Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #1  

Default BFL again for me!!

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this board and am about to embark on BFL for the 3rd time.
We purchase a home gym and have all the free weights set up next to the treadmill. Started on Friday with the workout and started my meals today.
I no longer have excuses as I have everything I need right at home...
So....I'll be bugging you guys for motivation..haaha...
Wish me luck!!

Di
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #2  

It really is such a fantastic program! I just keep doing it over and over. My body composition has dramatically changed in the last year. I've managed to lose 46 lbs on it and find it a great program that can be followed, realistically, throughout the year with holidays and social events a person enjoys. I really have gotten into lifting and am in the gym my 3 x's per week with the "big boys". They've been very welcoming to this middle-aged woman! I think they get a bit of a kick out of my progress. I get a kick out of doing a bicep curl heavier than the guy sitting next to me!

Take care of yourself....literally!
maggie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #3  

wow maggie...you're an inspiration to me!!!
Last night I did 25 mins on the treadmill and upper & lower body workout..
just getting into the groove...
eating was good yesterday, but I only got in 4 out of six meals..got to work on that.
tonight I'll do cardio again....
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Didi -- Good luck ... for starting BFL ... I love the plan and still follow it most of the time by eating 5 meals and a carb and protein at each meal... If you are doing BFL you said you worked upper AND lower body last night, that's not good... Do the plan as stated you will get good results...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #5  

Hi Di

I started bfl on Monday! (the 30th or 31st?)
maybe we could be each others backing!
Today is day 5 for me and a cardio (i started the week with the cardio, because i had done weights on saterday, and was still a little sore)
eating is great, i am having no problems with it! i have found some foods on the body for life site i really enjoy!
(ie, 1 apple, peeled and cooked in microwave, sprinkle of cinnamon, and add a serve of splenda sweetened cottage cheese(blended to be like cream)!)
that deals with my sweet cravings and still has the protein and carb!

Of my workouts this week, my upper was great! really got pumped, the lower body i could have done harder (i was nervous on going too hard first off) but i know for the next one.
the cardios I LOVE!! they are amazing! last one i did, i did it tough! and my lungs were burning! Which I know i pushed it as hard as i could! and that hour after doing the cardio i feel like i am walking on the moon (really good )

I am trying to follow the plan by the book! to see if i can get such good results as the pics??
the only thing i have a problem with is doing the cardio first thing in the morning! I live in a wooden house and running on a treadmill is noisy (thud thud) and i don't think the neighbours would like that at six in the morning!

Last edited by icedragon6669; 02-02-2006 at 04:07 PM.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #6  

r u all following BFL for women...or the orginal one?
Juhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #7  

The original here ! (i do not have the bfl for women book!)
and i don't use myoplex (too expensive) i have been using a WPI protein powder mixed in milkshakes (banana and no fat milk) I truelly believe the extra protein is a HUGE part of the BFL program.!

Ok progress report (if anyone here is really listening)
day 6 excercise is in the bag, tomorrow is my first free day, don't know if i really want a day off! we'll see.

ok i have noticed so far! I HAVE BICEPTS!!! (i am always scrawny and even 6 months of steady weights didn't gain me any size or shape)
AND, since i lost 110 pounds and most of my bust! my PECS now have given me back a size...
SO Please forgive me but i really want to scream and jump up and down on the bed and celebrate.... THIS IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So basically i plan to stick to the full 12 weeks! (considering the results after week 1)
I am going to give the 20 min cardio a go for the full 2 weeks, then do a run, to see if it has really increased my stamina, distance or time?!

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO! (i am still a little pumped, just finished the weights and i do push till it really burns!)
Old 02-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #8  

You lost how much this week???
I am so glad to hear, that you had such great results!!
My husband and I are going to be starting on Monday!
Keep up the hard work!!
Amy
AMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #9  
Mel

Congratulations, icedragon, on finding your biceps and pecs I have "gym cleavage" too...beats no cleavage! ( yay for flyes and presses!)

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #10  

GYM CLEAVAGE!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(that is priceless! but true!!!)

Love it MEL!