South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - January 13

Hey! It's that "special" day. Try to stay out of trouble, OK?

Schatzi is absolutely nuts! I sure hope Romano's wife doesn't read this board or she'll be stalking me. Too funny! Seriously though, he is a very nice man and has an excellent reputation. Too bad he's built like a fireplug.

The Girls are home and settled into their lazy doggage routine. I'm glad I put them in the kennel for a bit but it certainly was strange/lonely without them.
So far Lucy has managed to stay out of trouble.

Today is going to be an "at home" day again. Having these guys here sort of cramps my style as I worry about the dogs getting out if I'm not here. I am going to vote in the advance poll this afternoon and will just take them with me. Candice comes to clean this morning which will keep them amused. They adore her and follow her around as she cleans.

Coffee is badly needed. I'll be back.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #2  

Good morning Ruth! I just came in to update my exercise post. It sounds like an active day you have planned. I hope it is a good one!

I ate poorly last night. I did well all day and just lost my mind. At least I exercised last night. It was my favorite instructor. I like her style and music. I have recently figured out the name of the instructor that I don't like so I can avoid the class when she teaches. I just don't enjoy that one. The one last night, I just love though.

Well, I have got to get a move on or I will never make it to work on time.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

What on earth does a fireplug look like???? Ooooh hang on, are we talking about a fire hydrant..... them short stubby things on the streets in the States? Do they call them fireplugs in Canada?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #4  

Good morning, fellow babes. I'm hoping to get in on more of these morning chats. What a great way to start of the day! I stepped on the scale and I'm down another 3 pounds this week. I got so excited, I just had to log on and update my signature. As an added bonus, I decided to try on a smaller size and it FIT!

Time to head in to work. Everyone have a great Friday!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Beach Chicks!!!

Hurray for Friday. Day 11 on Phase 1 for me today. I went slightly crazy yesterday...okay...I didn't have a bagel or anything like that - Yum Yum - but I did have two extra tablespoons of natural peanut butter and... I ate them right off the spoon!!! Thank Goodness the scale moved today or I might have just finished the rest of the jar before work.

Now I feel a bit more motivation to continue. I have found that I continue to crave all the bad foods no matter how well I eat or how strict I am with this plan. I wonder If I will always feel deprived in that way. This is worse than giving up smoking. I just did that at the end of October but if you gave me the choice between a cig and 4 or 5 gooey chocolate chip cookies right now there would be no contest. Bring on the cookies!!!

Enough of that whoa is me stuff. I am starting to regain a bit of my energy level which is usually high. My co-workers think I drink a lot of coffee or something but I am just usually hyper. Lately on the SBD I've felt a bit tired and run down. I know that is natural.

Well, this weekend my son goes to his father's for the wekend and I will miss him as I always do. I have to work Saturday half day and than plan next week's menu and go shopping for more healthy fresh foods. I hope everyone's day goes well.

Last edited by freaky; 01-13-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #6  

Freaky - I have a ? for ya- When you quit smoking, did you put on weight? I've been trying to quite off and on (umm, yeah, you can see how dedicated I am), but the first time I tried I gained 7 pounds. Any tricks to share so you dont pack in on while you're quitting?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Just checking in before I head off for school. Luckily I don't think it's going to be an overly busy day. Very excited about the weekend. My mother and I are going to a dog show tomorrow while DH works. There will be all kinds of events including agility and obedience trials. Should be fun.

Ruth ~ Sounds like you have a busy day planned!

Djett ~ I'm glad you found an exercise class that you really like!

JanaM ~ and congrats on the loss and the non-scale victory!

Freaky ~ Glad to hear that you're staying motivated. It WILL be worth it!

BeachinInBoston and Shad ~ Hi! I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #8  
beachbum

FRIDAY the 13TH is upon is,with a full moon at that.
Hope we'll all , have a great day,beware of the black cat.hehe!!

Good Morning Chicks

Day 6 on Phase 1.5[1 carb added]so far good,no craving,but I having a gut feeling that the scale is not going to move tomorrow.

Ruth-Is schatzi,driving you crazy, I have to go back to yesterday post.I seem to to missing a lot when I skim though.

Jana- on your 3 lb weight loss

crk-have a fun day at the dog show.

On the Go again,will post later Hugs BB
Old 01-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #9  

Default Awwww

Helllloooooo My Chippy Chicks!!!

I just returned from dropping DH off at the Airport. DH's interview went really well yesterday -- so well that he is winging his way to Austin, Texas to meet with more technical folks.
It was so wonderful to hear "happiness" in his voice yesterday. And this will really get an "Awww" outta you gals:

One of the questions that they asked as part of the "personal" portion of the interview was: "What do you consider your Greatest moment or achievement"

My DH said: "Marrying my wife"

I melted when he told me that! I then asked if he followed that up with "She's also the biggest challenge"

Keep yer fingers crossed fer him !!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
That's adorable
I'm wacko Busy Part Deux BBL!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:27 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Schatzi...I am dying over here from your story..You are so crazy...must be some good stuff you are smoking down there in Carolina by that wood pile!!
Hey girls what ever happened to Gonefishin??? I miss her crazy posts....
Ruth- be careful, would not RRRRomano's wife stepping in on you (unless you are into that sort of thing)..LOL
Beachbum- Hi
Dana- I am so proud of all of your working out...I need to get on that wagon!!
Hello to all of you other beach babes and guys!!! I hope you have a great OP day.
I got a new cooking magazine in the mail the other day for free..starter edition or something...I am making a recipe out of it tonight for my family and my sister & her family...If it is good, I will post it next week. Today is the day that I drop off my application for nursing school...everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!
Well, have a good day and I will check in in a bit.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Good morning all

Whoo...Friday the 13th and a full moon! How fabulous (I'm putting a positive spin on today)!

Only downside is that it's TOM for me and I'm ravenous and unmotivated to exercise. I just GOTTA get to the gym. As soon as I'm there I'll feel better; even if I only do 30 minutes.

Jana - Congrats on the loss!

Freaky - I'm of the mind that if you're going to go crazy for a cookie, have the 1 cookie and be done with it. On the other hand, if you KNOW you can't stop at one...stay far far away

Shatzi - That's soo sweet!!!

Everyone else, have a great day - drink your water!!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #13  
Tired of being fat

I'm on day 11 of P1 also, althou I realized I have been having too much nuts and not eating enough veggies. I don't think I have lost much, I weighed last Sunday at work although they had relocated the scale to a different spot, and I was down 1 lb. That was after 7 days. Now having 100 lbs to lose that is a bit of a deflate, only 99 to go woo-hoo NOT. LOL. Anyway, I'm still trucking and tweaking my eating, and I think I might give P1 one more week. I did walk 3 times this week and I have been sedentary for the winter since a terrible ankle sprain. I know for me its better to go slow, and that this is WOE not a diet, and I really feel amazing, so I know its working. I'm just needing to keep my focus, I am feeling "resigned" and thats a good thing, I feel like I've stopped fighting (against). I really miss my fruit though. Thanks for being here, you all rock !
Old 01-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #14  

Back in the office today. I don't do well when I work from home. I end up snacking on stuff I shouldn't.

You guys are a crazy bunch!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You girls are just wild!

It is definitely Friday the 13th. It's' just one thing after another today! We had 58 and Sunshine yesterday, and today we have snow. Welcome to Central Illinois. If you don't like the weather, go back where you came from (or... just wait a day.)

Good news everyone! THE SCALE MOVED!!!! Only a pound, but it MOVED!!! And it moved the right direction!!! WAHOO!

Now, I don't know what the proper locker room etiquette, but I found myself in an uncomfortable place yesterday. Molly and I went in to use the restroom, get rid of our towels, weigh ourselves, etc, and this woman was standing there, NAKED AS A JAYBIRD, and just struck up a conversation with us. I'm one of those "look at my feet" locker room people, and I'm also not comfortable being stark naked head-to-toe in front of people I don't know. I can say that I'm slightly comfortable naked in front of my husband, my mom, the 4 girls that were my bridesmaids, and maybe one other friend and that's it. I don't know how she was comfortable enough to do that!

So there I was, standing there having a conversation with the naked lady, and the whole time I was thinking about how awesome it must be to be that comfortable naked, talking with people you don't know. Are you girls comfortable enough to strike up a conversation with strangers while you're stark naked? I usually have a towel around my waist, one for each boob, and one on my head, and I do the "put your underwear on with the towel still on" trick. Kudos to that lady. She was probably 2 and a half times my size and was totally fine standing there naked. I'm amazed.

WELL anywho, I'm going to watch the snow come down out my window. You girls have a good day, and I'll pop on later if I get a chance!

Lisa
Closed Thread