South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:26 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Friday..............TG

Morning Chicks, It is time to get up and at it. My tanning bed came yesterday so now I must get an electrician to hook it up. If it cost too much i will wait until I get my building .
I am not doing well OP, since the week of new GD.
I am starting P1 Monday
Well I am going to try to put this room in some kind of order before I go to work so all for now,
Love Tazcat
Fix your thought on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine good things in others
philippians4:8 TLB
Old 01-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #2  

I am so happy it is Friday!
I am hoping to go to TGIFridays tonight and have there atkins Shrimp and veggies...delish! It is grilled shrimp with string beans it is soooo good. I tend to order a huge long island Ice tea though so I have to really try to get my mouth ready to say...wine, please ( sorry it will not spit out water on Fridays).

I may go to the gym first. I do not know if I lost weight this week. If not... I will not have any grains a few days a week. That is the only thing about P@ is that weight can stall. I need to see at least a pound off.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:19 AM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

Hola, chicas!

I'm still up doing homework, surprise surprise. I finished my lab and sent off my presubmission. Now I'm finishing my outline. I'd just reached the point of summing up Bowen's reaction series (igneous rocks), and I felt like I needed a breather.

I had planned to talk to DS's daycare lady yesterday about whether or not she might be able to take DS full time starting next quarter. However, before I could say a word, she told me that as soon as my DS's cousin turns 2 (6 weeks after DS's 2nd bday), she can start to take him full time. Yay! I was pretty happy about that - it makes me feel like I'm on the right track when obstacles just seem to smooth themselves out! Now if only I could get financial aid or a nice scholarship! Who knows? I think I'll ask her to start taking DS an extra day a week as soon as DN (dear niece) turns 2, as I'm planning on taking precalc and introductory chem next quarter, and the chem class is a hybrid - most of the work is online, but I have to go in one day a week, probably for labs.

DH's auntie is coming to dinner next week. She's a civil engineer, and she's going to fill me in on the day-to-day of working as a civil engineer (environmental engineering is a sort of a subset of civil engineering). I'm looking forward to it - I like her a lot, and it's always a pleasure to get together with her.

Have a good day, chickadees!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:20 AM   #4  
Who needs sleep?

chilichick - that's a relief! Imagine spitting out water at a crowded bar!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:23 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm a grump this morning after a night of bad dreams but I'm sure a coffee and dog cuddle will fix me up. Back in a bit.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:27 AM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Ruth -
Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Happy Happy Friday!!!

For a short week, it felt like a long one. That always happens. I feel fairly good about my eating habits this week but I still often crave sweet treats after each meal. I think that I might just be craving a smoke and it's translating to a craving for sweets. I usually try sugar free gum and it helps a little.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and finds some time to have a little fun and free time. We all need that.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
Just a quick "hi" before I go to Curves. I woke up feeling lousy and grumpy, too, Ruth. I don't feel like going to Curves, just want to go back to bed, but that's not happening. Maybe I'll feel better once I've exercised. I'll be back in a bit.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #9  

Missed out on the chat yesterday. Overslept (whoops) and then was late for work (double whoops)!

Have not been OP this week, but will get back on track Monday. Busy weekend ahead for me. Movie tonight (no popcorn for me, thanks), dinner and dancing tomorrow night with friends, and on Sunday I'm hoping to take my nephew to see "Hoodwinked".

Sounds like lots of people are having a bad morning. Hope everyone's day gets a little brighter!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #10  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Well chicks, there's good news and bad news.
Bad news is I bombed my math quiz. It was all my sister's fault. Really, I swear! I had to book it home to pick up kirby after class to take him to a dr appt she was supposed to take him to. I was rushing, and made mistakes.
I have a test tues, so I need : all around.
Good news.........MAMA IS COMING HOME TODAY!!!
Now that we are 'divorced', we are back where we ought to be.

Have MAJOR catching up to do in english this weekend, so wish me luck. Btwn mama coming, my BIL helping her unload, and my nieces being, I might not be sane by monday......

tazcat- yahoo on the bed....my white legs could use one of those

H-ko-Hope she gives you alot of good insight

Ruthie Bean-

Freaky-I'll pass.

Cottage-do some for me? I dont feel like it today. Kidding

Jana-oooooo! Let me know how was was.....
Old 01-20-2006, 08:08 AM   #11  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all,
Not much new here. Has anyone tried those new SB breakfast wraps? Just had the Denver one. Real good. I like quick and fast prep foods, then I don't have time to think about food and what I really want. Will try the american one tomorrow. The other two heard weren't as good as these two. I bought that new toaster that also poached an egg at the same time. LOVE that new toy. Make quick egg mcmuffins, but healther.
DH bought me an Elliptical last weekend. Can only do 500 steps right now. Will get better. Haven't been on it the last few days. Climbing the stairs has been my exercise. Will get on this morning when he wakes up.
Everyone have a great day. Off to do whatever.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back, and feeling a little better now. I heard that exercising can improve your mood, and it worked for me today. I just fixed myself a spinach & cheese omelet and some turkey bacon instead of joining my workout friends at Dunkin Donuts, so THAT'S a big plus on my side. I was just feeling pretty down since my scale hasn't been budging, and yesterday I pretty much blew it at lunch. I had a few "tastes" of Audrey's spagetti and helped Maggie eat her pizza, then ate a big chocolate chip cookie. I don't know why I did it, and I've been beating myself up over it ever since. But today is a new day and a fresh start, right?
Old 01-20-2006, 08:40 AM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well goodmorning ladies. The weather here has sabotaged my plan to go to Pilates last night. Or that is my story and I am sticking to it. I just learned how to drive when I was 22 and I am not really a great snow driver. So instead I went with DH to cover a wrestling match. I should have worked out when I got home as I do have a treadmill in my bedroom but I was soooo tired and due to this financial trouble I am in I have to get up reeeeeeaaaaaaallllly early to put some more hours in and I need my sleep and the ability to get up that early more than 15 wussy minutes on my treadmill.
So I almost had really great news to share. I was going to get to take photos for the paper at the Playoff Broncos vs. Steelers NFL game this Sunday. However did not get the request for credentials in on time so alas timeliness has killed that dream. It would have been soooo fun! Oh well there is always next year.
Well have to work 8 hours on my at home job, then have to shoot a basketball game tonight and get up bright and early to shoot a birdshow tomorrow so eating right will have to be my main goal today, I do not think I will have time to get a decent workout in.

chilichick - that must be a pain having to switch over their whole entire fan site. I used to love the rhcp back when I was in high school.

H-ko - doesn't it always seem like things are meant to be when they just start taking a turn in the right direction with very little effort. Good things are supposed to come in threes, so far you have had success on the SBD, success with DS daycare...why not throw in a scholarship while fate is at it lol!

Ruth - cawwwffffeeeeee should definitely do the trick, mine is a brewin right now!

freaky - thank you for what you wrote. It is nice to know that I am not alone in going through this and I do not have to hang my head around here for postponing. I still need to see that haircut chickadee I am dying with anticipation. HAPPPPPPPYYYY BIIIRRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY!!!! Or belated birthday as it was yesterday right? ENjoy your time with your friends.

cottage - you really are such an inspiration. Especially with how good you have been doing about getting to curves often I think I would have been tempted to take the morning off

wenchy - bad tests happen to good people I know you can turn it around from your posts I can tell you are pretty motivated

chipper - ooooh I remember when I first started with the eliptical. It was back in college and it was sooooo hard. I remember thinking that if I could just get the hang of this machine it could be my new weightloss secret lol. So at first I could only do 5 minutes but now I do 45 minutes on the highest incline and level 5 (which is a workout let me tell you) I lost about 15 lbs just doing the eliptical...and mind you I was in college eating the buffet style dorm food. I think you will love it. Plus I mean you can make it as easy or as hard as you want...there is also just something about watching tv while you workout!

Thank you ladies for all your kind words, I will definitely stick around, heck I love it here
Old 01-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Morning all!
Had a pretty good day yesterday but weighed myself this morning and was UP 4 lbs! YIKES!! I think my day off of eating Greek salad & pizza and that bit of wine caught up with me. Hopefully if I stick with it until my next weigh-in day (which is Monday) I'll see some improvement.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

ROFLOLPIMP! My bath was running as I did my post so I crawled into it for a soak. Lucy sat and watched and then joined me! What a riot! She has never done that before or even had a bath in that tub. It was a bit crowded but she's nice and clean and I've now showered to remove dog fur!
No, I was NOT wearing my glasses!
Romano just pulled into the lane with his truck. Gotta go!
Closed Thread