Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #1  

Default Did anyone hear a thud last night?

Yeh, that would have been me falling off the wagon. My mini-diet goal right now is to break the addiction of night-time eating. I'm just getting started on trying to lose weight again and I figured that was probably the first thing I needed to do. I had been doing so good. Seven nights straight of not eating after 7:00. Well last night I was so hungry!! We had one last mini box of Whitman's Sampler candies from Christmas. You know?? The ones that only have four pieces per box. Well as hard as I tried to stop myself, I had a piece last night. I was proud of myself in the fact that I stopped at one, but still felt/feel SOOOOOO guilty afterwards.

The rest of that box is in the trash now, so hopefully I can put last night's little 'oops' behind me and start over again tonight.

Ugh!! I was doing so well! *sigh* Ok, I'll be climbing back on the wagon now.

Thanks for listening!!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #2  

Good for you stopping at only one!! I don't have that kind of willpower (yet). We were at the store yesterday. Son wanted Skittles to fill up the little candy jar. Daughter wanted M&M's. Son won out. Why? I don't like Skittles!! I can resist anything - except temptation! 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning!
dial919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Did you read the nutritional info on the box. One chocolate isn't so bad. Just put a little more oomph in your walking today. A new day it is!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #4  

We went to a friend's house for dinner last night.... she made fettucini alfredo (yikes) with real cream (double yikes) I was able to control myself and only had 1/2 cup but man that was hard. I also had two glasses of wine an a ceasar AND desert....

Looks like today i'll have to make up for it- celeri sticks here I come!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #5  
Taking it day by day

Temptation is just unfortunately a way of life when you're dieting! But, it's not that you "cheat" it's how you handle yourself afterwards.

It seems that while you had a weak moment you won out on that situation. You stopped at just one! For me my problem in the past was that once I fell of that wagon I figured what's the point of getting back on? I'll just fall of again.

You have the right attitude. Get back on and work to redeem yourself going forward!

Good job to you for your ability to keep going! Good luck!
Tansey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #6  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I didn't hear a thud, because you never fell off the wagon. You had ONE candy in EIGHT night-times!! That is amazing. You should be posting this over in "success stories." So you had a treat! No problem, I hope you enjoyed it, and now you can continue your plan with no guilt. Congrats on how well you've done so far at following your plan.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #7  

Life is dull without a little chocolate. I build a chocolate every now and then into my plan. Completely eliminating foods that you love is unrealistic and potentially setting yourself up for disaster.

Looking at the title of your thread I was expecting a whole chicken, a bag of chips and a whole big box of Whitmans!!! Now that's falling off the wagon LOL (by the way we get Whitman's in Australia, but not England a great way of avoiding downfall foods - move countries!!!)

You've done really well, keep it up!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Can't Stop at Just One...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Did you read the nutritional info on the box. One chocolate isn't so bad. Just put a little more oomph in your walking today. A new day it is!

Who stops at one? Actually I buy the sugar free stovers stuff. I find some stuff in there I like and I am able to do that in moderation better than a real candy bar.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #9  

Thanks ya'll!! You guys are an awesome source of support!!!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #10  

All I hear is the screech of the wagon stopping for your to climb back on! Keep going. It's SO worth it.