Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #1  

Default Your favorite low cal dressing?

Just wondering what your guys favorite low cal salad dressing is? I have tried a fat free vinaigrette from some offbrand, had like 5 cals a serving.. I have no idea what the heck it was, but sure bad.

Is there any really low cal dressings that are actually good?

I know I can use high cal dressings and just use them sparingly, but still would like the lowest I can use.

Thanks
Mentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Since low fat dressings are usually loaded with corn syrup, I began using the Light Done Right about a year and a half ago. They are 60 calories for 2 T. My favorite is Catalina, but I like several of them.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #3  

I just bought the Light Done Right Catalina - it's not too bad. I mixed regular and the Lite for a salad last night. I'm having a hard time learning to like that sort of stuff. I'm interested to hear what other brands people like too...

Jane: I like your sig.

Tammy
TammyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 AM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Newman's Own - my favorites are "raspberry walnut" and "balsamic vinaigrette"...the balsamic is lower calorie - but I don't use that much when I toss the salad in a 3 cup covered container. A tablespoon or 2 goes a longer way this way for me.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #5  

I like Hidden Valley's French with Honey and Bacon. Honestly, I can't taste a difference in regulars and low cals.

I don't like the Sour Cream and Onion Ranch!
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Maple Grove Farms makes a fat-free poppyseed dressing that is pretty good. It isn't as sweet as the Kraft poppyseed dressing (10 grams of fat per serving), but it isn't bad. I keep forgetting to try adding Splenda to a serving to see if that makes it taste more like the real deal. (I usually think of this after I've put the dressing on my salad - although I suppose I could put Splenda on it then too...) LOL I prefer the Hidden Valley fat free ranch dressing over Kraft's version.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #7  
Running Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat
Newman's Own - my favorites are "raspberry walnut" and "balsamic vinaigrette"...the balsamic is lower calorie - but I don't use that much when I toss the salad in a 3 cup covered container. A tablespoon or 2 goes a longer way this way for me.
AGREED. THE BEST.STUFF.EVER.
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #8  

I use any 50 calorie french dressing. I am liking the Hidden Valley Honey Bacon French... I put it on turkey sandwiches, too.
grapecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #9  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I like my fat free italian dressing....its 40 cals per serving...which one serving is enough for a salad
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #10  

I just found the BEST fat free poppy seed dressing! Get this, I found it at the Dollar Store! I figured it was worth the dollar just to see if I liked it. It tastes just like the Kraft regular poppy seed dressing.

I did a search just now and found it online. I don't know why it's at a dollar store in Minnesota, but WOO-HOO! I'm headed back there tonight after work to buy the rest of the bottles. (Stock up on it since they probably don't normally carry a supply.)

http://www.rosmarinofoods.com/poppyseed1.html

YAY!

Kimberly
Old 01-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #11  

Hi, Oh Man, I LOVE Hidden Valley, Ranch with Bacon. (Fat Free, 50 cals per two Tbsp.) It's really bacon-y. Yum.
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:35 AM   #12  
My Happy Place

Right now I'm using a generic brand- Aldi's Fit and Active brand light Italian. It's only 40 calories per 2 tbsp. I prefer vinagrettes as opposed to the thicker type Italian dressings like this one, but it's not too bad. It's flavorful anyway, and really low on the cals.
DoingItForMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #13  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I got some Kraft Free Zesty Italian and I like it. 15 calories per 2 Tablespoons and 0 fat.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #14  

I'll have to try the fat-free Ranch with bacon dressing! I was just at our little grocery store and they didn't carry it. (It's really small.) Maybe my husband can check some time this week for me in Fargo. By the way, he's a BIG fan of that fat-free Zesty Italian dressing. I'm just happy that he's okay with eating low-fat or fat-free stuff. My dad hates anything with the name fat-free or reduced-fat - without even trying it. However if he doesn't know, he usually likes it. I made him a chocolate pudding pie (fat-free pudding, reduced fat graham cracker crust, nonfat whipped cream) and didn't tell him until after he was raving about it. Ha!

Kimberly
Old 01-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Most of the Light Done Rights are OK by me. Lately, I've been putting my tuna or cottage cheese on my salads occassionally and that's good too.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote