Old 01-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs up Keep those hands out of the cookie jar! Do some crafts!

What crafts do you guys do? I love to scrapbook. Bonus - I can't eat while scrapping My retreat is less then 2 weeks away... yeah!!!

What do you do to keep your paws out of the cookie jar?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I broke my cookie jar . seriously. The head fell off when I was bringing it to work full of cinnamon candy over the holiday.

I've been crocheting. I've made all the kiddos an afghan and I'm working on another one now. I'm trying to use up all the leftover yarn I had from Lilly's. If it's ugly (I hate tying off yarn so I'm basically crocheting until the skein runs out and then attaching the next color regardless of where I'm at) I'll keep it for myself. If not I'll give it to mom this year. I plan to make 3-4 more, depending on time.

I also enjoying reading (I know not a craft). If it has a great storyline it can hold my attention and I soon forget about wanting to munch.

I too love to scrap but I never make the time and I'm so overwhelmed with it now I don't know that I'll ever catch up.

I cross-stitch but I haven't done it in ages and when I complete the afghans this year I'm going to try my hand at knitting.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

I scrapbook too! But to keep my hands busy in front of the TV, I crochet. Keeps both hands busy but lets my mind be unoccupied enough to pay attention to the program/movie. This has always been my prime snacking time and keeping my hands busy keeps my hands out of the bag of chips and my mind out of the fridge. The bonus is seeing the projects once they are completed.

Great idea for a thread! I wonder how many other people do the same thing....

Sara
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #4  
Linda

Paint my nails
colour in a colouring book
give myself a facial
take a bath

I wish could convince myself that I really wanted to get on the treadmill at night instead of eating..but I'm just not there yet!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #5  
Will work for yarn!

I scrapbook or knit. Can't nibble when my hands are occupied!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #6  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Quilt, make jewelry, knit. MOSTLY quilting!
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #7  
a new year... a new me

i crochet though i'm not nearly as good as dawnyal! i also take naps...its my favorite hobby.
shedilbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #8  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I'm a knitting fool

Am I the only one who's crafting competes with their fitness? I'm always tempted to skip out on exercise commitments when I'm nearing a finished object. Just one more row!!
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

LOL Tani. I find myself occassionally wanting to do that. With my last afghan, I was up until 2 a.m. Christmas morning trying to hurry and finish it. It was supposed to have fringe around the sides but I was just too tired to put it on.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #10  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I started scrapping 3 months ago after years of nagging from my sister who is very crafty. I find it very relaxing as well as it stopping me from snacking.

I've also recently dug out my crochet hooks, which haven't seen daylight for a while, and I'll be getting down to that when I can decide what to make.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #11  

I think am gonna learn how to knit and I have yet to scrapbook.

I do like flower arrangements/crafts, but my passion for that has not been burning too high. So, I think I will go shopping this weekend for new projects.
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #12  
Taking care of me.

I like to crochet, cross stitch, and work with plastic canvas but I haven't done any of that in years. I'm still working on a blanket I started crocheting in the 11th grade (class of 2004) . I only work on it when it's cold though and living in Houston, it's not cold very often.

Recently, I found whole books of the Jumble puzzles that appear in the newspaper and have become addicted to them. For Christmas, I bought myself eleven books (about 170 puzzles each) and I have subscribed to the magazine. I could never solve the puzzle in the paper but I'm having a ball now.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #13  

I adore freestyle embroidery and crazy patchwork. I think heroin is the only thing more addictive than crazy patchwork. And it's dangerous. You look at ladies in long boho chick skirts and think "hmmmmmmm they wouldn't notice if I took a tiny bit off the hem....." Or evening dresses!!!!

I also love incorporating photos into my quilts. I don't do enough crafts anymore.

And Linda I thought I was the only person over 12 who bought colouring in books for herself!

I like tole painting but not done that for a long time, rubber stamping, and sewing. I am a hopeless knitter and crocheter, but I still like it, anything to keep those fingers busy!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #14  
Linda

Kylie!!

Nope, you're not alone!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #15  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

As of late, I've been doing some "craft" type projects for my upcoming wedding. I'm hoping to do as much as possible myself so I've been practicing my paper crafts (don't know what you'd call it, but for my invitations possibly) and embroidering (I used to be so good but am out of practice. I also love to crochet (nothing better to do when watching tv).
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote