Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Curves Bookeeping error

I found out today that curves made an error in my account. I joined a year ago and they told me they would say when it's time for me to renew. So today I found out they didn't actually charge me for the last 9 months.

The employee said it was their fault and she was only going to charge me 117 for the next 3 months but she said the owner might try to get the back money from me.

I don't know what to do. I don't have that much money around right now. Do you think I should be held responsible when they forgot to charge me?
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well if you signed the contract you owe them the money, It was I am sure a mistake that they did not bill you, but you signed expecting to pay the money. Let them know money is tight and you would like to keep going, could you work out a payment plan.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #3  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

9 months?
And u didnt notice, that u didnt get charged?

Talk to them, maybe they let u work out something....
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #4  

Well I had thought I joined for a year so I didn't notice that they didn't charge me. I was expecting to have to pay this month since it was a year. But now they're telling me that I only paid for 3 months and owe them for the last 9 months.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #5  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

OH!!!!!! I get it now......sorry !!!

Dont know, try talking to them. thats about the best I can tell u Good luck!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #6  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

That is weird! When I joined they told me it is a 1 year contract but you are a member for life unless you tell them to cancel. I took that to mean that you pay the monthly fee every mo via auto-draft and you cant cancel for 1 year but that after that year you would still be a member and they would continue taking the money out unless you told them you wanted to cancel. But mine is a monthly debit, not a pay up front for so many months deal so it may be different.

Yes, I would definitly be frustrated. Man, that sucks!
VioletSwerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #7  
Gonna win the battle!!

S/C/G: 226/213/130

I have a contract that they take it out of my account every month for a year and If I want to quit after the year I have to tell them I cancled. and give them a 30 days notice. If you signed a contract than it should be in the papers they gave you or even if you didnt they still should have given you a recept and it would be on that. That will tell you if you payed for 3 months or a year. If you thought you payed for a year maybe you did. so check. If you only payed for 3 months than that would be your mistake. But I would talk to them and work out a payment plan. It could be there fault if they didnt make it clear what you were paying for. In that case I would complain and try to get it at half price at least. Good luck
ladybugfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #8  

Actually they let me go on the money that was owed since it was their mistake. I think I'm the only person here who's curves doesn't have you sign a contract. I've been just paying for 3 months at a time now.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You didn't notice that no money was being taken out of your account? That should still be in your bank account if it was not taken out. Sounds like they goofed, it happens, but I think you do owe them the money, you did go and work out there, didn't you?Look at it this way , you used there product you need to pay them.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/202/155

Height: 5'5"

I had a problem where curves was supposed to be on medical hold, I had emergency surgery, and they chaged me anyway. Laure
Alliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #11  

I signed a year contract but it could be broken with a 30 day notice. I went for 6 weeks and hated it. The two girls that worked when I was there, did not pay attention, played horrible music and would just goissp about other people the whole time I was there. If it were just one of them or the owner, then it was great. They financed my contract with some other company and I had a huge hassle trying to get them to cancel. I had to get the owner to call them since he had told me and it was written on the bottom of my contract that I could cancel. I ended up paying 3 months and it was 6 weeks that I did not go. I also noticed tiny red veins (spider viens) breaking near my knees and on my thighs. I thought it may be from the rebound boards because they were not there until I joined Curves. I have a co-worker who goes to the same one and loves it, so maybe it was just me.
TerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #12  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

This is why I pay month-to-month.
Take this past month for example.
I pay my monthly due of 50.00 CAD by Nov 10th. Then I can work out all month long. Then when Dec rolls around, I pay by the 10th of Dec, and I work out all month. I also don't direct debit it, I walk in and pay with debit.
I had a similar problem with Spa Lady. I signed on to 2 years, and when I moved to a very small town (from a big city), there was no SL to go to, but I still got held to my 2 years. Ouch! I'm still fighting that one, since in my contract it said that I would be held to it, unless a location was not available, or I provided medical documentation that I could no longer use the facilities.

Seriously, ouch! Go month by month (or 3 months at a time is good, too).
I could save like 10 bucks a month, but it's worth paying the monthly fee to be rid of the headache (and any possible court costs I pay to hull SL to claims court).
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote