Old 01-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Default Can we talk Hemorrhoids?

I never knew what one was until I walked into my dads house and started crying because I thought something was seriously wrong with me. I told him 'the problem' and he starts laughing and tells me that I have hemorrhoids.

It's so disgusting. SOOOOOOOO disgusting! And painful.

anyone have any advice?? Does it go away or shrink or what, and how long does that take?? I've tried tucks and the cream for over a week now....

thanks for being brave and bold and responding to such a sensitive question (pardon the pun )

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Preparation H and keeping yourself cleaned out. They don't exactly go away, but they shrink. Take some fiber on a regular basis to keep yourself clean inside and they will become less of a problem after awhile. Most women who've had to push a baby out get them for awhile. There is a product called "Per Diem" that has psyllium in it. It will make you stay pretty regular and you can use it every day if needed.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

there is also a liquid fiber that has 5 grams of fiber in it where as any of the metamucil or tabs and such has only 3 this is a not absorbing base so it is free of carbs, will not add to you intake. it is basically tasteless I took it streight and did not have hardly a taste it can be added to literally anything.

found at drug stores only it is actually called liquid fiber. it is a company in rochester that makes it.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I've had them since I was pregnant with my youngest....and she's 11!!! Mine don't go away. And once in a while they bother me. Take some preparation H,,,smear it on a tucks pad...and put it against the hemorroid. I usually wear a pad when I do that (or a panty liner) as I leave it there. It helps take the pain/swelling/burning/etc away.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote