's more content to have (and keep) the water than when I have caffeinated soda. As soon as I have the soda, all that water and thensome have to exit NOW. And this will continue until the caffeine is out of your system.

It might be time to start cutting back...?

I heard from one of my doctors that having some protein in the morning helps stave off the munchies and gives you even energy throughout the day. While a caffeine addiction might require a bit of withdrawal before protein would have the desired effect, it seems to work for me. She recommended peanut-butter toast, although I (personally) have a protein shake (since I don't get enough protein throughout the day), and it's fortified will vitamins and stuff so I don't have to pop pill-vitamins.

That's my 2 cents.

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:03 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by busker
It might be time to start cutting back...?
Nooooooooo! Not my coffee?????

Seriously, I have cut it back a bit, simply because I had to get rid of some of the liquid (literally and figuratively). Back in December I was doing, maybe 5-6 BIG mugs a day. Not because it was a stimulant (the stuff actually tends to make me sleepy -- I think it's the warmth). I just like the taste. Habit, I guess.

Anyway, I've taken it down to about 2-3 BIG mugs a day. One or two in the morning and one in the afternoon or early evening.

Awwww I'd be really sad if I had to give it up altogether...
Old 02-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh my, we are so in the same boat. I've been drinking about the same amount of water as you every day, for a little over a month now, and I don't drink soda and very rarely have coffee. And I have to time my water intake as well because I have several classes every day, and I don't want to have to leave a lecture hall to go pee! I also can't drink water after 8 because it will definitely interrupt my sleep.

So maybe what I'm trying to tell you is that it doesn't get any better, even without caffeine! (At least for me, anyway.) Good luck on finding a solution, and if you find one, please let me know!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #5  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Ugh, I stop drinking water by 6 every night and I still have been waking up every hour at night to go pee. This isn't new, I've always drunk 60-80 ounces a day! I'm glad i'm not the only one
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I'm there too!!, I usually drink 2 500 ml bottles in the morning, plus the usual 2 cups of coffee, so when anyone's looking for me at the office the first place they look is in the bathroom
I'm also up every 2 hours at night to rush to the bathroom.
I guess the only solution we're left with is to pray for bigger baldders
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:49 AM   #7  

I have the same problem.. but have been doing some extra pelvic floor muscle exercises.. I think Americans call them kegels... and it has really helped.
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #8  
Embracing My New Normal

Actually, it seems to be getting better. Perhaps the ol' bod is adjusting to the water. Perhaps the bladder is actually stretching a bit to accommodate. I'm still drinking just as much, 72-96oz a day, but now I don't have to go EVERY hour anymore. It's more like every other hour . Yay!

I also took your advice, Busker, and don't have as much coffee. 1-2 big mugs a day as opposed to the 5-6.

Jigglybits said, "...so when anyone's looking for me at the office the first place they look is in the bathroom" ...

And Marianna, oh yes, kegels! Good reminder!

Have a great day, everyone!