The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default The Biggest Loser DVD--who's using it?

Hi y'all....anyone out there using the DVD on a regular basis?

I used it for six days in a row last week. I really enjoy it! I can already feel the benefits!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #2  

Hi Jen, I started using it last week (5 times). I just finished it today. I seem to already see some benifits as well. The worst part of the video for me is during the strength and sculpt part when it comes to the stomach exercises. I've always been weak in the stomach muscle area, but today I could keep up a little better. I also find the lunges tough in the cardio section, I'm not very flexible. Hopefully that will change. Any way I really enjoy doing it. Jodi
Old 01-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

I bet that will all change, the longer you do it! That is what I am hoping for too....for a big girl I'm fairly flexible, but would like to be more so.

I'm going to do the whole 6 week program, then do something different for awhile.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #4  

Default I'm using it!!

I am using the biggest loser dvd and I think that it is absolutely great. Can't wait to see exactly how I look and feel in 6 weeks!!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #5  

I'll be doing it for the 6 weeks, that should be Feb 11. Then I thought I would start doing low and high intensity cardio in one day. And on the other days I would do sculpt and boot camp, I will do that for 6 more weeks. After that I hope I will be in good enough shape to start Jillian's DVD's.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #6  

Default RE: Biggest Loser DVD

I am a new member, and I'm glad you started this thread.

I just bought the DVD on Thursday last week. My plan is to use the DVD Monday thru Thurs every night. On weekends, I will do my normal walking/jogging/weight routine. I liked the workout I tried on Thursday. Though the moves are very simple in the first workout, I found that I was sweating and slightly winded! I love how simple the moves are....Hopefully, I will have some weight loss to report soon!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

I can't find it at any stores near me So you all like it? I so want to gt one. Is that the old season or the new? Anske
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #8  

The DVD has contestants from both seasons. I really like doing the workout because the movements are simple, yet I still get a good work out. Most DVD's have to many dance type moves in them, and I can't dance so I always find them confussing.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:02 AM   #9  

Anske, You can go to amazon.com to purchase it for 8.99 if you can't find it in stores near you.

Last edited by destiny's mom; 01-10-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny's mom
Anske, You can go to amazon.com to purchase it for 8.99 if you can't find it in stores near you.
I purchased my copy of the BL DVD from Amazon. I also purchased Jillian's Book and 5 DVD set.

I really like the BL DVD. I only did exercises 1 & 3 so far but they were fairly easy to do. I could feel my legs burn after doing exercise #1 and my abs hurt for like 2 days after doing exercise #2.

My hardest thing is finding time to do the DVD every day.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #11  

I am so excited I went to Walmart again! Something told me to go. lol And there it was! Oh yea I am going to start it right now. I also bought hand weights also. Lets go girls. lol Sorry a bit excited. See ya when I am done to tell ya what I think. Bye Anske
Old 01-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #12  

Wow that was the best 9.99. I have ever spent. I love it girls. Thanks for letting me know it is good. We can do it girls. Anske
Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #13  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

wow, another workout vid i think i'll have to get! sounds great!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

It's so cool to see so many of you using it! I know after only seven workouts with it I can already feel the difference in my body!

If I started a The Biggest Loser Workout Journal thread on here, would anyone be interested in checking in daily with your workout? You know, like the Jillian's girls are doing! That way, we can encourage and support each other as we go along!

What do you think?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #15  

I love this dvd. It's the only exercise dvd I've seen where I haven't been so annoyed by a perky trainer I wanted to slap them. I <3 Bob.I did the Strength and Scuplt yesterday and I feel it today. The movements are deceptively simply and after a few seconds it's OMG! I can feel that. I can't wait to try the other workouts.