Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #1  
210 / 193 / 140

Default Help, I Ate A Cookie

To some people, it may not seem like much, but I'm disappointed that I ate a cookie today after breakfast.

The problem is that I'm looking for a job. Today I started filling out applications and writing a cover letter. It's pretty stressful, wondering if I'm putting things the right way, trying to see myself and my writing through an employer's eyes. I ate a cookie (the large frosted kind) without even giving it a second thought, and then when I was done, I realized what had happened. Normally I wouldn't have the cookies in the house, but DH happened to buy some last night.

I know it's just one cookie, and I can recover from that, but it scares me a little to see how easily I can revert to stress eating.

Does anyone else experience episodes of stress eating where you're not even aware of what you're doing till afterwards? My food plan does include occasional treats, but they're planned in advance and enjoyed. This was spontaneous and not enjoyed. I've been abstinent from overeating for several weeks now, and I really, really, really don't want to fall back into old habits.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #2  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

I definitely do stress eating! Mindless eating, eating while unaware (EWU), etc...

I don't think you'll fall back into "old habits" because you're aware of what you did. Awareness is so important. Now that you are aware, the question is: how can you deal with it?

I deal with it by keeping unhealthy foods I will mindlessly eat out of the house. Cakes, pies, cookies, chips.... Of course, dh wants "goodies" which I buy in small quantities. If there are leftovers I try to send them with him to work or "hide" them. Out of sight = out of mind.

I keep stuff like baby carrots, grape tomatoes, fruits, raw spinach and lettuce around to graze on. If I feel the urge to graze, I make a huge bowl of lettuce. If I eat ALL of that and still want to graze, I eat some baby carrots and grape tomatoes. Crunchy & sweet.

I know that I will have these grazing urges. So, I plan on having the right kinds of foods around to graze on!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita
Does anyone else experience episodes of stress eating where you're not even aware of what you're doing till afterwards?
Frequently, Margarita!

Elizabeth is right... you stopped at one, and you're "aware" of what you did. Move on, hon... you're going to be alright.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I ate two of those very cookies today. The first one I ate purposely (because they were offered and I was being polite), the second I ate because they were so good. I'm not sure I wouldn't have eaten anymore if they hadn't been shared and gone. I don't care. I can have an occasional indulgence.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:11 PM   #5  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

I ate a girl scout cookie today. It was WONDERFUL!!!! No regrets here. I burned 1600 calories today. 600 of which were at the gym.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good for you, Libby!

Isn't it good to know that we ARE capable of self-control?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Margarita... you ate ONE cookie and stopped!!?? Don't feel GUILTY; feel very proud of yourself!! LOL one BOX of cookies is guilt material. One cookie is fantastic!!!

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote