Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:08 AM   #1  
Faded Like The Stars

Default Coming Out Of The Woodwork

Hi All,

have been lurking around the boards for a little while now and decided it was finally time that I plucked up my courage and started getting out there.

I started Weight Watchers last year, did it for a little while and then just kinda stopped. So I decided that this year I had to do it for real and lose the weight. So I started properly on the 12th of January and have been sticking to it pretty well up until last weekend when I had a little blow out but Im right back onto it again.

Im not attending the meetings, i cant really afford to go and time constraints mean its pretty hard for me to get to the meetings, but I do have all the books etc and thought that i could join in here and be part of the community, which should help me in my weight loss journey.

Tel
Old 01-27-2006, 01:32 PM   #2  
wannaloose

Red face Hi!!!

Hi, I am Ileana
New here just started today.
I am also going back to WW and not going to the meetings.
I have all my information from 2003 and is going good, I have lost 10 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. For me is great!!!
So we can help eachother I don't thing there are any changes twards the points system but I will say something that I am doing different from when I did it back in 2003 is that now I joined a gym and the exercise is helping me a lot...
So if you have any questions let me know and good luck!!!
Here is something you my like. I read it from someone else I thought it was great!!!

1. Free your mind, and the weight will follow
2. Food is not the enemy
3. One step at a time
4. It takes support to slim down
5. I control my weight, it doesn't control me

Last edited by beberooo; 01-28-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #3  
Faded Like The Stars

Hi Ileana,

Those pointers are really good, im going to copy them down and keep them with me all the time just as a reminder.

Im going to join the gym with my mum, Curves, so hopefully that will really help.

Just a quick posts but hope to chat with you again soon, it will be good to encourage each other :-)

Tel
Old 01-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #4  
wannaloose

Thumbs up Hello again!!!

That sounds great!
I have heard a lot of good things about Curves. My stepmom goes there and she lost a lot of weight. I go to LA Fitness but there have to be a lot more support at the Curves. You can keep track of what you are really loosing with them.
Good luck on that, you will be feeling great with yourself.
So you go girl and hope to chat with you later on!!!
A little cheer for you...
Old 01-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Congrats on re-joining/doing WW. It's a fabulous program, I am a HUGE believer in it (in a not so huge body anymore... for now... I am in my fifth month of pregnancy ).

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-29-2006, 01:11 AM   #6  

Can you please tell us some more about Curves. TIA.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:24 AM   #7  
Faded Like The Stars

Congratulations Ali!

Im glad to be back doing it, it makes me feel so much better about myself

Havent joined Curves yet UFSeniorGirl, but as soon as I know stuff about it i'll let you know

Thanks for the cheer Ileana, its keeping me going!

Tel
Closed Thread