Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default Trying again (multi-posted)

Hi all!

I signed up to be a member of this site eons ago (or at least it feels that long), so I doubt any of you will remember me. I'm Kim and I have been overweight since I was 10 years old. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been which depresses me beyond belief. I have a little boy named Austin. He's two and a half. I really want to lose weight not only for myself but for him. I want to be able to play with him. And I don't want him to be ashamed of his mom when it's time for him to start school. My only problem is I have a self defeated attitude. I have tried so many diet plans in the past and haven't stuck to any of them, that whether I want to believe this or not I end up telling myself, "why start anything? you'll never stick to it anyway!" I have really good intentions, but just no follow through. I feel like a kid in a grown-up's costume. I have NO self-discipline.

Do you think there's any hope for me?

If you've read this far, thanks for listening!!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

There is always hope!! Just take it a day at a time. When you look at how far you want to go it will seem daunting but if you take it a day at a time or 10 lbs at a time it's much more achieveable. My HW was 254 so I know where you're coming from. Best of luck to you!
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #3  
Dede

Hi Kim~

Of course there's hope for you! There's hope for us all. Hang in there and use your resources such as this forum. GOOD LUCK!!
dberdine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I just have to say the you have a very good reason to lose the wieght Auston is a very cute boy!!!!!!!!! He looks like a doll ....I know you love him and you will do this for him just keep thinking about much fun the two of you will have playing

Have a great day and give Auston a kiss for me...

Stay with it I know you can for Auston
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5"4

Kim,
Yes there is hope, you have made a good start by coming back here! There is so much support to give and receive here. Take one day at a time, you'll make it!
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2LibnAustin
"why start anything? you'll never stick to it anyway!"

Do you think there's any hope for me?

Kim -- Six months ago (or seven now) I said the EXACT SAME THING. I don't know if I will be here six months from now, or six years from now, but I am doing everything in my power to prioritize this new lifestyle. So, there better be hope for people like us who say that!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote