Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #1  

Default Stretch Marks?

This is kind of a strange question but since I have began "dieting" and exercising for the last month I have noticed that I have developed stretch marks on my stomach. I have only lost a couple of pounds and haven't really noticed any loss of inches but there they are. I didn't have any of them before the new year so I can only conclude that they are from the lifestyle changes that I have made. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so when can I expect them to go away?
anfluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #2  

usually if u get stretch marks its because of a sudden weight loss or gain or of course pregnancy. bad news is they never go away, they do fade slightly but dont disappear.
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #3  

I've heard that rubbing cocoa butter on them will help them fade more rapidly. I have a few on my side, from when I had my "growth spurt" and got a lot taller in a short period of time. They never go away completely but mine fade to white, and since im so pale, once they do so you can't really see them! haha
LilyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #4  
it's always something

Meg put together a very informative FAQ on loose skin and stretchmarks in the Maintenance forums. Go here to read it
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #5  

I've also heard that using Retin-A on them can help. I hate stretch marks, but I also think they can be a good wake-up call. I'd gotten used to the ones on my lower tummy and my boobs but it wasn't until I found some on the backs of my knees that I realized I was getting out of control! I didn't even know you could get them there!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

i have them all over... back (love handles), thighs, boobs, arms. they have lightened with time but are still there. i just ignore them though. what can i do?
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:31 AM   #7  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

I had stretch marks on my stomach...mine from having 3 kids though. But they had paled from the dark pink to the color of my skin once i had baby and skin went back. Since i have been dieting they are dark pink again. I was gonna ask too about this, if it was normal that they do this. I havent weighed myself yet...waiting till next week but no i am scared to death to do it cuz i dont want to find out they are dark pink again cuz i am GAINING instead of losing. Anyone else have this happen???
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:53 AM   #8  
resident lactivist

Honestly, I'd just ignore them. Most women have 'em, and I can guarantee you 99.9% of the women who have 'em are just as insecure about the issue. I'm the only person I know who just doesn't care. I got the first of mine back in puberty when I hit my growth spurt, and after three pregnancies I am only surprised the ones on my tummy haven't joined in the center yet! To me it's part of life. Realistically, though, you're the only one who's going to notice them.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #9  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Puberty kicked me bum, giving me stretch marks on my bum, arms, thighs, hips, and calves. My most recent one was a few months ago on my stomach, though... caused by overeating for a month (I gained 15 pounds that month, horrible!!). The ones on my arms, thighs, and calves are all but faded away, though the ones on my hips, bum, and stomach are all rather deep, so I don't think they'll ever fade to a normal color. Eventually I want to see if I can get them faded by laser (I've been reading up on the subject), but for now I just have to deal with them. They suck :P
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote