Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at Home 1/16 - 1/22

Starting the new thread. I'll be back later today.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:33 AM   #2  

Good morning, everyone! I just have a couple of minutes before starting work - I'll have to check last week's thread a little later (2nd grade clas this morning). I had a good weekend; I did well at the Asian restaurant on Saturday even though I couldn't resist having some red bean ice cream (but counted the points). My hip was feeling a lot better yesterday - I think it was because, having TOM for the last few days, I was taking Ibufrofen fairly regularly for cramps. I decided to try a little Ibuprofen for the next few days and see if the anti-inflammatory helps the hip heal a bit.

Time to go - I'll try to check in later.
Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #3  

Woohoo. Lost 2kg (4.4lbs) this past week. Much more than I expected.

Tracy~ Glad the shakes are going well. It will definitely take a while for you to start feeling better but keep it up - it will be so worth it in the end. What are the Green Tea supplements? Are they in tablet form? I drink quite a bit of green tea with raspberry. Yum!! Sorry to hear about the migraine yesterday. I used to get them a lot as a teenager - not fun!! Sorry you've had ailing kids at home - aren't boys just the worst with aches and pains. It's like the end of the world. All 4 of mine are like that, LOL.

Judy~ I'm glad you've had a bit of relief with your hip. Hope the Ibuprofen helps. WTG doing so well as the restaurant. I'm not looking forward to having to go out to eat as I'm not sure yet how I'd handle it. I need an eating out guide to get me through, LOL. Have a great day, hope your class are all angels for you.

Off to have a shower and get dressed. TTYL.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  
OP Chick

Default Old Newbie

Hi everyone -- I'm an old "newbie" -- I used to be really active several years ago -- I lost lots and then . . well, regained all of it -- but I've now been OP for 2 weeks and I'm hoping that I can use this space for some support.

I did a great job this past week -- 2.5 lbs down! So I'm pleased that my efforts are showing something so far . . .
Old 01-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219.8/149.7/135

Height: 5'4

I just finished my 1st week of WW at home and lost 5 pounds. Keeping to the program was a lot easier than I thought. So far this week, everything's peachy.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfern
Woohoo. Lost 2kg (4.4lbs) this past week. Much more than I expected.
Congratulations! That is awesome news! It is always great news to see you lost more then you thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfern
Tracy~ Glad the shakes are going well. It will definitely take a while for you to start feeling better but keep it up - it will be so worth it in the end. What are the Green Tea supplements? Are they in tablet form? I drink quite a bit of green tea with raspberry. Yum!! Sorry to hear about the migraine yesterday. I used to get them a lot as a teenager - not fun!! Sorry you've had ailing kids at home - aren't boys just the worst with aches and pains. It's like the end of the world. All 4 of mine are like that, LOL.
I am glad you seen my last post! I was hoping you would... if not I would have copy and pasted it here.

How long do you think it will take till I feel more energy and stuff from the vitamins and shakes? I have taken the vitamins religously (sp?) since Sunday. So it has only been a couple of days. My mom said she felt more energetic the first day! I know everyone is different. But it could also be moving slow because of the flu bug working its way through my house.

The green tea supplement is a pill. It is Kroger brand so it is only 1 pill a day. The other (real costly brands) brands have you taking 2 pills a day! It tastes like tea! I was told that is a great metabolism booster and it also helps you feel better and stuff too.

Added.... I forgot to reply to some of the things you mentioned. Lol... Boys cannot handle the pain women have to go through ahha. They act like King Kong till something happens then it is baby me type of thing lol. I have 1 boy and 2 girls... I am not sure who is worse lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: I do not believe (if others should see this) in sold called magic weight loss pills! I feel they are unhealthy and not safe for anyone to take. The items mentioned above are regular vitamins. I just wanted to point this out because I don't want to make someone think that these "magic diet pills" (a big unhealthy gimmick!) has anything to do with what I am doing!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #7  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Remained the same this week - which I am thankful for because even though I journaled everything (and was still within my points range) I did not have the best eating week. I am trying to make it better this week

I did work out the past four days though. Training for a half marathon at the end of February - wish me luck!

I started a new position at work and I think I was a little nervous about that...hence my 'tortilla-eating festival' - lol

Hubby and I ate Italian food Saturday night (If anyone is familiar with Johnny Carino's they are having a two can dine for $19.99 - each person gets salad or soup, entree, and then you share a dessert. It was very good). I ordered the chicken diavolo (sp?) b/c it looked like the fewest points and then I only ate half of it. - go me!

Hope everyone is off to a great week!

Tracy: Keep doing what you're doing. Let us know how you like the vitamins
Judy: Hope you're feeling better soon. What is red bean ice cream?
Tanya: Great job on the weightloss! Keep it up!
Julia: Welcome! Glad to see you're off to a great start!
Leia: Awesome job - I'm sure you will have another awesome week
Old 01-18-2006, 12:19 AM   #8  

Tracy ~ It may take even a couple of weeks if not more as you've obviously been running on empty for a while so you may need to get your stores back up. I would say once you get into the 3 meals and 3 snacks a day routine you'll start feeling it even more. It's great to know Green Tea is a metabolism booster. I'll have to make sure I have a few more cups a day. Perhaps an intravenous drip might be the ticket, LOL.

My boys are the worst drama queens you could imagine. Hollywood here they come. People have laughed at how dramatic they are and sometimes it can be downright embarrassing LOL.

Leia ~ WTG on the 5lb loss. Doesn't it feel great?

Julia ~ Welcome. WTG on the 2.5lb loss. We've been having some great losses here this week.

Emily ~ Don't forget you will have plateaus - especially since you're so near goal. WTG on the workouts. GL for your half marathon. I'm looking forward to building myself up to run. My joints get a bit sore, especially when increasing intensity in exercise so I need to work up really gradually. Usually even a walk hurts for the first few times after a break. Mmmmm, Italian. I'm salivating now.

Off to make dinner now. Had Subway for lunch - vege delite with sweet onion dressing. So scrumptious and only 4 points.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all...sorry I haven't been here - my PC crashed at the end of last week. It's back up and running now, but I'm much more productive at home without it, so I'm going to pack it and won't be back on line until I get my new ISP after we've moved. I'll see you all in early February once I'm settled into the new place. Hugs to all.

Karen
Old 01-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #10  

I feel good.. na na na na na na na lol. Trying to sing here lool. You can probably hear dogs howling thoug hahaha.

Ok well, I don't feel 100% good. But I feel better then before! And I ate breakfast this morning!!! Yes, I actually ate breakfast this morning!! I have not done that in years! But I was hungry haha. I had 2 pc. wheat toast and 1½ eggs. I made 3 eggs but ummm, well.. I put to much salt on it (I am not used to all of that salt anymore) so I only ate less then half of the eggs. But I counted half of them in my points just to be safe.

Yesterday I did take my daily vitamin, green tea supplement, and 1 can of the shake. But I also ate lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks!!! Which is like tripple the food I would normally eat! I missed breakfast. But I am making progress! Baby steps will lead me to success!

Yesterday I counted my points and my calories. Yeah it is confusing... but I just wanted to check it out. I don't get it haha. If I did it right I only ate 15 points but it was 1464 calories. Which I guess could be right. Who knows lol. I did have salami for lunch on my sandwich yesterday... and left that with a "?" for points because I was not sure what it would be. I got the salami from the deli so no telling if it is cotto, dry, hard, beef or whatever else they said online haha.

Does anyone here use powdered coffee creamer? If so, do you count that is 0 points or does it add up to something? I have always counted that as zero points. I just thought I would check that out. I always count splenda as zero points... but that is a 0 calorie sweetener anyway. And I count my coffee (as black and add the added stuff seperately) as 0 points as well. Sometimes this can get confusing! Lol.

Silverfern ~ Yes I think that too. My body is probably in shock! It will probably take it some time to catch up with all of the good changes I am making here. My mom has heard alot about tea's being good for weight loss. So I am hoping it helps like she has heard lol. We shall see!

Boys can be pretty big babies haha. Great actors I think!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:58 AM   #11  

Just thought I would mention/ask something to you guys. I am new to this group... so I may be off beat here, but it never hurts to share ideas and ask about them.

Have you guys ever thought of keeping the same board for a full month instead of weekly? I thought maybe that would be easier to keep WW members in contact.

Just thought I would mention it. Not a big deal.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #12  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Exclamation

Gained 6 pounds.

I'm in the process of moving so with all that entails, being online is low on the list, let alone journaling (which I do online). I can't write in longhand except to sign my name and have held off getting physical therapy for my hands because of moving.

I figure I'm gonna have to make better choices based on what I learned. Drinking water is not a problem for me since I often drink more than the allotted 6-8 glasses. Once I get all moved in and settled, it's nose to the grindstone. Plus where I'm moving is a great place for walking-- no huge hills and a state park in easy reach. I might consider meetings even (the Leader In Denial who drove me nuts doesn't have classes out there).
Old 01-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #13  

Tracy ~ It's so great to hear you're feeling so much better. Great progress - you'll be up to the right number of points per day in no time. I'd tend to forget the calorie counting and just stick with points 20 points varies quite a bit in the number of calories depending on the food you've eaten (since saturated fat is also factored into the equation), but it would all even out over a week. Sounds like you're going to have a great day, feeling so good. Can you pass some of that along to me, LOL?

Karen ~ See you in February - hope the move goes smoothly.

Moon ~ Sorry about the 6lbs - I'm sure those will come off in no time once you're settled. Hope your move goes smoothly. I had a dream last night that we moved to New York!! and we were living in a very shabby and little upstairs apartment. But the views were great, LOL.

I'm taking the boys to see Chicken Little today. Better go as DS is calling me.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #14  

Tanya – WTG on that great loss! One thing that helps me a lot with eating out is trying to get the menu beforehand so I can identify good choices. I can almost always get the menu, either online or asking them to fax me one.

Julia – Welcome back! Congratulations on that great loss!

Leia – Welcome and congratulations on a great first week!

Tracy – I don’t know how long it will take until you feel a difference – everyone is different and how you feel can depend on so many things. Just keep doing good things for yourself! Good for you for eating breakfast! I can’t help you with the powdered coffee creamer – what does it say on the nutrition label? As for the salami, I would look up what it says online – in the worst case, you’d probably just be off by a couple of points. No, ideas certainly don’t hurt and thanks for sharing. I like the weekly thread because otherwise, it gets to be too unwieldy with pages and pages of posts to go through.

Emily – A maintain is a victory in my book especially when I don’t have the best eating week. WTG on working out the past 4 days! Wow, a half marathon? I did a 5K once but running isn’t my favorite cardio. Fabulous job eating out! Red bean ice cream is an Asian (or maybe Chinese) ice cream – there are red beans in it – and I love and don’t get a chance to have it often – which is good because it IS ice cream!

Karen – sorry to hear about your PC but glad to hear it’s back up and running. Good luck with the move – I’ll look forward to hearing how things went and how you are settling in to your new life! {{{{HUGS}}} back!

Moon Jaguar – Sorry about the gain – hey, moving is stressful so just do the best you can. It sounds like you have great plans for healthy living in your new digs.

I did some yoga yesterday which was good because my hip was a little sore. I didn’t do so well eating wise yesterday. I went to Trader Joe’s on Monday and almost didn’t pick up some snacks but I gave in. When I got home, I put them in the back of a cabinet and almost forgot about them. Tony asked if I bought any snacks at TJ’s and , well, out they came. Oh well, I counted them and while I don’t have a lot of weekly points left, I should be OK. I’m going up to grad school after work to get all the paperwork for my teaching certification squared away so I think I’ll make this a “just a quick stretch” day.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #15  

Judy ~ that's a great idea. I'll remember that when I need to eat out in future. WTG on the yoga. When you refer to weekly points - is that part of the Flex plan? How does that work? Flex doesn't seem to be available in NZ. Good luck with getting all your paperwork done.
Closed Thread