Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #1  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Wave 1 ~ Chick Pea Snacks

I haven't actually tried this recipe yet...I found it today and thought it looked interesting and EASY!

Wave 1 ~ Chick Pea Snacks

1 can Chick Peas/Garbanzo Beans drained & rinsed
2 tbl. olive oil
sea salt or garlic salt

Drain & rinse beans well, pat dry with paper towel. Put the olive oil in a pan big enough to spread the beans out, add the beans, salt. Cook in a 450 oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until beans are golden brown and a little crunchy..Outside will be crunchy, inside soft!
flsunbakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #2  

Default Yum

I bought an extra can of chickpeas yesterday to make the Moroccan Chicken so I popped these in the oven a little bit ago. I seasoned mine with some chili powder, a dash of cayenne, some garlic and sea salt. I found I really only needed one Tablespoon of oil.. add one and see if it looks enough for you.

Very tasty!! but I'll have to be careful to NOT eat the whole batch today.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Super yummy recipe.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #4  

So glad to hear these are really good!!

I'm out of chick peas today, so will pick up a can tomorrow and try it with Linda's improvements
Old 01-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #5  

I used some of the Original Mrs. Dash seasoning, and snacked on some last night, then through some in my salad that I had for lunch today. They reminded me of a creamy crouton.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Hi! I posted this on the other chickpea thread, but the chickpeas I bought have sugar in the can. I went to the store again this afternoon and can only find that brand ... with the sugar (which is verboten on Sonoma and also on my Sugar Busters ... actually, I'm kind of workin' both plans right now). Where are you guys gettin' the chickpeas without sugar? Why can't I find these?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #7  

Got some today at Publix...both the Publix brand and the Hanover brand had no sugar, nor did the Goyas. Got Progresso at Big Lots a couple of weeks ago...no sugar. Dont know if you have either of these stores where you live....you can also look at Dollar General....I'm pretty sure we've gotten chick peas there too. They're also called Garbanzo Beans.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #8  

How much of the chic pea snacks do you think is an appropriate snack for wave 1?
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #9  

A very small amount, unfortunately. If you notice that the nut snack are generally around 11-12 nuts for women. That has about 80-100 calories, depending upon what book you read.

A can of chickepeas, at least mine had ~110 calories a 1/2 cup and the can contained 1 3/4 cups so that 385 for the beans alone, plus 1T oil ~ 120 calories.. so you are looking at 500 calories for the batch.

I would say 1/5th of the batch in keeping with the caloric value of the nuts.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #10  

I know that my friends who did South Beach and WW Core said that 1/2 c was a serving of these. I've made them using wasabi for a change. Yum.
waltherchic is offline   Reply With Quote