South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Tgif Chat!!!

Good morning...where's is everyone? The furbabies are up & I just completed my AVON order....$332.00 - HURRAY! I had to get up early to get my order in - I tried last night but the computer was so slow! I think the weather was the problem. It's cold & rainy here today, but I don't mind because I go to work today & it will be slow! I think I'm going to go back to bed for a few.
I was going to go visit my dad this weekend, but the weather is nasty & I have no desire to be in the car for 12 hours & see my dad for 8! Maybe I'll schedule some time off in March & go visit him. I guess I'll peddle AVON, do some laundry, start & finish my sil's scrapbook and watch the SUPERBOWL.
What are your plans for this weekend?
Have a great OP day!!
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Soon2B and all the chicks!!!

I'm doing my TGIF dance today. Looking forward to a great weekend as long as I can stay OP through it all. I have a work banquet party this Saturday and on Sunday I'm going to see The Phantom of the Opera with my parents and sister. It's my belated birthday present. Before the show we are going to a place called Travers which is a steak and salad kind of place.

I hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend even if it's just to relax and enjoy the day. All work and no play...
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning Soon and Freaky. Everyone must be taking Friday off, it's unusually quiet in here. Well, yesterday I ate nonOP food. It was late, I was starving, didnt eat a good lunch, and had to go to the store to get creamer and I ended up getting a lean cuisine thingie. Then I downed a big bowl of ricotta mocha thingie...stuff I swore off of because it makes me want more sweets. Calories were not that high around 1610 for the day but I just hope the processed food in the lean cuisine doesn't set me off. Today will not be as crazy as this past week so I'll have time to cook and plan.

I have to be really good because I too made a bet with a friend to see who'd lose more this month and I plan to collect! Have a great Friday chicks! In a few hours the weekend will officially start! Yaay!
pearshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
Soon ~ You're really doing great with your Avon sales, congratulations!

Freaky ~ Sounds like a fun weekend for you, it shouldn't be hard to stay OP at that steakhouse. I hope you like Phantom of the OPera, I loved it.

It's rainy here, too, but the sun is supposed to come out this afternoon. I don't know what we're doing this weekend, yet. I'm all for a quiet, relaxing weekend, but that doesn't happen very often around here!

Well, I'm off to Curves. Don't forget --- today is National Wear RED Day!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #5  

Morning Freaky and Soon!

I am so glad it is Friday as well. I have not enjoyed my week at school at all. My kids are doing some really stupid things outside of class. (Smoking in the bathroom, setting mattresses on fire in an alleyway) They are 10 and 11 for crying out loud!!

Freaky Yep- those are my girls in the avatar. The baby will be 8 months old next week and my older DD is 4. I am worn out, but oh so lucky!!

Not much on the agenda for the weekend which is just fine by me. Playdate for lunch tomorrow, teaching Sunday school on Sunday. Some grocery shopping, ever-present laundry and the SuperBowl.

Gotta jet- class pictures are today which means instead of our relaxed jeans on Firday I have to dress up and curl my hair. UGH!!!!
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Pearshape! AND Kiko!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Pear - What is the payoff for the bet? I think if you win she should pay in PIZZA!!! LOL

Morning Cottage and thanks for the "wear red" reminder.

Oh and Kiko - thanks for the "must do laundry" reminder for the weekend NOT
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:04 AM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning everyone! I am actually up early today! This weekend DH and I are driving to see a bluegrass show (about an hour away). One of his friends does sound for the band, and we also know several of the band members, so there will be a lot of socializing besides the show itself. I am looking forward to a chance to get out of town and relax!

soon2befab ~ Good job with all the Avon sales you've been making! I hope you have a fun weekend.

freaky ~ Phantom of the Opera sounds like so much fun! I saw it in high school and had the best time.

pearshape ~ I hope you win the bet!

cottage ~ Thanks for the wear red reminder. I'll have to see what I can dig out of the closet.

Kiko ~ Sorry you've had kind of a stressful week with the kids. I hope that your weekend is better!

Have a great day everyone!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:41 AM   #9  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Back from SC, smelling like cigarettes. Yucko! Got home much later than I anticipated. L did NOT want us to leave, bless her heart. She cried when she saw us walking up and just hugged us and hugged us. So we spent about 4 hours at her house. She's a smoker and being stressed, she smoked more than usual. I spent an hour last night coughing, trying to clear my lungs.

Ate like crap yesterday. My only food options at the house were fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cake, macaroni and cheese and more cake. Wound up stopping on the way home at Shoney's and I had a BLT on sourdough bread. Wasn't the best thing I could have eaten, but certainly not the worst, either. I didn't eat the onion rings that were on the side, either!

Today, I'm going to go in and face The Beast...the eliptical....and try and make friends with it.

Off to find breakfast, I'll be back.
Mamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChicks! I actually slept until 6 this morning. I think the bedtime SleepyTime tea is working!

Soon, your Avon job seems to be taking off. Good for you! Did you know that Hollyhock who posts here is also an Avon rep?

Freaky I adore Phantom and have seen it three times! My Grand Daughter has yet to see it so that will be another time. pearshape ~ I hope you win the bet!

Cottage, I'll wear my redred flannel shirt with my jeans when I take the car to the dealership today. We have rain too. Where did winter go?

Kiko, kids are such idiots! Were we like that at that age? I think I'm too old to remember.

Crk05, I love bluegrass, especially harmonica. I used to hang out with a guy called Back Alley John. Bet you didn't know I was a groupie!

Pearshape, I hope today is a more OP day for you. By the way, do you eat mushrooms or would that be like eating your children?

I am off to the car dealer for 8:30 this morning. I keep ripping off my right side mirror and did it again. I need to cut down a tree in my lane. When I get home, I will be making cookie dough because I have to bake for Sunday and for art class on Monday too. I figure if I make the dough today and bake tomorrow that will be spreading the temptaion over two days and may make it easier. I am also in the middle of a tooth bleaching routine (the dentist type) and will put on the bleach for the half hour while I cook! Maybe I'll just wear the molded tray all the time!

Gotta jet. Hi to everyone who pecks in. Catch you all later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #11  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Just wanted to say mornin' to all you chickies before I head off to work... oh, and I changed my avatar so you can all see the cuteness that is my Smokey. My BF is a rabid 49ers fan (poor guy!), and as you can see he's trying to convert the kitten!

Oh and freaky, have fun seeing Phantom! I've only seen the movie version, but I'm an avid musical fan-- and this April, my bf and I are seeing SPAMELOT for our 3 year anniversary!! I'm so psyched, though it's so far away...
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Morning, Mamacita. Sorry about the lung crud. I guess it was worth it though to be with your friend. It sounds as if she really appreciated your visit. I hope today is a good day for you.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Ncola, what an adorable kitten! I must check with my furries to see what team they support. .
Old 02-03-2006, 08:08 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're going to have a very rainy day,and I have to go out this afternoon. Hope the down pour will stop by then.

Well I W-I this morning and I finally [[[[down 1 lb.]]]] after bouting with all that sodium a couple of weeks ago.

Have to go and have my cawwwwwwwww--ee like schatzi would say.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:34 AM   #15  

It's been a long time since I've been here so I hope you guys don't mind me butting in on this thread.

I did south beach almost 2 years ago and fell off the wagon once I hit phase 2. I haven't officially started P1 yet, I have to wait till I go grocery shopping tomorrow b/c I don't have much P1 friendly stuff on hand right now. I've already started to cut out the bad stuff...I'm hoping that it will make the transistion easier. I know the first 3 days are going to be awful.

Quick food question...is smoked turkey okay or should it just be oven roasted?
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote