Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-17-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default Ouch, did I over do it?

I have been doing a circuit training routine (fat burning and sculpting) for the last 8 months and last week I went from 5 pound weights to 10 pound weights. The first work out with the weight increase went fine but I think I might have hurt myself after sunday's workout. I did not experience any pain during the workout itself but I woke up Monday morning with pain in my right shoulder (near the front shoulder socket). It really hurts if I try to lift my arm above my head.

At first I thought it might have been that I slept on it wrong since I didn't experience any pain during the workout. After a day of taking Ibuprofen, rest and Icy Hot last night the pain is the same. I am scheduled to workout today and am not sure how to proceed.

Any advice???

Nilla
NillaWafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #2  

I would skip the shoulder work until it feels better (no OHP, bench, delt raisesetc). If it persists consult a physician.

How you sleep on it could affect it as well; I used to have persistant pain in my left shoulder that would wake me up in the night when i rolled over on it, as the result of an old rotator cuff injury. When I started lifting again the problem went away, presumably from tightening up and strengthening my rotators. Now my shoulders feel great and I am pressing heavier then ever.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #3  

Thanks Robert!

There is a lot of arm work (kickbacks, miltary & swimmer's press, backscratchers) in my routine so I will go a bit lighter on the weights and see what doesn't hurt. Hopefully I can get back to my normal routine next week.

Nilla
NillaWafer is offline   Reply With Quote