General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Am I wrong.....

I got conned into helping with a kids group at church--kind of like scouts. The meeting was to start around 1:30 and end around 4 or 4:30, so I left around 1 and DH had just laid down to take a nap--hasn't been feeling well. I got to church and none of the three kids in my class were there. My son lives less than 10 minutes from the church so I stopped by his apartment. We ended up watching a movie together and then I was home before 4 to make me & hubby something to eat. When I got home, hubby asked how it went since he knows I really don't want to do it but got the "nobody else will do it for these kids" so I am. I told him that the class was cancelled so I stopped by son's. He started yelling about how rude I am for not calling- I did not call because as I said he was laying down for a nap when I left and if I called while he was sleeping I would have been yelled at for that. He said that I should have just come home instead of going to son's. He also said if I made anything to eat he wouldn't eat it and is being what I think is very irrational....
Am I wrong to be mad at this point?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #2  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

No, you aren't wrong. You were just trying to be polite to not wake him. I can't see why it would be a big deal to visit with your son either. Your Dh is the one who is wrong. He needs to be more supportive of your relationship w/your son and that you are able to make your own choices without having to worry about whether it will upset him or not. ((HUGS))
Old 01-07-2006, 08:14 PM   #3  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Maybe he's grouchy because he doesn't feel well and maybe he's jealous that you spent time with your son and he didn't? I'm sure he'll get over it soon - try to take it with a grain of salt and heck - if he's not gonna eat it - don't cook him anything!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #4  

Tell him I said "Wah" looks like you don't have to cook tonight! <<hugs>> Men can be such babies!
Old 01-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

I didn't cook the supper I had planned. I made myself a big salad and left him to fend for himself. He finally apologized for the way he acted. I lost 5 lbs last Tuesday when I weighed and I think I have lost more this week. Pants I just bought that were a little tight are now a little loose--not falling off loose but I can see a difference. He tends to get insecure and I think that's what I am dealing with. This time I am not going to let his insecurities make me lose my motivation. I will continue to go to the gym at least 3 times a week and continue changing my eating habits. Things are better today--I guess I just needed to vent because he makes me so mad sometimes especially when it is irrational and I didn't do anything wrong.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Oh Jules....Of coarse you weren't wrong to be mad. He had no right to be so upset. You were the one being the conciderate one to let him sleep while he wasn't feeling well!!

Glad he apologized.

You were in the right. And you can ALWAYS vent. That's what we're all here for!
Closed Thread