Old 01-25-2006, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default interested in La weight loss

I'm interested in the diet I know I can call or go for info but I was just curious about some things. I don't need specific details so I'm not trying to get the diet for free. But what is la weight loss. Do they just tell you foods to eat and give you a certain amount of calories. Are you able to eat frozen dinners and fast food is it alot of cooking? If anyone can give me general info I'd appreciate it.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #2  

Hi 2much -

LA Weight Loss (LAWL) is basically a low-carb, high-protein diet with a strong emphasis on portion control. When you join your current weight and WL goals are evaluated and you are assigned to a "plan" that allows certain foods (a fairly wide variety), of which you are to eat a certain number of portions each day.

Cooking is highly encouraged simply because then you control your portion sizes as well as all the ingredients, but it is possible to eat some fast food and frozen dinners, as well as ordinary dining out. If you have seen or heard the commercials that say you can "eat whatever you want," well, that's not entirely accurate. But the program will definitely teach you how to make the healthiest choices when faced with "everyday life."

There are quite a few threads on here from other potential and new LAWL members that may have answers if you have more questions, too.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #3  

Hello 2much

I have been on diets for about 2 years and nothing worked for me. It was really easy for me to do this diet because I eat more then I ever have and the weight is coming off. Is it expensive Yes, Is it worth it Yes, Do I recommend it Yes, but be prepared to work at it. The weight is not just gonna fall off on any diet, there is no magic pill. You have to make it work for you, just like any other diet. If you do as you are told to do it will work.

Good Luck with it and if you would like to look at a copy of one of the meal plans let me know and I will show you mine.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  

yes the diet is based on a lot of home cooking because it is also sodiunm controlled so you need to know what is being put into your food, but there are allowances for eating out and frozen meals.
Please go through our threads and read some of the other responses to people with similiar questions to yours to get a good idea of what the diet is about.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote