Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 04:56 AM   #1  

Default Switching plans

Can anyone give me advice about switching from Flex to Core? I need to shake things up, as I have regained 8 pesky pounds (after maintaining my loss for more than a year, so it's really frustrating).

I am planning to start Core on Sunday.

What do you eat for breakfast? How do you deal with snacks?

Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome and good luck!

For breakfast, there are lots of choices. Oatmeal, maltomeal (farina), grits, scrambled eggs and canadian bacon, and omelets are a few things that come to mind. As for snacks, a few of my favorites are deviled eggs, bananas, applesauce, 94%FF popcorn, FF cottage cheese with pineapple or peaches, and carrots with FF ranch or some sort of dip made with FF sour cream.

It might take a little more planning than you had to do on Flex but once you get the hang of it, I think you'll like it.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome! I eat oatmeal made with skim and splenda most mornings. Sometimes I add a 1/2 cup of homemade chunky applesauce to the oatmeal or I cook a banana in with it (kind of like an apple or banana muffin if you use your imagination!). Other mornings I eat Post Shredded Wheat and Bran cold cereal with a banana cut up and splenda. I like to get a milk and a fruit in at breakfast.

If I go out to eat for breakfast, I ususally order eggbeaters (or real eggs if I'm in the mood) omelets or scramblers with Pam spray. Then I add whatever veggies I'm in the mood for and sometimes turkey sausage for points. One of my restaturants offers FF cheese which is REALLY great. Then instead of bread or potatoes I ask for fruit.

I've been on Core since 09/04 and have lost 45 pounds with another 115 to go. I lost very quickly in the beginning especially giving up sugar. I mostly use my points for the occasional bread or bun and for smart balance margarine. If it hadn't been for months of medicial problems, I'm sure I'd be well over 50 pounds down by now.

If you've been looking at our site, I'm sure you've seen that we do menus every day. Some folks aren't doing pure Core on occassion and there are disclaimers. You could get some more ideas there. We also have a GREAT recipe section.

Good Luck! We hang out daily on Core Board 36.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh yeah....I forgot about Farina! Sometimes I have Farina made with skim, splenda and smart balance (points).
Old 01-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

i did flex last week and am doing core this week. i know i've heard folks say stick a month before switching, but ya'll know why i switched this week. i'm wondering if anyone's heard anything positive (or negative) about switching back and forth to shake up the metabolism?

elana, that's why you switched, isn't it? have you heard something?

i'm not creative with core bfasts cept for making that homemade core granola. it's posted over in bfast thread.
Closed Thread