Old 01-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #1  
Gotta Lose it!!

Default starting tomorrow.

Hey everyone,

Well I'm new here and would like some help and support. I have been looking over this board for last few days.. and I gotta say.. u all are doing great.. I hope u all succeed .

Last edited by Livenlose; 08-29-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Livenlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Priyah Are you forgetting you are supposed to eat veggies? Those should take up carb counts. And yes, you should be trying to get close to the 20. True, sometimes it's not possible. But I'm wondering if you're eating enough. If you don't, your body won't lose weight (it'll go into starvation mode). Plus, don't forget your water (I've discovered how important that is). And yes, dancing IS exercise! So go out and shake it Welcome and join us in the weekly chat and good luck
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Hi Priiyeah!! I'm Lacey, a 30 year old mom of 2 ornery girls How AWESOME that you've decided to do Atkins!! I wish I would have known about this option when I was your age, you're a lucky girl!!
Have you read the Atkins book yet?? If you haven't, and it is the plan you are wanting, grab a copy of it...I'm sure any library can get you a copy if they don't have one already. Don't try to starve yourself, eating one cheesestick doesn't sound like very much....you can have a lot of things, brocolli, steak, bacon, spaghetti squash, omlettes....the list is huge really There are some great recipes down below, maybe you could show them to your mom and see if she could help out with your new way of life! How exciting for you!!!! Welcome aboard, and don't give up!! If you're following strict induction for the first two weeks you will DEFINITELY see weight loss!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #4  
Gotta Lose it!!

asda

Last edited by Livenlose; 08-29-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Livenlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:56 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Priya HI!! Please if I get that mom tone just slap me. (I have a 20 and 17 YO girls and 11 and 12 boys)

You definatly are not getting enough cals in. I know it sounds dumb but as you are still young your body will still manage to lose weight but it will get smart soon and stop. You must take in atleast 1200 cals or there about that seems to be the magic number to keep the BMI feed with out inducting the starvation mode. Yes it is a kick back for the neanderthal days when the men left us women to feed the kids with no food and went huting they ate all day and we starved until they came back with food we got fat and they did not. out bodys learned and they did not. so there for they lose weight faster and easier then us poor slaved women. well now for the good news. notice how those men are just bulging with musle?? that is good those nise firm muscles are what youwant to complete your fat burning machine. build you self some of them and well the lbs will start to drop. (keeping the cals within limits of course)

Welcome to our roost.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Priya, DEFINITELY get and read the book. If you're doing "eggs and cheese" you're NOT doing Atkins correctly and are going to hurt yourself. There's more to Atkins than egg and cheese. If you want this to succeed...research it so you don't get bored with your choices. You're only as limited as you want to be on this WOE!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I cant add anything else....these ladies know what they are talking about!

So I'll just say for now
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:05 AM   #8  
Taaa Daaa!

Hi and welcome Everyone else has pretty much said everything although I did want to add in one little tidbit, they pick the number 20 for induction because eating less then 20 isnt going to have any add benefit. 20 seems to be the good number for ketosis, but you aren't doing yourself any favors by eating less than that. Your body DOES NEED carbs, just the good kind, not the processed junk.

I am not on by-the-book induction. I eat as many carbs per day as I feel comfortable with, as long as they are good carbs. Like today I know I was over 20, but almost all of my carbs came from veggies. I know I'm doing well because I am hungry about 6 times a day (every 3 hours or so) but I only need a little feel full and happy again. I'll give you an example: Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast 6:30 - atkins advantage shake (they are good for my really busy mornings! )

9:30 - colby jack cheese stick, small handful of grapes, 2 strips turkey bacon

11:30 - dark green salad w/ tomatoes, cucumbers, some shredded cheddar cheese, chicken and a lil bacon - 1tsp ranch

(normally I would eat again before this time, but I took a long nap today, and I wouldnt eat so late in the night either. Between lunch and dinner I usually have some LC yogurt with 1/2 a cup of low glycemic fruit like berries, or maybe some nuts like sunflower seeds on top of cottage cheese)

7pm- cube steak, green beans, dark green salad with lil dressing and tomatoes

11pm - beef and broccoli, with LOTS of steamed broccoli.

Drinks: a lil over a gallon of water a day, at least 74oz minimum

I get my sweet kick naturally, from fruit. Once you start induction and get rid of all the crap in your body, your cravings will lessen and the food that you think you want know, won't even taste as good anymore. You'll start wanting different things too. We went to mickey d's for icecream last night, and I thought I would treat myself. So I got like the kid's cone, plain, and about 10 minutes after I ate it (it tasted SUPER SWEET) I got soooooooo sick from all the sugar. You will start craving natural things, like sweet from fruit, or a nutty taste, or more veggies. At least that is what my experience has been.

Anyways, sorry to ramble Hope some of it helped Welcome aboard, get the book read and have fun! :banana:
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote