South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chick Chat :o)

Hi.. I haven't been on the beach for a bit. I have been hanging out with the delightful chickies on the chicks in control forum.. trying to sort out the "why" behind my crappy eating... I am feeling pretty self aware - so back to the beach it is for me as I know that it is what works It is lovely to be back - again

Things are going well for us here.. I look forward to catching up with everyone in the forum
Old 02-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning~~

Hey, Marianna, good to see you again! We've missed you!

I've had waaay too much stuff going on around here to suit me. Later this morning, I'm driving up across the state line to Anderson, SC to give support to a friend whose elderly father killed himself after she nagged him into going to the doctor. He left a note: "Don't blame yourself."

BIL, who I'd "thought" we had safely tucked away in Jacksonville for at least another 4 or 5 months called last evening and said the job down there abruptly ended and he was on his way home. RATS! So much for my bliss!

My weight hasn't budged, but I'm not surprised. I haven't been OP hardly at all this past week. I resolve to do better.

Now, downstairs for a bowl of oatmeal with LF milk.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Hi marianna and mamacita!

Today is a bloated and very fat feeling day even though my eating has been good. It's TOM so I guess it's to be expected. I feel really good physically, lots of energy, no cravings so that's good. This morning instead of steel cut oats I had some sort of mixed grain cereal. It was good, a small change. I used soymilk and blueberries in it..yum! Not sure about the rest of the day since I don't have a lunch ready, I'll probably make some tuna salad with veggies or something.

Do any of you use Bob's Red Mill products? I love that entire line. They're all whole grain and they even have a lc bake mix that's not full of chemicals and fake stuff, just fiber and whole grains. Both the steel cut oats and the mixed grain cereal I have now are from them. Great products!

Ever since someone posted about Celestial Seasonings English Toffee tea I've been craving it. Can you crave something you've never had ? I haven't been eating desert because I've been having a glass of wine with dinner, plus I find that if I don't eat dessert, even the ricotta ones, I don't crave sweet things as much.

So, anyway, enough rambling! Have a great OP day chicks.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #4  

Good morning, Pear~~

Yes, I've used lots of the Bob's Red Mill products. They're very good, even if they are VERY expensive. I can find them at Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods).

I haven't tried the CS English Toffee Tea, but yesterday I tried the Honey Vanilla White Tea Chai (how's that for a mouthful?) sweetened with a little Splenda and some lf milk, it was very nice. Now, I want to go out and buy some of the regular white tea. I've never tasted it, but for some reason it just sounds yummy.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:14 AM   #5  

I drink white tea with jasmine.. it is very yummo and is great for you as well. It has less caffeine in it but is higher than green tea for anti oxidants - tastes great with a wedge of lemon or lime. Chai is also really nice.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  

Good morning y'all!

I'm going to have to try that English Toffee Tea - that sounds like something I'd love!

Mamacita - I can relate to the BIL thing. About a year after I met my husband - my BIL to be showed up at his door - and preceeded to live there for the next FOUR years. And then when we got married he wanted to move in with us - I was like noooooooooooo. He made me crazy - thank goodness - he married a woman with a little money and now he's safely tucked away in another state.

Ok - so I cut the nuts out yesterday - well - I still had my peanut butter cup dessert - but I was having that and waaaay too many nuts on top of it! So - after two days of stalled weight loss - I'm down two pounds today!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!

I'm off to take DH#! to school - hooray for Thursdays - he goes two days a week and it's the only time I can clean my house! And it's SPINNING today - so today should be a great OP day for me!!

Heather
Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Chickies! We have sun today - for now at least. January was the strangest month around here. It will be nice to get back into "regular" February winter.

Nice to see you back with us, Marianna. Chicks in Control is a great group and there is no problem with belonging to more than one group. We need all the support we can get.

Mamacita, how horrible about your friend's father! Was he very ill? It's good that she has such a supportive friend in you. BIL is moving back? Change the locks!

Pearshape, I'm feeling bloated too and can't use TOM as an excuse any more! I f9ind that even the artificially sweetened things give me cravings for more. I have some Sleepytime tea and should switch to that in the evenings.

Heather, can you find another woman with money for Mamacita's BIL? You must be pleased with the weight drop after cutting the nuts. They are killers for me too. It's too easy to go over the day's "ration".
Old 02-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoops! Hit post too soon!

My bath is running, the woodstove is warming up the back of the house, the recycle stuff is already out at the road and I'll be cranking up my day very shortly. I have some errands to do and still have some of yesterday's shopping in the car. My book club meets tonight and I am less than halfway through the book selection. Actually, I'd never read the darn book if it weren't for the club. Boring and full of more nautical and fishing terms that I'll ever need to know! It's "Rockbound". The last book "Swann" was interesting and I was prepared to discuss it at the last meeting which was cancelled because of the weather. I'm going to make some asparagus soup this morning and roast some beef bones for homemade stock. It'll be another full day.

By the way, at darts last night, they forced me to eat popcorn and drink wine!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, and HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!
He saw his shadow, so there's 6 more weeks of winter in store for us. It's been a pretty mild winter around here so far, so I'm not minding it at all.
I've tried the English Toffee tea, and I don't care for it, but I love the Chai tea, especially the Chocolate Caramel Enchantment.
Mamacita, it's a shame your BIL is moving back. We had my SIL living with us for a while, and although I love her and thought it would be great to have her here, the situation didn't work out at all. At least we're still friends! That's so sad about your friend, it's nice that you are going to be with her today.
I'm trying to get some laundry finished, and have to run to the bank and pick up some groceries before getting the little ones. I made some grilled chicken and sauteed cabbage for supper last night, so I'm taking leftovers for my lunch. Turkey burger for tonight, and Jake is having perogies (Lucky him!!).
Old 02-02-2006, 09:05 AM   #10  

Ruth, those SWINE!! They held you down and FORCED that popcorn and wine down your throat??? They ought to be strung up by their thumbs!!

We don't really know what kind of health L's dad was in...he'd had a little(!) accident with a riding mower a couple years back and self-amputated the lower half of one arm, but other than that, he'd seemed to be okay...but lately, she'd noticed that he'd done nothing but sit and drink beer and smoke. No energy at all. Personally, I think he was feeling like he was a burden to her and was contemplating suicide from the time she got her BC diagnosis. She couldn't leave to get better treatment b/c she couldn't leave him, etc... So, he just offed himself to get out of her way. Little did he know that the stress wouldn't exactly be beneficial to her treatment.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well ladies another work packed day for me. I have to get in some hours at my SAH job, then I have some photos to take tonight at a basketball game. I am planning on going to work out after I convert my photos for the paper. I always make these lofty goals then really only start committing to them halfway through the month and then I wonder why I never achieve them?! I am also going to really try harder at my water intake today.

Marianna - Welcome Back!

Mamacita - OMG! I had to reread your post, to make sure I read it right the first time. That is soooooo sad. I nag my husband all the time to go to the doc....

Stay OP chickies you never know whos watching, j/k have a great day!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Feeling good today and raring to go. Have to some food shopping and than the day is mine.Planning to get some exercising in early this afternoon before it gets to late.

Did anyone see the Biggest Losers last night. I was so happy to see the blue team win.I think that worked the hardest to get where them were weightwise. Just watching them made me think that I MUSTtry a little hard with my exercising routine. I'm not working the maxium.

Marianna-Welcome back to the beach and to this board. You'll do fine,we're here to help.

Mamacita-ARRRRRRRRRHHH!!! I'm sorry to hear this,I can't believe this happen to your friend.Sending hugs:hugs: and prayers her way. How terrible. Thank God she has a great friend like you.

Pearshape-Tom will do that all the time. That great your craving haven't returned,as lots of people have the bloasting & cravings all at once.
I have Bob Red Mills Flaxmeal in my frig,but I haven't tried it yet.

Heather-Happy to hear your broke your stall. I have to watch my nut consumtion also. I,just can't stop when I start.

Ruth-Have a soothing warm bath. How are your knees doing these days.???????????

Hi Stephie & Cottage

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-02-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #13  

HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cottage, I agree, this winter has been so mild... A course, we had no idea what to expect in NC ...but it's averaged about 60... Quite Loverly!!!!

Marianna:
Welcome back our leetle Sheila~!

Mamacita:
How terrible! What a good friend you are to go see her.

Pearsy:
I have Bob's Flax seed and ww flour.. The stuff is great...

Texas:
I'm a big nut nut :crazy":.. had to cut it ALL out completely!

Ruth: Sleepytime tea is not meant fer the day you crazy canuck! Are those macedonian hunks of meat finally done with the cellar repair work.??

HI Stephie and BB

I am Running on Natural Gas today.... I made a pre-mixed "10 bean soup" last night... UM that's like 7 beans toooo much fer me! WOE the Pain the Pain!
Right now, I'm sitting at my neighbors house.. she needed an emergency babysitter.. These folks live a more european lifestyle and the wee one goes to bed around midnight and doesn't get up till noon.. Aww the miracles of wireless connectivity! oops, I hear her coughing... Cripes, I hope she doesnt wake up.. scary to wake up and no mama....
I'm off to get my hair colored and cut this afternoon, by the FABU "Mr Lyn"
LATAH my Lovelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Good Morning everyone....I'm very sleepy. Drinking some coffee.
Had my AVON open house last night. I got an additional $100.00 in sales, so that's good. I had an odd lady show up. The party was at 5, she showed up at 3:50. Didn't leave until 7. She had an odor to her....so not only did I clean BEFORE the party, but I clean AFTERWARDS as well. She kept asking about products ...what will clean my skin, what will get rid of acne....I thought I was going to lose my patience & tell her good old soap & water...but I didn't. I got a $40 order from her. WOW! My df's sister talked to her & the lady told Sarah (df's sister) that she worked with me at Old Navy - what?! She doesn't & I wouldn't hire her either! She was a H.A.M. sandwich (hot @ss mess!)
Well I'm off to go exercise....made a bet with a friend that I could lose more weight than her.....so I have to go kick her butt!
Have a great day!!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #15  

Soon: on a SUCCESSFUL OPEN HOUSE!!!!! (is Bill Evigall the one that goes ...."Here's yer sign"???" ah well, I'm trying to resell the tix on craigslist..so we'll see......

Ham Sandwich... LOL, never heard that one before!
Closed Thread