Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday Chat ~ 1/26

good morning chickadees

hope everybody has a great day

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh yeah... some one did start a thread lol.

Hi Cathy

Good Morning whats shakin everyone... we're almost at Friday yipeeee.
Anyone got plans for the weekend?

Liz, I love old country music but my favorites are a wee bit older than Johnny Cash (who I love). I love Jim Reeves, Eddy Arnold, Patsy Klein. Remember Charlie Rich... Hey? did you happen to see the most beautiful girl...hehehe, my dad loved country music and would sing that song. Remember Glen Campbell's songs... Rindstone Cowboy ROFLMFAO !!! Oh and Mac Davis...Lay lady lay. okay enuf lol.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone. I did something very unusual - I woke up early and decided to do my walking before work. Amazing for me. I did the 2 mile WATP. I was quite a sight since I was yawning the whole time and that made tears roll down my cheeks. I'm definitely not a morning exerciser. But for today, I did it and I'm done for the day. Hopefully that will leave me more time to finish my sweater tonight. I didn't finish it yesterday - but I did get all the pieces ironed so I can sew it together. Hopefully tonight will be the night.

April, I'm using it about 45 minutes. I really, really like it. Thanks for recommending it. I love how small and compact it is. Traveling with it will be simple. Even just for weekends, bringing it home on't be a pain. The other box was so cumbersome.

Buddly, I definitely recommend it over meds. My psychiatrist prescribed light therapy for me last year and because of the new blue light, I feel it's actually doing good. Between exercise and it, I'm totally med free. I really like that!!!

Leenie, I wish it was Friday already!!! I have two long meetings today and they are so dreadful.

Cathy, I thought of you while walking this morning. Hopefully you get to do it yourself today.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Wow is it Friday yet?? This week just feels so long for some reason. Had rain, hail and snow last night. I don't think it could make up its mind.

Well, had to do the popcorn trick last night, but I figured it was better than a couple of bowls of sugar crisps. And nothing after 8:30 pm. Babysteps. Dd18 and I are planning on going to town and pick up my mom and get a bit of grocery shopping done.

Marie, thanks for the recommendation. I wasn't to sure if the apollo light was the right strenght or whatever, so hearing all the positive feedback sure does help. And congratulations on getting your walking in before work I took a twelve week body for life program a few years ago and we had to be there for 6am, it just about killed me!! I am so not a morning person!

Leenie, I love the oldies as well, I have Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Charlie Pride not to mention good old Johnny Horton! Can't beat that stuff you can sing along with!

Morning Cathy.

Well hope everyone has a good day, I'm off.

Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #5  

Good afternoon everyone

It's a mild day again....the winters here are a lot milder than they used to be.
I met friends for coffee this morning. I am flying to Vancouver on Sunday....the plans have changed some....originally I was going to be gone 19 days....8 with DS1, DDIL & DGD...Claire....the rest were going to be with DS2 & his DGF in Victoria on Vancouver Island....decided to cut it down to 1 week with DS1, his DW & baby Claire....will visit in Victoria another time.

Buddly....I got my original light box after my counselor told me about them.....I tried it out at the hospital for 5 mornings to see if it worked....at the time it did......I told the counselor about the blue waves light box....she said to go ahead....so I did....it seems to work better than the regular light box.
It would probably help you....you mentioned about gaining the weight since you moved here....the same thing has happened to me......we have been here almost 30 years....it's been since we moved here that I have gained all this weight....but I would lose weight in the spring & summer & gain it all back in the winter.....plus more.
I see that you sleep most of the day & are up until 2 A.M. I have the same problem....sleep until 10:30 A.M.....find it hard to get out of bed....some nights.....I have trouble going to sleep....I wonder if your body clock is out of wack....like mine.

Marie....I will bring my blue light with me when I go to Vancouver....I can put it in my carry on luggage.....I like it parly because it is small....& I can use it in different parts of the house.

Hi Leenie & Cathy.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Well, we went to Costco today and I picked up one of the golites. I did the online assessment and it did say that my clock was out of wack and to use it in the morning. I can't wait to get started and to see if it does make a difference. Thanks for all you help April and Marie.

It sure was mild today, I even had to take my jacket off, granted I'm wearing a heavy fleece shirt, but I usually have to have many layers on.

April- it will be great for you to be able to snuggle baby Claire and of course visit your son and daughter in law. Have a wonderful visit.

Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote