Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #1  

Default how do you stay motivated doing ww@home?

i'm wondering how all you gals stay motivated doing ww@home. by doing it ourselves we don't have the motivation of going to a meeting and physically seeing other people, in short we lack the accountability that people doing weight watcher meetings have?

i want to make sure that i don't lose my motivation, so any tips and/or advice would be great!

thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #2  

Smile You can do this, we can do this!

I'm accountable to me. That's my strongest motivation. I don't care what other people do, I wonder why they do it but only I can fix ME. Coming to these boards is priceless. Hope you find it helps you stay on course. Post often, it helps you to write down how you are doing and helps everyone else stay inspired.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I guess my motivation is the wanting to succeed this time. I've read sooo many books, bought the video's, have all the will to succeed but this time I just need to do it. I made up a binder with motivational success stories and articles.....signed up to the free site .."fitday" to log in all my foods, and I've joined a gym. So there are no more excuses, I just NEED TO DO IT. Taking small chunks of weight to lose is so much more doable than to be overwhelmed by losing the total amount. I focus on a small goal of 5-10 lbs and then plan, plan, plan. I'm in no hurry, and so far so good. Good luck!!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:06 AM   #4  

I am trying to do WW at home. I find it more difficult but this time I am going to have success. I live so far away from the closest meeting that I need more accountability. I am a lifetime member and I find myself over goal to often.
I have found that when I let other people's eyes look at my weight I do better. So take a peek.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #5  
Living4him

I stay motivated by reading a lot of free information on the web including this site and threads like this one!

Old 02-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #6  

i am doing ww at home,too. for me it is easier than going to meetings. I want this weight off so bad, that i am not letting myself down
Old 02-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #7  

I've only ever done ww@home... I was doing it with a roommate but she lost all her motivation and I had to make sure she doesn't bring me down too.... I find this board really helps, it gives you a sense of accountability when you have, for instance, a weight tracker (which you honestly update) attached to all your posts.... Or if you sign up for a mini-challenge, and you have to say if you met your goal or not.... Even though we can't see each other, we can still support each other and hold ourselves accountable for our success!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:12 AM   #8  
keeksee

S/C/G: 245/225/150

I'm doing WW @ Home with my husband because there is no way that I can drag him to any of the meetings... Plus, we never really did any diets before this. We just tried to eat healthy but obviously, it wasnt enough... I was actually surprised that he agreed to do it with me... but to make sure that I wasn't going to be the only one nagging about it, we bought 2 kits so he can learn about it on his own. Also with our own materials, we figured, we both won't have an excuse to say we just grabbed the 1st food we could find since we couldnt calculate the points anyway!

I think meeting other people, through this site will help a lot in staying motivated. I'm still new at this. Just started 2 days ago but I'm definitely looking forward to achieving goals with everyone!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #9  

I have only ever done ww at home, with small kids and a military husband with an erratic schedule I never knew if I had a babysitter or not. I have gone on and off again, but each time I quit I would learn something new and be able to use that to my advantage the next time I started. I am hoping this will be my last time, I think I am prepared for all my obsticals.

The things I use to keep myself motivated though have been really helpful. I wrote in my journal all the reasons I wanted to lose weight, even if they seemed kind of dumb if someone else read them, and I also wrote why I don't like having this extra weight on. Those lists give me something to look at when I am feeling really down on myself. I also hang up my old skinny clothes that I would like to get back into. They are a nice reminder when I am getting into my clothes now that I can get back down to that size again if I keep working hard.

I have also changed my thinking. I used to think about my final goal all the time, but now I start thinking in little increments, like I want to get back to my weight before we moved here, then to the weight after I had my daughter, then the weight I was during our first move, then pre-wedding weight and then high school weight. It gives me little goals and because I can remember what I looked like and look at old pictures, I know it is possible so I don't feel like I should just give up as often. I will also look through fashion mags and see women I would like to have a body like. I don't expect myself to actually ever look like them, especially after having kids, but it still gives me some to use as inspiration when some of my other things aren't working.

Hopefully this gave you some ideas, good luck!
Old 02-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/268/180

Default WW @ Home

I am also doing WW at home, since I am a student I can't afford weekly meetings. I hope to lose weight before the summer. I would really like to wear a bikini--haven't worn one in at least 8 years! I also want to wear all the cool trendy clothes that smaller girls get to choose from, even though plus size clothes are getting better I have to admit.

Do we come to this "topic" to post our weigh ins each week? Or where do I go?

I look forward to meeting new friends on here!
Thanks,
Amanda
Old 02-24-2006, 06:07 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alawson
Do we come to this "topic" to post our weigh ins each week? Or where do I go?
amanda--we usually have a weekly weigh in thread where we chatter and post our losses (and gains ). someone usually starts a new on monday, and everybody is welcome!
Closed Thread