Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #1  
Learning to love myself

Default so far, so good - swimming

I'm so shocked with myself - and how motivated I am go to swimming!!! I get kinda sad on the days I can't go swimming due to work, or money! I am going to go again this afternoon, but I think I might try out one of the swimming plans they have on this board by the pool - you do 500m or so, and i've been doing about 26 lengths each swim.. so i'd only be doing an extra 14 lengths... I know that I have to keep my heart rate up, and i'm thinking this would do it for me... rahter than stopping after each length lol...

All you other swimmers - what sort of distance do you swim each time you go?
emjayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #2  

I'm a bit of a plodder, I swim without stopping but I am quite slow. I change it up all the time. Sometimes I aim for 40 lengths, other days 64 (a mile). Somedays my aim is to keep changing my strokes, and do different combinations of front crawl (freestyle), breast stroke and back stroke.

This website has some great drills you can use

http://www.swim4fitness.com/

And four different levels so as you get better, you can make it harder.

I'm swimming tomorrow morning, and I can't wait, I go three times a week at the moment, but am hoping to change gyms soon where there is better pool availability.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote