South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #1  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday Chat

Mornin Chicks! I am tired from being up this early! Normally Kylee doesn't get me up until around 8:30 or so! I have a full next few days planned. I have new furniture coming on Monday so we need to get out the old, paint the room, and steam clean the carpets. Not to meantion my FIL is coming to help so I need to clean today to get the house ready for him. Gonna do my best to stay OP though. I don't want to do any damage to my 9 pound loss so far this month! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Good Morning Chicks,

Well, I didin't do too badly at the party at work yesterday. I did have a small piece of cake and a piece of the chocolate chip cookie cake as well but I stayed away from the rest of the stuff except for the fresh veggies. I just keep saying to myself that it could have been worse. I could have just eaten everything in sight. Back to OP eating today and hopefully for the weekend as well. I do have plans to eat out on Saturday night but have promised myself to make good choices. I feel hungry this morning, must be the overdose of sugar from yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day on the beach.

Jennie - Sounds like you have your hands full. Nine pounds though...that's just plain awesome!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Well, I've lost one of the three pounds I gained from the cruise. This cold/bronchitis thing is helping b/c I don't have much of an appetite.

Went shopping yesterday but it's really hard to even buy food when you just don't want to eat. I'm making a pot of chili, some of my "Amazing" chicken/veggie soup, and some individual broccoli cheese quiche cups.

Jennie, you have a very busy week ahead of you! I just did the whole rip-up-the-carpet-paint-the-walls thing. Not fun. But the results were sure worth it. It's like having a whole different house!

Okay, gonna make some coffee and have my breakfast...maybe some oatmeal with cinnamon this morning.

Freaky, we posted at the same time. Good morning!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! Yesterday was a bad eating day, ate too much and ate 2 no-sugar added icecream thingies. Bad bad! I'm PMSing so I wonder if that's it??

Also during my environmental policy class I totally tanked on my chapter presentation. I wasn't quite sure what were supp to do and wasn't near as organized as the other two presenters were. It was very informal but I felt like an idiot. Because I didn't bullet my synopsis I drew a blank and the professor had to jump in and help me out. Sooo embarassing!! I feel like big fat idiot! The next thing in that class I'll have to do really well to save face and show them I'm not always so airheaded.

Hopefully today will be better. I'll be on campus teaching all day until 8 pm and will bring my food so there's no way I can stray today. Last night I tried white wine. It was good but I like red better. I tried a Sauvignon Blanc. I don't know why I hated wine before. Weird. I find that a 4 oz glass is perfect for me. Maybe next time I get a sweet craving, I'll have some wine instead lol!

Have a great day chicks!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chicklets!
I'm still at home, we're having some bad ice problems on the roads, lots of fender benders, etc. I want no part of it, so I'm waiting til the sun can do it's work before I venture out. Luckily, most of the time my job can be flexible, and the schools are delayed 2 hours anyway. It seems the older I get, the more I mind the winter.
There's nothing on our agenda for today. Since there's a delay the girls won't have school since one's in Pre-K and the other is in Nursery and only go in the mornings. If the weather clears up we might make today our Library Day instead of tomorrow, or go to an indoor playground. I'm baking some chicken right now so I can make Chicken & Spinach Casserole for supper. I'm going to use NF yogurt in the place of the sour cream, I hope it still turns out OK.
Have a great day!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #6  

Morning Chicadees!

Cottage: You're smart to just stay put when it's like that out. Although PA/NJ winters aren't that bad..it's one of the reasons this little chick headed South :grin:
Pearsy: Here's to a better day today!!!! :toast:

Mamacita: I hope you feel better darlin! Your soup has become a regular comfort food around here!

Freaky: With all those goodies around, I think you did great Doll!!

Jennie: 9 Pounds? !! You'll definitely get in some exercise today!

Nuthin really planned here today.. I think I'm gonna go lie down, I feel a bit crappish today HAVE A HAPPY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Oh Yeah...here is the new haircut. This picture stinks but it does show the cut.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

OMG it rocks!! you look awesome!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Freaky~~Your new hair cut looks absolutely adorable on you!!! It looks fun and sassy!! And congrats on losing 10 pounds this month. What do you think is the key thing that you are doing to lose weight??

Schatzi~~I hope you feel less crappish after your nap

Jeannie~~ WOW~9 pounds lost this month. Way to go!

Me~I can't seem to be able to hang on to my weight loss. I'm losing and gaining the same friggin pounds this week. I started exercising last week. Today my elliptical will be delivered and set-up, so I plan on ramping-up the cardio. I have been totally OP on food this the past few weeks but probably need to increase my water intake. I have to lose some of this weight before I go back to visit my family in California next May.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:34 AM   #10  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

alright it's day 2 of no losing, I'm still in phase 1 and alredy lost 6 lbs so I do expect the slow down but still I really liked seeing a new number each morning.

Today I'm going to play around with fitday and make sure i'm being good to myself. The other day I ate wonderfully, lots of veggies and all but my overall calories were only 960 and then I worked out for an hour. I just don't want my body to start hoarding fat(**** i can do that myself, lol). what's a good number of calories per day for a 5'1" 35 yr old?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:37 AM   #11  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone! I don't have much time to write because I have a lab meeting in a few weeks, but I just wanted to check in. I hope you all have a great day on the beach!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:00 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Not in good shape this morning as my shoulders & neck are borthering me due to the DAMPNESS on the Cape.No exercising today for me.Hope this will not effect my W-I on Saturday.

The bread I got from the bakery is calling my name,so I need some kind of control,as Its only ONE grain carb for the day entering Phase 2.

Jenne-Sending Good:Vibes for you to keep OP and not ruin your 9 pound weight loss.

Freaky-Just stay forcus, good luck,as you sound like you have a great plan to stay OP.

Mamacita- Big congrats on your 3 lb weight loss Wish I could lose my crusie weight have 4 more to reach that goal.

Cottage-Be safe and take care on that black ice. I don't got out on those days. But than again I'm retired,so I don't have too.

OH!! Schatzi - Hope your not coming down with something. Take care and have a good rest.

2bfit-I so Sorry to see that your not doing good in youir weight loss.Did you go to the web site that explains why your plateauting ??? I'll try to find it for you.

Hi Batmamm & Christina

Have a good one Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-25-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin’ Ya’ll

Jennie—new furniture, I love re-doing a room, it freshens thing up so much.

Freaky—your hair cut looks great, I love it!!

Mamacita—feel better soon

Pear—Hope your day goes better today, I’ve had days like that where you can’t seem to do anything right, and everybody looks at you like you have something hanging out of your nose.

Cottage—No fun about the ice, but it gives you a reason to have a cozy day at home. I’ve been seeing this chicken spinach casserole come up quite a bit here lately. Is it that good? My DH hates spinach. Can you hide it somehow or is it prominent in the dish?

2bfit—I’ve been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds this week, very frustrating!!

Hi Schatzi, batmom, crk

Me, I went back to the gym last night. I worked out on the treadmill and lifted weights. I wanted to ease back into it. There was a pilates class going on, and I still don’t feel comfortable enough to join in. Maybe next week. They have pilates every Tuesday night. As I said earlier I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs, so I’m hoping the exercising will help w/ that. I’m going to look through the recipe list again today, maybe I can find something that I haven’t seen before and try it this weekend. I’m getting tired of making the same old thing. Even for breakfast I’ve switched to having cottage cheese and when I get to work have an orange or apple later w/ a V8 (I hate this stuff, but I can drink it better than eating veggie first thing in the morning.) So hopefully these little changes will get me past this 5lb bump in the road.

Hope everybody has a great day!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #14  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Mroning all:
Freaky; the hair cut is so cute. Do you have curly hair? Mine is straight, but love the cut. Looks so easy to do.
Schatzi: Hope you feel better. I had a touch of a stomach bug the other day. Couldn't leave the house, had to be near a bathroom LOL.
Batmomm: I just read the other day about this. It said something to the effect that you need 3500 cals to maintain and to lose 1# a week you need to drop 500 cal. It came to something like 2100. This is also what my doctor told me. She said to start there for a few weeks and then drop to 1900 again for another few weeks, then start dropping 100 cals a week until I find a comfortable place for me and still losing. But, not to go below 1400 a day. This worked for me for as long as I stuck to it. It also depends on what you current weight is.
Everyone else: Great on weight loss. I lost 1.4 at weigh in last night.
Well, off to do some more computer surfing.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #15  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Morning chicks! Hope everyone is having a good OP day.

Congrats to everyone who has lost this week!!!

TAZCAT - Didn't see you on here this morning must be beacuse you are sleeping in on your Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

FREAKY - Your new hair looks great!!

SCHATZI - Hope you feel better after your nap.

PEARSHAPE - Chin up dear. You'll do better next time. We all know you are the greatest!!

BEACHBUM - I can relate to aches and pains when it gets damp. Isn't getting older wonderful.

Me well I'm off to change my ticker officially for the week. Wednesday it weigh in day and I have lost (big drum roll please) 16 pounds so far this month. WOO WHOO!! I think about 12 pounds of it was water weight because the first week of P1 every time I moved I had to pee and that is how much I lost that week.

Sorry don't have time to post individually to everyone else. Got to get going. Hope you all have a great OP day!!
Closed Thread