Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default A.Vogel Helix Slim, Anyone Tried It?

My mom recently bought the A.vogel line of products, their made from plants/flowers but they hurt her stomach so she couldn't take them so she gave it to me (alot of stuff hurts her stomach...) anyway she gave me the Helix Slim Plus pills, they are to help maintain steady blood sugar and metabolism and carbs, curbs appetite, supports healthy digestive system, made from jerusalem artichoke extract. I am supposed to take 1-2 pills 3 times a day (30 minutes before meals)

Also I got Kelpasan, which is an iodine supplement, which is for the thyroid, im supposed to take one of these a day before breakfast.

Also Molkosan, which is a liquid (concentrated lactofermentied whey and lactic acid, im supposed to put a tsp in with water and drink it 3 times a day with meals, this is supposed to promote effecient digestion and a healthy digestive tract.

Anyway has anyone tried these products? Their all natural and seem ok, so Im going to try them starting tomorrow. Paired with exercise and healthy eating of course, I know pills don't work magic on their own, Im just hoping it will jump start my weight loss and help give it a little boost.

Their website is www.avogelinstitute.com
Old 01-23-2006, 12:12 AM   #2  
it's always something

I've never heard of the company, so I can't comment on it. However, I did want to comment on the iodine supplement and hope you will check with your doctor before taking it.

We associate iodine with healthy thyroid function, and assume that this is beneficial to weight loss. You get all of the iodine you need from your everyday diet. What many people don't realize is that if your thyroid is normal, then taking extra iodine will not cause weight loss. However, it could actually cause a thyroid disorder. If your thyroid isn't normal, then it should be treated by a physician who can carefully monitor treatment.

According to WebMd, "But excess supplementation of iodine like with health-food supplements can lead to an accelerated hypothyroid state. Although it is true that the thyroid uses iodine to make thyroid hormone, in excess amounts you will shut down and scar your thyroid gland. This character of iodine excess is used as treatment for hyperthyroidism. In a hyperthyroid patient, to quickly make them hypothyroid, excess iodine is frequently used. "

Therefore, treating yourself with kelp or iodine supplements may have the opposite effect of what you hoped for!
Closed Thread