South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:11 AM   #1  
Tired of being fat

Default cheep, cheep, CHEAT ! Oh no.

Yes gals, I gave in yesterday. Guess with what. An APPLE. I had these beautimous apples for the kids, and they were so crisp, I had an apple. With almond butter on it. And it was deeeelightful. How hysterical is that. Only 9 days and my cravings are completely skewed. We'll call it a Phase II practice day.

Can anybody give me any advice on nuts ? I'm going way overboard. I portioned into baggies and everything. I "figure" if its not carby, then at least its better than nothing. How many nuts a day is it ? Is it *only* one serving, because I think I saw in the book "grab a handful" of nuts a few times. Not "a handful once a day".

Thanks chickies. Edited to say: But, BUT - I walked yesterday. For about 35 minutes around my neighborhood when the kiddies were in school. Can't tell you when is the last time I did that. So, the day wasn't terrible. I can't tell if I should be guilty or overjoyed about my slip. LOL
Old 01-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the apple. It sounds delish!
Nuts MUST be limited. Here's a quote from the Phase I Food list over in the FAQ Section:
Quote:
NUTS AND SEEDS (Limit to one serving per day as specified. Dry roasted recommended.)
Almonds - 15
Brazil Nuts - 4
Cashews - 15
Flax Seed - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Macadamia - 8
Peanut Butter, Natural, and other nut butters - 2 TBS
Peanuts, 20 small (May use dry roasted or boiled)
Pecans - 15
Pine Nuts (Pignolia) - 1 ounce
Pistachios - 30
Pumpkin Seeds - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Sesame Seeds - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Soy Nuts - 1/4 cup
Sunflower Seeds - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Walnuts - 15
Nots ARE protein but are also high in good fats which makes them high calorie. Control is needed! Pistachios are best because they are labout intensive - unless you eat the shells and that's not recommended.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #3  

Default Nuts

Boy I would love an apple with peanut butter on it right now.........

I buy pre-packaged pistachios from Sam's Club (Costco or BJ's would probably have the too). They contain approximately 30 pistachios, and you can keep a bunch in your desk at work. I use only 1 nut snack a day. Now if someone could get me off the caffeinated coffee, I'd be styling!!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stodds, coffee is OK. I hate decaf! Dr. A suggests we limit ourselved to two cups of real coffee per day but....he didn't say how big the mug was! For soem people it does affect weightloss but others are just fine.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #5  

Oh gawd... I never thought I'd live to see the day that an apple with peanut butter on it would sound delicious to me I'll have that on Monday (sugar free natural peanut butter of course)

I've gone a tad overboard with the nuts a few times. Not so bad that I'd say I had cheated though. But sometimes my portion just doesn't do it for me, I really feel I need more to eat, and that is all I have.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Also, the diet was originally formulated with people who have heart disease in mind - and caffeine isn't always the best thing for someone with heart disease. The rest of us though...! I drink 1-2 cups of tea in the morning at most, then no more until I've had at least 1/2 my water. Then I may have another 1-2 cups of tea in the afternoon. I make exceptions on particularly cold days (yeah, I know Ruth - I meant to *me*! ) or if I'm sick and need something hot to drink or if I have a migraine (caffeine seems to help a bit).
Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I read in the note from the lady I bought my SBD book from that she chose pistachios because it took longer to eat because they had to be shelled -- sounds good to be!
Closed Thread