Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #1  

Default Since there are many Newbies this week, lets get this party goin!

Does anyone have weekly goals? Not for weight loss per say but for other things related to our ultimate goal, a healthier lifestyle?

Do you want to eat more veggies, do you want to be accurate when writing down your points, do you want to try a new recipe weekly, do you make sure you are weighting everything, adding exercise in weekly?

Just trying to keep us all motivated here. Getting started is hard enough but keeping with the program can be just as difficult for me.

Anyone have anything to add?

I'm personally looking for more ideas for breakfast, the worst time of day for me because I choose not to eat it! Working on changing that though!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #2  
If at first you don't...

My goal is to take my vitamin each day. It is the simpliest of the 8 good health guidelines but it has been the hardest one for me to follow everytime I've followed the WW plan!!! Grrr!

Louisette - breakfast used to be one of my problem areas mainly because 1) I didn't used to eat breakfast and 2) I get up so early that it's hard for me to find the time to fix breakfast. Now my plan includes a fruit, a dairy and either the instand oatmeal (which I can make at work) or a Western Bagel (1 point!). On the weekends I usually treat myself to a waffle w/ ff/sf syrup or if I really want to treat myself I make the No Bread French Toast. I've lost the bookmark for where I got the recipe, but I know it was at a blog that had Budda in the name (Lost in Budda?? Losing Budda??? something like that).

The No Bread French Toast Recipe

Egg 1
Egg whites 1/4 cup
Splenda to taste
Cinnamon to taste
light maple syrup.

Whisk egg, egg whites, Splenda & cinnamon in a bowl. Spray omelet pan with Pam. Flip it once it's pretty firm and then remove from heat. Sprinkle with a dusting of Splenda and add 2 tsp of light maple syrup.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #3  

Melissa,

Thanks for the breakfast ideas. Presently I've been resorting to dry cereal. I dont like milk so your suggestions are very welcome! I'll do a search for that blog as well!

Hope your day is great!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #4  

Hello All!!!
One of the newcomers here with a weekly goal. I want to get in at least three days of exercise this week. I know it should be more, but I never seem to find the time. For instance, today I won't be able to take walking breaks at work, I have to run home at lunch, which gives me just enough time to let the dogs out and eat and come back. When I go home I'll get there about 5:20. I have to have my son to taekwondo by 5:45. I'm going to try to do a walkaerobic's thing while waiting to pick him back up at 6:45, but that may be a problem with two, six month old dogs under my feet! I pick the boy up then have a meeting at 7 that will probably last until 9. Somewhere in there I need to try to get some dinner in and then it'll be time to take out the dogs and go to bed. This isn't a normal day...but you get the idea! So...I figure if I get in 3 days of something extra - I'll be doing good! Wish me luck!

We just came up with a new breakfast idea at home. We have some lowfat ham at home...3 slices is 60 cal and 1.5 grams of fat, making it 1 pt. We are going to use 1 slice (20 cal .5 gr fat - 0 pts) and with an egg and lite toast and 2% cheese have a 3 pt breakfast sandwich!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/298/250

I just got a new (borrowed) treadmill and in addition to my 3x's a week work out I am going to try to add 1 hour on the treadmill a day while my boys nap. Also increasing my water is a big one too, I am going to try and cut back to one diet soda a day and have the rest be water.

Good luck everyone!
Closed Thread