Old 02-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #1  
Mary Catherine

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Height: 5'9

Default stability ball

have any of you tried lifting weights and doing exercises on a stability ball. I bought one and a book over the weekend along with some free weights and was just checkin' to see if they get the job done..
Merecat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #2  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I also just bought one last week..and I use my weights with it...also I taped an all star workouts on fittv that deals with the stability ball...I love it
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #3  
Melting Butter

I always had a fear I'd pop it...and it was very uncomfortable for me...so needless to say, I took it back where I bought it.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

I have one, but haven't used it in a long time. I just never got it back out after we moved. I could really feel the difference. I would watch one of my favorite shows while bouncing on it lol I just wanted to keep moving and burning calories. On the commercials I would do the exercises. It worked out pretty well Maybe I'll go dig it out of the garage lol
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i have always wanted to get one - but haven't had the money whenever it think about it.

i want to use it to complement my abs workout, but also to use instead of the chair at the computer. apparently it is good core stability and your posture benefits from sitting on it instead of a chair. as i have a tendancy to slouch, i thought it would be great.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #6  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

The ball is LOVELY. I use it everyday from ab workouts, to all around strength training. It works lovely with arm weights as well. It is also good for stretching and flexibility.

IT gets the job done, but make sure to incorporate cardio as well.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #7  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrmnreplace
The ball is LOVELY. I use it everyday from ab workouts, to all around strength training. It works lovely with arm weights as well. It is also good for stretching and flexibility.

IT gets the job done, but make sure to incorporate cardio as well.
Yes and cardio is really fun on the ball.....if you have fit tv they have a program called All star Workouts....and one of the workouts was for the stability ball....it was soo much fun and I really burned a lot of calories with it....It comes back on Feb 27th at 9 am (est), 1pm (est) and 5pm (est)...I taped mine and whenever I need cardio on the ball I just play my recording
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I love my stability ball. I work from home a lot and I use it for like 2 hours a day instead of my desk chair. Using it as a workout bench is really challenging and engages your core muscles a lot more than the traditional bench. I also use it to do crunches and all kind of butt exercises. Shape.com has a couple of really great stability ball workouts that are pictured with step by step instructions. Some of them look really easy but they are secretly really hard!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #9  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaynna
Yes and cardio is really fun on the ball.....if you have fit tv they have a program called All star Workouts....and one of the workouts was for the stability ball....it was soo much fun and I really burned a lot of calories with it....It comes back on Feb 27th at 9 am (est), 1pm (est) and 5pm (est)...I taped mine and whenever I need cardio on the ball I just play my recording
hahaah.. i saw that a few days ago! It looked like fun.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #10  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiewilliams
Shape.com has a couple of really great stability ball workouts that are pictured with step by step instructions. Some of them look really easy but they are secretly really hard!
Would you be able to PM me the links? Thanks in advance!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #11  

i have a stability ball and i'm liking it. i don't use it every day, just once or twice a week for something different.

i have the 'stability ball for dummies' dvd and it's pretty good. i got another one, something about pilates and stability ball for abs but it is insanely hard. i won't be able to do that one for a long time.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #12  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Why are there different sizes for stability balls? Do they do different things? What size would you recommend?

Overstock.com has stability balls for under 20 bucks, including ones with fitness dvds included.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncola
Why are there different sizes for stability balls? Do they do different things? What size would you recommend?
i think they are for different heights. if you are really tall you will need a bigger ball to achieve the right posture while sitting on it, same if you are really short.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default Love my stability ball

Back in October, I kept seeing the same "infomercial" for Core Secrets with Gunnar Peterson. I have never ordered anything off the tv before. However, I broke down and made the $9.95 investment and I have been using the ball regularly to this day. I'm not a very motivated person, so it helps to have a dvd of someone doing the workout with me. About a month ago, I ordered a new video off amazon.com for some variation and a greater challenge. I use the stability ball for about 20 minutes in the morning before work (I also do cardio during the day at a gym). Using weights helps a lot and I've found that my biceps are coming along nicely. Once I trim off more fat, I'm sure I'll reveal some nice looking abs. If nothing else, this is more fun/interesting than a lot of other exercise routines out there.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #15  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

my stability ball became my home computer chair... at least I'm getting a little bit of work out while hammering away on the Net
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote