Old 01-21-2006, 03:15 AM   #1  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Default fitday

I saw that fitday site and i love it, its really gonna help. I started yesterday and entered everything i put in my mouth yesterday and it said only 863 calories!!! I think i need to add more calories to my diet but my biggest problem is finding something to eat that adds more variety. I am so stinking picky when it comes to food and i think that is making it hard for me to diet. I eat alot of veggies but sometimes i just want something more solid to eat, i am a carboholic so i have been trying to watch my carb intake. Any suggestions on where to get some extra calories without going more into carbs? Maybe add some more protien somewhere?
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/247/130

Add more protein, such as almonds, cheese sticks, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese or lean meat.

Good luck to you!
LaurieM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #3  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

thanks for that...though the cheese sticks i need to stay away from, i tend to get addicted to those kind of like a bag of chips and i cant stop but i do think i can squeeze the other things in there. Gonna give it a try!
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

How about a protein powder shake/smoothie? I use either skim milk or ff carb countdown milk and a scoop of protein whey powder. Put it all in a blender and its frothy like a milkshake!! Low on carbs and high in protein so it fills you up. Just a thought. Good luck!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

tuna, no fat cottage cheese, fish, protein powder ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #6  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Milk or yogurt or those yogurt smoothies. I read somewhere that drinking 3 servings of milk a days helps with waist silmming during a diet.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Heathy Living Approach

Now that you are using fitday, look at your nutrient section. Look at what nutrients you are commonly missing. Find a website that has a listing of nutrient dense foods. Look at it and buy stuff from it each week. Keep a variety. I find it easy to munch on cherry tomatoes on a 5 min break or strawberries. Eat lean meat (you don't need a lot) for protein. That helps build body mass. When thinking of fruits and veggies, also think of the 5 colors: Red, Orange, Purple, Dark Green and Light Green. Fresh is best, frozen is next, and canned falls behind. Even with that in mind, do what works best for you. Once in a while try new things. If you don't like it, throw it away. This week I'm trying sweet potato baked fries. Who knows. Vary your drinks to include some healthy ones like v8, smoothies (homemade!), orange juice, green tea, milk/chocolate milk, etc. Have to watch the calories in these too. Definately WATER, WATER, WATER.

So far I have only met all of my nutrients with at least 100% on one occasion in the last 4 weeks. Most days I come close and a few days I'm way off the mark. That's the way it will be. Thinking nutrients though will bring your system up to par AND help you find ways to sneak more calories (but the right kind).
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #8  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaka
Milk or yogurt or those yogurt smoothies. I read somewhere that drinking 3 servings of milk a days helps with waist silmming during a diet.

Yeah I saw a commercial about the milk. And also its true about the yogurt...you can add the fat free yoplait yogurt to your diet and it states 3 servings can help you burn more fat....I love the yogurt I have at least 2 servings a day and one yogurt has 100 calories in it...
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote