Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #1  

Cool Thread starting Sun. Jan. 15, 2006

So I've been on Core since last Thursday. It is working out well; I just hope I don't burn out on oatmeal. Definitely time to buy other hot cereals. I don't want to get any with Splenda, and I don't generally want to use my points eating bread or Eng. muffin with breakfast.

My highlight of last week was going to a combined karate/boxing class at my Y. It was nothing like my usual kickboxing--the instructor (male) was a former middleweight boxer--obviously a much different style than a peppy aerobics instructor! I absolutely loved the class, and was relieved my tired legs could get out of bed and down the stairs the next day. Then I slipped on our staircase yesterday afternoon b.c. DS had left his sleeping bag at the bottom of the staircase. I have a huge bruise on my tush and it's really swollen. Better my butt than my knee, that's for sure.

It's snowing here--my new replacement windows are keeping us warm! Hooray.

Be well everyone...
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  

I'm glad core is going well for you, Elana. I'm not so sure that I could do core, mostly because I'm not a very good cook!! I'd probably use up all my points with my daily Mountain Dew too!! It sounds like you are doing well, though!

That kickboxing class sounds very, very cool. I would absolutely love it!! I was in TaekwonDo when I was younger (got up to a brown belt, which is right before black), but I had to quit because of the time conflict with high school sports. I would love to do a boxing-type workout!!

No snow here--we're actually expecting record highs of around 50 degrees! yeah!

DH and I joined the rec at the university that I work at. It is overflowing with college students, but if you pick the right times, it's great! I went last night (Saturday) around 8:00, and it was practically empty. They have two indoor tracks...one is 5.5 laps to a mile and the other is 4 laps to a mile, tons of b-ball courts, weights, cardio machines, raquetball courts, and a climbing wall. All for $52 for the semester.

Have a good week, everybody!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #3  

Smile

Hi Elana! Hi Steph!
Elana - I hear core is the way to go these days! Glad to hear it is going well for you. At our meetings I'd say the room is pretty much split. 1/2 Core - 1/2 Flex. Keep me posted. I'm thinking about trying it. The rec at the University sounds cool. And GOOD price! Wow!

Oh, and yes.......kickboxing sounds so cool too!

Have a good day ladies.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:20 AM   #4  

Good Morning all!!!

It seems we all caught a stomach bug over the weekend so I am taking it easy today. I did so so over the weekend on my eating and did 0 exercise. I need to get back into my exercise. Yesterday I had a fight with DH and if we had been home instead of in the car I would have gone on a walk, but I didn't eat so that's an up right?

The fight of course was over kitchen chairs. Still didn't buy any.

Anyway.... Elana, sounds like core is going well for you! Your class sounds very good. I wish we had a place to workout around here.

I think joinging the rec at the college is great Steph!!!! You'll get plenty of opportunities to get ready for that run now!

Well my half sister is expecting this summer and I am making her baby a blanket. I hit the half way point last night, so I am off to crochet until the kids get up. Have a great day!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #5  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking Yippee

Hello fellow chicks! I just got back from the grocery store, it was a major trip! I took Byron with and he was so good! ( he's 5) I did a few weeks of meal plans this morning, took my list and points finder and spent a lot of money! Now I just have to finish putting it all away! Argh.
I do find things much easier when I am well planned and well stocked.
Lori doesn't know it yet, but we are going to work out everyday this week. I am so pumped up!
Congrats to all of you on your sucesses this past week. I will now be a regular on this board once again.
By the way-has anyone heard from Maggieshines???

Okay, now everybody drink your water and do the potty dance with me!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #6  

Whoo Hoo I lost four pounds this week only two more down and I will have lost the ten I put on for the holidays lol one step forward two back and now one half step hee hee glad to see posting again!

Yeah for core! I will try that next plateau.

How wonderful of you to have the University gym great perk for living in University town!

Way to go planning ahead and buying good foods and committing to exercise.

We are getting off to a good start!

Sorry about the fight Misty proud of you for not using it as an excuse to feed the face! Progress see baby steps and Progress my sistas
Old 01-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #7  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Thumbs up keeping myself on track

Okay- I see that you guys don't really post your daily food, but it helps me stay true-so bear with me!
Here is my food for tomorrow!

Pre-workout breakfast:
Light english muffin 1p
PB 2p
1 c light OJ 2p

after workout breakfast LOL:
cereal 2p
1% milk 2p

LC pizza-yum! 8p
lettuce zero
ff dressing 2p
black cherry diet rite zero

carrots zero
ff ranch 1p

granola bar 2p

Lloyds BBQ shredded pork 2p
wheat bun 1p
potato wedges 2p
baked beans 2p
1% milk 2p

pink lady apple 1p
ff caramel dip 2p

total 34 points( I do the wendie plan while doing flex)
Old 01-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #8  

Hi all!

LUFLIC!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa-Great job on the shopping. I agree that shopping and planning ahead are super helpful. It is hard to take time out of our busy days to do it, but I think it does help. Feel free to post your menus/meal plans. I should do it too, but I am lucky I remember to write it down in my tracker. I think that it is a great tool as well though. So bring them on, your food look so yummy I may steal some ideas

I am expecting a gain this week. It's TOM, so I'm ok with that. I know my ahrd work will show next week. Have a fabulous night ladies!!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #9  

I agree--it's so much easier when we're able to plan ahead with food and stuff. And Lisa, no worries about posting your food. I think it's great!

I lost a pound tonight. I worked really hard this past week, and I would have been very disappointed had I not lost!!

Misty, i hope you and your family are feeling better!!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #10  

luflic..........4# WTG!!!!!! I guess core really rocks!

I haven't weighed in. I will tomorrow. I don't think I will see any change either up or down! I did commit with a friend to start walking 3 or 4 nights a week starting tomorrow night. Usually when you add some activity you start to lose. RIGHT?!?!!?!!?!? LOL!

Lisa - Yey! I think your posts are awesome! I love seeing/reading all the info.

Misty - sorry about those kitchen chairs. That sucks! Men! Blah! lol!
And definately a gain when "tom" is here is very normal. Don't even look at the scale this week!

Have a nice day!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #11  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Default woohoo

Lori and I just got back from working out! I always forget how good it makes me feel! I'm already done with my first liter of water for today, so I am sure the potty dance will be kicking in any minute!

Elana-Good for you doing core, I'll be lloking to you for ideas when I decide to go that route!

iowasteph2-Very cool about the gym memebership. I'm able to work out at MSU for free since I am a student, but I have not gotton up the nerve yet! Soon, very very soon. Way to go on your pound loss- you're a loser!

luflic- 4 pounds?! You go girl!

MistySeptember-I never realized how much I missed hearing about your days! You are so busy! Sorry about tom- I don't have those anymore since they took my uterus-but I know how you feel! Now I just have the hot flashes to deal with!

MeRam2-Nice job committing to walk with a friend. Working out DOES make a difference, I just need to keep up with it!
Have a great day girls-see you later today I'm sure! School starts again today!
Lisa
Old 01-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #12  

Lisa, you're so insanely positive--I'm so glad you're back. You better not be leaving us anytime soon, girl!!!

I can't remember if I posted this, or if I was just thinking this, but I get a little nervous working out at the rec center on campus. It's better with my husband there, but I feel like everyone is 18 years old, tiny, and pretty. I feel like a blob. I told my husband that, and he seems to be oblivious to all the little girls!! He can't believe that I'm concerned about it. I guess I need to get over this insecurity!!

MeRam2, how did you come up with your "name?" I agree, walking will help drastically. Good for you!!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #13  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

What's even more fun is squeezing myself into the desks at school. I'm always sitting next to an 18 years old skinny mini sitting in her desk with her knees up to her chest! ARGH! I totally understand the BLOB feeling.
Not for long!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #14  

Won't it be great when we aren't the blob anymore! That is why we are here! So glad everyone is back on plan and back to posting. It helps to just know others out there want to have your back! It is so nice to know we are not alone. Thanks for all the atta girls I need them. I have noticed I am a needy woman have any of you noticed that about yourself? I need compliments or strokes because I am doing well keep me motivated. Thanks my sistas
Old 01-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #15  

OMG! I'm so bored today at work!! I'm going to lose my mind. Only 38 more minutes!! I can do it!!!

LUflic, I know exactly what you mean. If I didn't have my husband and you girls, I wouldn't really know that my weight loss was for real. It seems surreal to me. I need the constant encouragement also.
Closed Thread