Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default Personal Question / Concern

Hi I am realtivly new to this site and I feel like since we are all in the same boat I could ask a personal question to whomever can answer. It kinda embarressing to me and not use to talking about it but here goes. I am 26 and overwieght (really!?!) I have a 5 yr old daughter - now on to the questions - for years I have been on the Depo Shot (birthcontrol shot) on an off. Recentelly I have been on the shot for a longer period of time (about 1.5 yrs) side effects of the shot make it so that I dont have a monthly cycle. Beside that I really dont see anyother side effects besides a little wieght gain. I have never been an active person in high school I was over wieght as well (never over the 200 mark like now tho) after I had my daughter I balloned to approx 250 when she was about 1 yrs I put myself on a strict diet and exercise routine (one of the big reasons was I was in the Navy and they have a very strict wieght guide lines where I had to wieght 166) in about 8 mths I lost all the "baby" wieght and went down to approx 177lbs then the lazyness set in and over the course of the next 5.5 yrs I gained the wieght back (at 230 lbs now) As I said before I am on the Depo Shot and have not had a period in about 1.5 yrs. Now I started to watch what I eat and exercise 6 days per week I have been doing this and I am about to start week 3 - well ok to make a really long story short about a week ago I started to spot and it is has not let up and having mildly painful cramps - has anyone experanced this - should I worry - is this a result of the exercise and diet or maybe something else I realise no one is a Doctor (maybe there are some ?) but I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on. Thank you in advance for the help
lovedaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #2  

I'm not on the depo shot but I think it might be because of the exercise and diet. It has screwed with my cycles so I can see it screwing with yours. i went from every 28 days (like clockwork) to 21-25 days with spotting and major cramps. I think it's just the exercise. If you are worried about it then by all means, go to a doctor or just call the doctor's nurse.

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  

When I was on the depo shot, I bled the entire 3 months and gained almost 50 lbs. I think anything is possible with that medication. I don't trust it at all.
honey-dipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #4  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

I was on depo a few years back and the only effect I had was not having my periods (which didn't seem like a bad thing at the time).

After about a year I went off it and then about 6 months later, went back on it. My periods came back immediately and then went away immediately in relation to the shot.

I stopped again about 1.5 years after that last shot and again, my periods came back and have been like clockwork ever since.

I would say go to your doctor as not menstruating is a side effect - which you could no longer be experiencing for whatever reason, or for some other reason.

Get it checked out just to be sure.

Good luck
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default Thanks A Bunch

Thats all for the imput - yea I gonna call the DR. I just had doing it such a hassle!!! But I will thanks again

Angie
lovedaname is offline   Reply With Quote