Old 02-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #1  

Default Just want to introduce myself

I found this site a few days ago and started reading the "I want to stay fat because....." thread and laughed so hard. You guys have a great sense of humor and I know this will be a place I want to come back to for advice and encouragement. This is my second time on Atkins so I'm an oldie newbie. I was almost at goal last time (in 2000) and was blessed with my third little boy. It has taken me a long time to get back on track (Eli is 4 1/2) but I am back and there seems like there is a whole lot more support out there this time. I'm finding tons of great recipes to try and support like you get here is such a help. So, I just wanted to say hi and I hope I will get to chat with some of you guys soon. By the way, I just ended my third week and I am down 10 lbs.
JanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi there Jan, and You have found a great spot for support. WTG on your loss so far, sounds like you're doing great!!
Stop by the weeklys to get to know everyone and we can get to know you better
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome to the group!! We do love newbies, and old newbies, and old oldies, and well we never get tired of any body. welcome!!.... 4 kids Wow!!(I know that story well) Life has got to have you running !!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #4  
Susan hockeyfan7

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Since you've done this before, I'd love to hear what you see out there that's changed -- better food products, more information, etc.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #5  

Thanks for the warm welcome. Most of the changes are in the information that is available to me online. I think more people are eating this way and have developed some very good and easy recipes to try. I think the last time I purchased a LC cookbook but it had some really off the wall ingredients and they really weren't very tasty. I did find out about carbquick this time and ordered some and I can already tell that it will become something that will take some of the boredom out this way of eating. A lot of us get stuck in a rut concerning our foods and it helps to try new things. Speaking of which, I found a recipe for "collaberation lasagna" on another web site that is wonderful. Several non-LC family members ate it and loved it. My 11 yr. old keeps asking for leftovers. With food like this to eat I can't see a reason for ever going off this diet!

Another thing I have learned is that you can't treat this way of eating as a quick fix to your weight problems. As with any other diet, you will regain your weight if you go back to your old way of eating. I learned that the hard way and not just with Atkins--I have also lost quite a bit on Weight Watchers and it came back when I wasn't looking.LOL All I know is that I have tried everything else but I always revert back to Atkin's because I feel best eating this way. The extra energy goes a long way at my house! With all the support and new good (and easy) recipes I feel like this can be my way of eating for a lifetime.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #6  
TemporaryFatChick

Hello Jan, and welcome, the more the merrier!

Is the TN for Tennessee??

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #7  

It is---I'm from middle Tennessee. McMinnville to be exact. I went to ETSU so where are you at in East Tennessee?