Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default Trying again (multi-posted)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all!

I signed up to be a member of this site eons ago (or at least it feels that long), so I doubt any of you will remember me. I'm Kim and I have been overweight since I was 10 years old. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been which depresses me beyond belief. I have a little boy named Austin. He's two and a half. I really want to lose weight not only for myself but for him. I want to be able to play with him. And I don't want him to be ashamed of his mom when it's time for him to start school. My only problem is I have a self defeated attitude. I have tried so many diet plans in the past and haven't stuck to any of them, that whether I want to believe this or not I end up telling myself, "why start anything? you'll never stick to it anyway!" I have really good intentions, but just no follow through. I feel like a kid in a grown-up's costume. I have NO self-discipline.

Do you think there's any hope for me?

If you've read this far, thanks for listening!!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome back Kim !!

Yes my dear, there is ALWAYS HOPE !!!

Most if not all of us feel the same way you do, so know your not alone in your struggles or pain.

Coming here for support and friendship is the best start anyone could hope for. The ladies here (and gents) are the best. I mean who else would/could understand than some one going thru exactly what you are.

Now that your here, do you have a plan? Using fitday.com to count your daily caloires is a great way to start, it will tell you exactly what you'll need to do. Then finding something that works for you...meaning a plan. Some folks like weight watchers, some south beach and some like good old fashion calorie counting. Do something you can live with for life, something that will keep you healthy. And then there's exercise... yeah I know !!! I'm trying to find something I can enjoy and not find a chore.

Hope to see you on the daily thread, weather its here or some where else on 3FC's... Find a comfortable spot for you and enjoy your journey.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote