South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #1  

Default questions from a newbie

Hello everyone,
I did phase one of SB two years ago and lost about eight pounds, but I finished it the day before Thanksgiving. Let's just say I never made it to phase two. Also, I thought maybe I lost the weight because I just wasn't eating much of anything (got sick of salads) I guess my question is if people continue to lose weight in phase two. It seems like the scale gets stuck for alot of people after the first few weeks. I try to eat healthy- mostly whole foods- but I am definately an emotional eater. I'd like to lose 20 lbs before my wedding in May. I'm 5' 7'', 170 lbs. Is SB the way to go? Thanks, Annie

Last edited by annie33; 02-11-2006 at 12:10 AM.
annie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #2  

It has worked well for me. I only lost 4 pounds when I did phase 1 but I have gradually lost about 70 total. I never eat salads either. I love to cook and make delicious meals in both phase 1 and phase 2. Tonight we had Indian Tomato Soup along with pork tenderloin and a mixture of veggies. Those who have more to lose tend to lose faster. I know the last few pounds have taken me the longest but that is okay. I know I am much healther than I was when I started this.

Make sure you check out the food lists in the FAQ section. There are quite a few changes in the last few years. Milk and tomatoes are allowed in phase 1 while carrots and bananas are now okay in phase 2.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #3  

Congratulations on your success Barbara. I guess I need to revisit the books for some new ideas if I want to make it work. ~ Annie
annie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:33 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Annie!!
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I love P2. I lose better and feel better on P2 than on any diet I've ever been on. P1 is great for cravings but P2 is the SBD. The key to a succesful P2 is water, 4 1/2 C of vegetables a day, and portion control for the good starches and fats. You may want to count calories too. That's helped me alot. I've lost 5 pound this month so far on P2. Good luck and welcome to the beach.
pearshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to our Beach!

Some of us never eat salads, Annie. Be sure to review not just the book but also the Revised LIst of Phase I foods in our Frequently Asked Questions Sections. There have been several additions including dairy and tomatoes in Phase I.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote