Old 01-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #1  

Unhappy Help.. I am rewarding my weight loss with bad food!!!

Hi! I've been on LAWL since the middle of Oct. Had lost 22.8 lbs as at Jan. 12th, and was extremely excited to see that I had dropped another 2 lbs. However.... once I left the centre and went home.. it was like, ok... I don't have to weigh in until next Tuesday, so I'm gonna cheat. Well, one thing led to another, and it's now Jan 21st, and I've yet to go back and weigh in. I'm not drinking my water, or following the plan. According to my scale I'm up approx. 7 lbs. I have been overweight all my life (since I was 7), and have been to Weight Watchers many, many times. When I was a member there, I would get to about the 15 lb. mark, look in the mirror, say, hey.. you look good, and that was it. I never went back, went back to my old eating habits, and now it appears, I may be falling back into that trap again. Can anyone relate? Can anyone offer advice. I really appreciate any advice you can give me.
CCWCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Unfortunately this is a cycle Im sure we all have been through...its terrible to do this to ourselves You need to pick your butt up, go to the center and fess up and get back OP...once youre in the right direction and no more spiralling downward, you need to address the sabotage issues either with a friend or a counselor or find a self help book, maybe. This will follow you no matter what plan you do You need to want this more than anything and be willing to pick up and get back on...you can do it, you know you can If you were to trip on the sidewalk, youd get back up, right? You wouldnt lie there and get trampled. So love yourself enough to face the music, you will be glad you did. I AM SURE you will have lots of success...come here, the chicks are always here to chat
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #3  

I know how you feel!! I've been there myself. Almost like a self destruct button that keeps you from succeeding! I've even gone in that mode when people who know that I'm dieting say to me, "wow you look good" keep up the good work! That's probably why I only tell a select few people that I'm dieting, definitely not to those friends/family members who are diet police! You just got to get over it, start again and hopefully get back into the zone!
Rose21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #4  

Deetsmom is right. Do something about it. I can think of more ways to get u moving but I am not sure they are really healthy ways in all truth. I wouldn't use them unless I found no other way. Books, are good but maybe u just need to fess up to a counselor like deetsmom said. A friend is good if u are really close enough that they can keep on u a bit but not have to be nagging u about it. Ask urself if u really want to keep doing this all ur life, the up and downs. We all only have so long and getting in better shape can give us a bit more time, and would make some of us happier due to feeling healthier and being more active.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I just did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I did exactly what deets suggests...I did TO for 2 days, went to the center and fessed up, came on here and fessed up to the chicks and now I'm back on track. You can do it...you've come so far, don't give up now!!!!!!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Reading to Motivate

Try doing some research on healthy foods or go sit in a book store (they have more current stuff than libraries tend to have) and just read about it. I say this because it helps me get excited again. Get the motivation going. Feeling like I can do it. Better yet, make it a girls day and take another friend.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #7  

Just STOP where you are right now.....get back on plan....RIGHT now..try to count what you ate today and drink your water...no guilt..no butt beating....just get right back on and forgive yourself we all do it....but make it a slip and not a total relapse.......get on track TODAY
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #8  

Just wanted to make a suggestion - if you can, stop looking at LAWL as a diet for a few months, and shift your thinking to this is the way I can eat for the rest of my life. Eventually, as we enter maintainence we'll learn how to add in the the things that we haven't had for awhile, and learn what portions to substitute for it.

I've ridden the diet roller coaster most of my life, and I'm convinced that dieting is first a mind set -- it's a decision. I can't keep on eating the way I was and be a good weight! If I could, I wouldn't be here.

HOWEVER - we all slip up! to me, success is how long does it take to get back on track? (I celebrate successes with food, too -- and I know whatyou mean about playing that I don't have to WI for a few days, what can I eat game)

How much weight do you want to lose? Maybe you set your goal too low?
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote