Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #1  

Default My story will sound familiar...

Well, I'm starting tomorrow. I have tried before, starting on a Monday but the headaches were too much so I'm starting Friday and hoping that the worst of them will be over on Monday and I can get on with this.

I've spent the last month flip-flopping like everyone else about how to go about losing this weight. I know, in my heart, that the only way is to get off the carbs so that is what I'm going to do. I'm scouring the boards to look for tips and make sure I'm not eating the wrong thing. If I can get through the first 3-4 days then I can do this.
DrgnFly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #2  
Dede

YES YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT~
we're all here for you!!!
dberdine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:44 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well you have found a great place for support

Come join the daily so we can get to know you better.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Best of luck to you! I've just been going for about 3 weeks, haven't seen much progress in the past week and a half, but am still trying!!!

We all 3 seem to be in about the same weight range and desire for loss range.

Hey, I'm a St. Patty's b-day, too!

alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

For me, once I get through the 3rd day and am in ketosis, I don't want to blow it. Those first three days I often have trouble getting through though. I just kind of go easy on myself and cut the carbs down to nearly nothing, but if I slip a bit within the first day or two I just try again the next day. It sometimes takes me 5 days before I really feel like I've gotten back on the diet and am ready to reach ketosis.

On the other hand I have fasted for one day to jumpstart ketosis faster. That way I'm in ketosis by day 2 and can just go on Atkins from there. Fasting isn't really very difficult at all, and it isn't unhealthy assuming you drink enough water (and well in particular a one day fast isn't at all bad for you). But that kind of works. It makes the starting part happen more quickly gets you past the struggle of 3 days waiting for ketosis.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

and you can do this once you set your mind to it! Make sure you've thoroughly researched your choice of WOE (I didn't notice what plan/option you were doing except lower carb) to make sure you're on the right path and getting all the nutrients you need
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:49 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

welcome
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote