Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #1  
Imperfections = beauty.

Default Where to begin?

Hey everyone.

I'm a new member to the threads but not new to the site

I have a question about protein powders. I've seen alot of different names here, but I'm not sure which one would be best for me. Here's my stats: I have lost 55 pounds but am trying to get off the last 20 (Which is proving to be the hardest!). I do cardio 6 times a week and weightlift 3 of those days. I do not exceed 1200 calories a day and eat very healthy (Going to a nutritionist also helped).

So based off of that whole long paragraph I just wrote, can anyone recommend a protein powder?
in_the_end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hmm, I don't know if I can reccomend one. What I would do if I were you is decide how many calories you can devote to the powder out of your meal plan and then just sample some that work within that restriction. Usually the more calories/carbs the better they taste but that's not always the case. A good (cheap) site for supplements is www.nutritionexpress.com When you select a powder on there is shows the calories/protein/carb etc per serving. Personally I use the Fitness Labs Whey Protein Concentrate in chocolate. I really like it but someone else may not. Just try to get some single serving packets of different brands/flavors and see what you like!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #3  
Mel

Here is a whole thread from a few months ago about protein powders.
Protein Powder
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #4  
Imperfections = beauty.

Thanks for the info! Boo to me for not doing a forum search. I did google though Perhaps that's why I was so confused!
in_the_end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I like Designer Whey pp and also use the Naturade Soy meal replacement powder. I blend both with 8 oz strawberries, a banana, 3c water, and 3 scoops powder. Makes 40 oz, so I have 20 for bfast and 20 for lunch, normal dinner. I have tried every concoction of powder/fruit/milk, etc that I can think of and this is the best I've found. Sometimes I'll throw in a Dannon lf yogurt (4 oz) cup if I have some on hand.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote