Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #1  
One more time!

Default Weekly Thread for 100+ to go #2

A new weekly Thread as promised!

This is a group trying to lose 100+ pounds. So pull up your computer chair and come visit for a while!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #2  
One more time!

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

It is beautiful 65 degrees on the coast today. I know it is only January but I can feel Spring in the air! My day lillies are sprouting and people are walking on the beach. Summer can not be far away! (OK, call me Pollyanna right now! LOL)

Sunday is probably a one of the hardest days for me also. Husband is home, the TV is on to sports and I usually eat out of boredom! But with the refrigerator still broken (someone is coming to look at it on Wednesday) there is no reason to stand at the refrigerator door and see what is inside! LOL
Hubby cooked breakfast for me this morning, and am planning a light supper since we have a birthday party for my grandson this eveing to go to! I am not sure I can resist both cake and ice cream, so I am saving plenty of points for one or the other!

How about a topic for the week? How about listing five things that you would like to do once you have lost weight? Things you have dreamt about or even day to day living that you perceive as being better once you have lost the weight? Anyone want to join in? I will think about mine and post later!

Have a great day everyone and I will check in later to make sure you all make it over to the new thread!

GeeChee
Old 01-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  

1. cross my legs!
2. wear a bikini ( we are dreaming arent we?)
3. get whistled at on the street.
4. not feel like the fattest girl in the room
5. sit comfortably in any chair and not worry that it will break or that I'll get stuck.(you know the ones' those molded white plastic outdoor chairs yuck!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #4  

Wink me too

sas, you took my 5 , I totally know. I ALSO WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIT IN A BOOTH AT A RESTAURANT!!!! I always have to ask for a table, and I don't go into fast food places.
raynette aka boxerdawg
Old 01-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #5  
One more time!

Hmmm...looking at the posts and noticed I said I had a birthday party for my grandson....I meant godson. Although I have children old enough to give me grandchildren...I am not there yet! LOL

Ok my five things:

1.) Sit comfortably in an airline seat, including the one in the middle!

2.) Wear normal size clothes, not the big fat ladies ones!

3.) Go into a gymn and not feel like everyone is looking at me.

4.) Feel healthy and know I am doing everything for my health so I can be around to enjoy my family (really the number one reason for why I am doing this!)

5.) Feel confident in myself and good about the way I feel.

Yeah, I hate those plastic year chairs too! So that is my list. I haven't worn a bikini since I was 21, so I am not even dreaming of wearing one ever again! LOL

Weigh in is tomorrow, so I will report how things went. Have a great Sunday everyone!

GeeChee
Old 01-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #6  
If at first you don't...

Well, if saskbabe took Raynette's 5, I have to say that GeeChee took my 5!! Actually, it's a combination of both. In the end, I think most of us have the same goals.

1. Travel by air without feeling like I have to scrunch up to compensate for being overweight! Have ya'll ever noticed that skinny people have a tendency to take up more room than you would think they would? I know it's because they're comfortable with their bodies and they think nothing of taking over both arm rests or putting their feet up in the chair. And then if there is an empty seat in the middle they're sure to throw their briefcase, laptop, etc into the empty seat before you even have a chance to unhook your hands from the back of your arms!!

2. Go swimming. Forget the bikini, I just want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit.

3. Run in a marathon.

4. Buy clothes in a normal size department.

5. Cross my legs.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #7  
Paula

Good evening everyone,
Hmmm 5 things I want to do when I lose the weight:
1. Never buy clothes with an "X" or a "W" in the size
2. look good in lingere
3. be comfortable in a bathing suit (one piece will do)
4. feel comfortable in a gym and not wonder if everyone is thinking "what is she doing here"
5. be able to slide into the car without having to raise the steering wheel up so my thighs will fit.
On that note, I think I will sign off and go to the gym for a while. Talk to you all later.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #8  
creations

My 5 things
1. walk without getting tried
2.ride a bike around Mackinaw Island
3.normal clothes
4.play on the floor with my granddaughters
5. health
Old 01-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #9  

You know there are more fat people in the world than thin. I think we should ban together and get those stupid plastic lawn chairs banned! lol
You are right about thin people taking up more space. it must have something to do with all that air in their personal space cluttering up their spacial sense!!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:44 AM   #10  
Paula

I agree, the lawn chairs should be banned forever. I am off the Franklin, NC today to visit my mother-in-law. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #11  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default A New Week

Hi everyone,

I want to be able to put on my socks without having to grab ahold of the bottom of my pant leg and hiking it up over my other knee first.

I want to go out and shop for cute clothes instead of just settling on ones that fit.

I want my husband to be just a little bit worried when I leave the house.

I want my best friend's mouth to fall open the next time she sees me (she lives far away and we haven't seen each other for a couple of years).

I want to finally do this all the way, not stop half-way through. I will do it this time.

DNR
Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #12  

Talking

Quote:
How about listing five things that you would like to do once you have lost weight? Things you have dreamt about or even day to day living that you perceive as being better once you have lost the weight?
Good Topic!

1. I'd like to go to the mall and be able to find something to wear in ANY store there! (Well, I wear a size 12 shoe, so maybe not the shoe stores - and I'm 5'10", so maybe not petite stores - but any other store there!) No going to Lane Bryant or any store with the word's Plus or Too in the name!

2. I want to run. Not just go fast - RUN!

3. I also want to not be self-conscious in a swimsuit.

4. I want my husband to pick me up and carry me to bed! I've always thought that would be the most romantic thing - but it would have taken Andre the Giant to do it! (Even if I hit my goal, DH better start hitting the gym! )

5. I want to go to my old high school and have everyone there be speechless! The fact is, I've kept in contact with only one person from high school and never really cared to return, but to have the jaws drop when "the fat girl" walked in would so be worth it!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #13  
If at first you don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR
I want my husband to be just a little bit worried when I leave the house.
I love that one! Almost makes me want to go out, find a man and get married just so I can add this one to my list.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #14  

Talking An NSV for ME!

I came home from work early today and I was STARVING! I mean really, really hungry! And, I knew I only had enough points left to eat dinner. I didn't want to use my flex points, I'm always using my flex points lately and I do better if I don't. I was hungry and grumpy and finally decided to make some 0 point soup. So I chopped and sauted and diced and simmered and while I did a strange thing happened. I became calmer. I stopped obsessing over how many points I had left. And by the time it was ready, I wasn't nearly as hungry as I was when I started.

So I've had my soup and now my dinner and I'm pleasantly full. Best of all, I didn't pig out or go make cookies! I'm quite proud of me tonight!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #15  
One more time!

Hey Y'all!

Back from WI and down 4.2# Wahoo! for me!!!

Lillion....way to go. Instead of grabbing anything you could to eat, you dealt with your hunger in way that helped you stay on track! You rock!

DNR...loved your list!

Off to shower. I work very early tomorrow, so I am showering, snuggling in bed and reading, and then calling it a night.

GeeChee
Closed Thread