South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:49 AM   #1  

Default Think Thin Thursday Beach Chat!!!!

Warning Warning Warning
Dim your monitors!!!!!!!!!!

DAYLIGHTS A BURNIN!!! UP N AD'EM my Chubby Chicks!!!

Helllloooooo Goils, I'm back fer good now! The phone men came back yesterday and dug the trenches and laid wire... I requested that our lines be RED and PURPLE!!! Ya git what ya want when ya feed them line men Cawfee and Banana muffins! I made a pot o joe and put it in a big thermos with milk and splenda and sippy cups fer them...Nuthin like a hot cup a joe on a cold morn outdoors ...so I made some friends

Sooo come'on sleepy heads UP Up UP! So what have I missed??? How is everbuddy??? I've missed you booodacious Babes! Catch me up ...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Well Good Morning Schatzi and thanks for the wake up call. Worked better than my alarm clock. I could hear you calling me to get up and stop hitting the snooze alarm!!!

Must start my workout in a minute before I give in to the temptation of laying on the couch instead. As I said yesterday, this has been a week of terrible eating for me and I did badly again yesterday. I'm still here though. I am hoping this will pass and I will start back to phase one again - third time is a charm? Just can't decide if I should start today or wait until Monday for a beginning of the week start. Oh the damage I could do between now and then. But my chances of sticking to it with a Monday start are much better.

I was glad (and sad) to see that I am not the only self sabbator in the healthy diet arena. That and compulsive overeating are my hurtles to get over before I can become successful in this. I think it's time to get down and dirty with my bad self!!!!

Well, another day at work today...hope everyone has a great Thursday.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:18 AM   #3  

Freaky darlin' yes indeedy! Sometimes we do the ChaCha takin 2 steps back and one forward...then get it right and fall off again.. Best bet is to plan ahead ... and BRAVO for keepin up with exercising.. A healthy habit you are developing quite nicely!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

....back in a bit after Doggage Duties!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Schatzie, WE MISSED YOU!! So glad you're back!!

I can cross off another thing on my "Life List"...it wasn't really on there in the first place, but it was something I'd never done, so what the heck?

Last night, I got stuck for an hour in an elevator with 15 other people!!! Dh and I had gone to Atlanta for a scotch tasting event and afterward we'd gotten in the elevator and it started moving then just...stopped...just like that.

The guy nearest the control panel picked up the telephone and the person on the other end asked us what state and city we were in!! After waiting for half an hour another guy got fed up and called 911.

So, a little excitement in an otherwise average day...and I discovered that not all scotches are alike...I like the cheaper stuff better. Go figure!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ruth, Freaky, and Schatzi!!

True drive by this morning as I have both girls to get out of the house.

Have a super day! I blew my behavior goal last night- didn't get crazy, but the goal is no eating after dinner. I WILL do well this evening!!

Toodles ladies! Welcome back Schatzi!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Shatzi, I missed you!!
I wondered what that noise was coming from my computer so early this morning!!!
Nothing new to report here. I'm doing good with my food and keeping up on the exercise. Hopefully the scale will show some results next weigh-in.
Gotta go get more CAWWFFEE
Old 02-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #8  

Good morning y'all!!

Schatzi - so ya got your purple and red wires?? Way to go! I will remember that - bribe the working guys with coffee and muffins! I am new here so I don't know you that well - but I know the past few days everyone has been "Where's Schatzi!!????" - so I'm glad you are back!!

Freaky - I say - be careful not to overeat between now and Monday - and then do a Monday start back at Phase 1!!! Good luck!! I'm just impressed you get up early to get on the treadmill!!

Mamacita - the elevator story flipped me out. I would absolutely die on there with 15 people. Geez. Did it start moving again finally or did they have to rescue y'all out of it?

Kiko - Good morning!!

As for me - I am down another pound this morning!! HOORAY FOR PHASE 1!!! I have been super angelic this week - although I did sample just one Chicken Mini when I dropped Hayden off at school this past Tuesday. He normally has school today - but he's sick - and hubby does not go to work until 10 - so I am going to make 7:15 spinning class!! Hooray for me! I'm' off to change my ticker. Y'all keep your fingers crossed for me that I keep going DOWN and don't blow it - 'cause I have to tell y'all - the temptation is SO there. I'm dreading Friday - because we were supposed to have our playgroup Valentines Party at the park - and it's supposed to rain and I think we are going to have to move it to Burger King. That is going to seriously suck for me - because fast food is my downfall. Maybe Hayden will still be sick and we won't go - lol - no no - we have to go - I have a huge pile of candy valentines over here!!

I had to get up early this morning because I could not sleep - due to SORE abdominal muscles from PILATES on Tuesday. I was the fattest chick in the class - and frankly I could not get my big butt up off the floor into some of those Pilates positions. It was all ok though - I just had to put any embarassment out of my head and keep trying!! I was really comfy in the class - the other girls in there were great and so was the instructor - so I'll go back next Tuesday! BUT RIGHT NOW IT HURTS!!

Later y'all! I'm off to change my ticker!
Heather
Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #9  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

SCHATZI! Welcome back! We all missed you so much!

Freaky ~ I'm sure you'll get back on track. We're all cheering you on!

Ruth ~ I hope you enjoyed your "Doggage Duties"

Mamacita ~ Yikes , that must have been quite an experience!

Heather ~ Congrats on the loss!

Kiko, 2BeFit1 ~ I hope you all have a great day!

Me ~ So my first blood test results from the doctor's office came back promising. My pregnancy was confirmed and my HCG hormone level was on the low side of the normal range. However, that's not the whole picture. They took a second round of blood work to make sure that my hormone levels are increasingly appropriately. I get those results this morning, so by noon, I'll hopefully know if my pregnancy is proceeding as normal or if I'm in the early stages of miscarriage. Keep you fingers crossed for me! I'll let you all know as soon as I know!

Have a great beachy day everyone!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:06 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Christina~~You and baby are in my prayers!!!

Schatzi~~Christina also got offered a scholarship to law school!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Lord! SHE's baaaaaccccckkkkk! Schatzi, it always helps to bribe the workies, doesn't it. Around here it's expected that coffee and a treat will be supplied. It's half and hour to the nearest Tim Horton's.

Freaky, I know what you mean about waiting until Monday to start but do be careful until then. No "Last Supper" stuff or you'll have more slippage to ditch.

Mamacita, I would go nuts if I was stuck in an elevator. Of course my first need would be to go for a pee. How disconcerting to have the emergency phone answered like that! I'm sort of with you on Scotch - some of the single malts are a bit "peaty" for me.

Kiko, busy as usual! Evening eating can be my downfall too although it's usually that extra glass of wine that puts me over the edge.

2BFit/Sil, it's time to dig out that "Days Until SPring" URL. I think of your garden every time I see it. One of these days, I'll see it IRL. I've been to Florida but have never seen the "real" South. Be warned!

Heather, good going on Phase I and also on sticking out the Pilates! It's nice you are in a supportive group there. Sore muscles? I never get that because I don't exercise! One of these days......

Christina Darling, you know we are all rooting for you and good results. The Law School News is fabulous!

Yesterday was better than the past few days - no sugar or white flour crossed my lips. I did play darts last night and did not eat any popcorn or nachos that are on the house on league nights.

I'm coffeed, drugged, watered and breakfasted and my spoiled dogs are sleeping on the couch with their heads on pillows. They were particularly demanding this morning because it was cold in the back room. Their Mean Mommy didn't load up the woodstove last night because she was at darts until ten.

After my bath and putting out the recycle stuff, I am going to try to go to town again WITH my wallet this time! I have to create some sort of Hawaiian dish for a party on Saturday and need a few things. Anybody know where I could get ti leaves? Didn't think so! I'll end up doing chicken and pineapple or something.

The tub is nearly ready - Vanilla Cream this morning if you must know. Low Carb, Low Cal and no Transfats!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

All's right with the world, Schatzi is back!

Christina ~ You've been in my prayers these days.

Kiko ~ I'll PM that recipe to you as soon as I have some free time. Seems we're both running on high-octane these days!

Mamacita ~ What an experience! I'm claustophobic, and that would be my worst nightmare! I'd have needed several Scotches, straight-up, after that episode!

texasheathers ~ If you find yourself at BurgerKing, try one of their Garden Burgers, without the bun. It's good, and totally OP. That and a salad should make a yummy lunch for you.

Good Morning all you other Chickies, there's too many posts to reply to all of you today, but a big Hi!

I have to go in early today, so I have to get some lunch thrown together and change out of these workout clothes. I put some pork fingers in the crockpot with a SF BBQ sauce for supper. I'm managing to stay OP so far - hurray for me!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
2BFit/Sil, it's time to dig out that "Days Until SPring" URL. I think of your garden every time I see it. One of these days, I'll see it IRL. I've been to Florida but have never seen the "real" South. Be warned!
Come on down anytime!!!! Then we can go together to Schatzi's~~look out, Schatzi, here we come!!

Enjoy the tub soak
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Morning girls. Well, found out last night that I did not get into nursing school. I took the wrong Chemistry class in high school (14 years ago), so I have to take Chemistry and then reapply..Which ticks me off since I had already planned to take Chemistry this summer. So now I am put backa year in my classes. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe it is so I will not take so many classes at one time, and I will take this new job making more money....We will see....SO, then to top it off..I ate buffalo wings for dinner...please just shoot me now!!!! How did everyone else do last night?
WELCOME BACK SCHATZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #15  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Just a quick hey as I woke up late and am feeling grumpy. I hate Thursday's!! It seems I feel most overwhelmed on this day. Eating was ok yesterday. I'll try to make it OK today too. TOmorrow I plan to do lots of cooking. Spaghetti, chicken stir fry...lots of good stuff. Have a great day chicks.
Closed Thread