Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday Chat - 1/23

Good Morning

How is everyone today?

We went to see Hoodwinked yesterday with DD and DH.....it was very cute but more adult than kiddy. DH was laughing more than DD

Cathy, I'll post this twice just incase: The dress I'm trying to make is pink/white/purple pattern with My Little Pony all over it. DD picked out the material. Its just a simple Jumper.. I have not sewn since I was 16 so I figured I'd start out simple and see if my brain can handle it (adhd...drives me nuts). I'll take pictures if I complete it LOL. Last night I cut the patern out, and cut the material, now I have to figure out how to sew it LOL !! If this dress comes out okay, I'll want to make a few more just like it, except different pattern.

Nothing much is new, I finally got time and it was warm enuf yesterday to clean out my van...LORDY!!! was it ever a pig stye. I'm talking a huge heafty bag of garbage. I feel like a new woman today driving it HAAAAA!!! Now if my home was only that clean.

I didn't eat well yesterday... I started out w/good intentions but bam! screwed up.

How are you guys?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone!!!

I took today off and am enjoying sitting at home, surfing the computer in front of my lightbox. I'm very excited for the new one to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

I plan to exercise as soon as I'm done surfing - I'm going to do the 2 mile walk. The 3 mile was just too long (45 minutes for ADHD gets boring) and my legs were tired the whole day. So back to 2 miles.

I'm also vowing to finish a white cardigan hoodie sweater today. I've been done with most of it for about 4 months but haven't been motivated to finish it. Well, today is the day. I will post a picture of it when it's done. I really want to make (and finish and wear) a cherry blossom pink one that I bought the yarn for a couple months ago. But I have to finish what I started or I'd have tons of half finish items all through the house.

So Leenie, when I'm sewing my sweater together this afternoon, I will think of you sewing your DD's jumper. I know you can do it. I'm definitely an experienced seamstress (although I don't like sewing a whole lot so I do it only when I can't find what I want in the stores) and I bet others are too. Ask your questions here and we'll help you through till it all comes back to you.

Well, it's getting time to get walking. I've been sitting on my butt for the last hours - surfing and having breakfast.

Oh, and good news!!!! we got DSL on Friday and it's fabulous. We had DirecWay satellite and it was so slow. This is just absolutely speedy!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Marie !! I didn't know you were ADHD. I am too. I have so many craft / hobbies I want to do but I don't because I know I won't stick with it. I agree 45 minutes is a long time for folks like us.

Lucky you...staying home... I'm jealous

I keep forgetting to ask you although I think I did at one time. Did you make that stained glass in your avitar ? its beautiful !! I love stained glass.

I love my DSL too works wonderful for my brain
Old 01-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #4  
CIN

Hi Gals!
Hope everyone is well.I havent popped in for a while.
January and Weight Watchers go hand in hand so I have been working a lot of extra meetings!

The weather in Ky has been fairly mild so far..........we need a couple good snows! The kids love it...................me too.a chance for me to go sledding too! At my age it looks better if you are with children at the school......!

April.are you still working on the Core plan? Hope so! I love maintaining on the Core plan.I love NOT tracking after years of tracking! I eat more healthy that way too!

Hope everyone is doing well.................bb later this wek!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Cin, I love to sled. We used to go up the mountain behind our house and sled for abou 1.5 miles. DH would do the driving and drive us back up to the top. It was so much fun. But the man that plowed the road had a heart attack and no longer plows so it a drive at your own risk. Basically it's impossible to drive now. But it was the best time!!!!

Leenie, yes I made the stained glass. Sort of strange, the hummingbird avatar is probably one of my least favorite I've made. Basically I was too lazy to make a different picture small enough to fit on 3FC. But since you asked about it I decided to change it. The tulips are springy!

And yes, I'm ADHD. I was on Straterra until I went cold turkey withy all my meds in August. I think I would benefit from it again, but I really like being med-free. So I avoid the issue. Work is tough sometimes because I can't focus for long and I jump from one project to another. Makes completing things difficult.

Okay, back to my goal of knitting. I did finish the sleeve, so now I need to make the hood. Then the two facings. Then sew it together. I don't know if I will actually finish but at least I've b een working on it.

TTYL.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 01-23-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Cin, good to see you

Marie, that avitar picture is BEAUTIFUL !!!! WOWOWEEEEE just BEAUTIFUL!!!!