Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Default Exercise = Laxative???

Am I the only one this happens to? Almost every time I exercise, especially when I'm nearing the end of my workout, I have to go to the bathroom. The first couple of times it happened I didn't pay much notice. But now that it's happening on an almost daily, if not daily, basis I'm wondering what it could mean.

Any clue??
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

I don't know about exersizing being a laxitive, but I do know it is supposed to help prevent constipation. Maybe that is the same thing, but either way I hope it helps some.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #3  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

It speeds up your metabolism (exercise). So...yeah, makes sense to me. You didn't say WHEN you exercise! This would surprise me least in the morning :-) And...ok, let's get down to specifics...you're talking #2?

So...funny story given the context. My sister and I had this very involved and detailed conversation last weekend. In AUGUST mind you, we're doing this huge hike together (Half Dome). So here we are, 7 months out, and we're talking about when/if we should have coffee, what the options are for GOING TO THE BATHROOM, etc. because we both know that the coffee could trigger certain things, and that the exercise will trigger certain things (especially early in the morning when we plan to start and ESPECIALLY for my sister who normally requires, like, oh....a 1 hour campout in the bathroom). All of which is a weird way of saying....you're not unusual teahoney
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #4  

Hi Tracy without the e.

Actually, I usually exercise in the afternoon and I wait about 2 or more hours after eating lunch to exercise. But if y'all are saying that it's normal then I won't worry about it too much. It just drives me crazy because I'll be right at the end of my workout and then I have to stop to go to the bathroom and yes, we're talking #2.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #5  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Ya know Tracey, if you were one of those scale obsessive types, you could take advantage of this feature of your workout to prove (via the scale) that you lose a pound or more every time you workout!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Don't start me on the effects of coffee, NowOrNever...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever!
Ya know Tracey, if you were one of those scale obsessive types, you could take advantage of this feature of your workout to prove (via the scale) that you lose a pound or more every time you workout!
Good one!! Maybe I'll test it and find out.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #8  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hey, coffee is an excellent system scourer for me! No other source of caffeine (like my omnipresent Diet Coke) works as well. Too MUCH coffee--now there's a dangerous thought
Old 01-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #9  

I've noticed the laxative effect, and when I go on the cross trainer, I get wind!!! Thankfully our cross trainers are against the back wall and there is no one behind me!!!! Very embarrassing!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

In spite of everything thing we see, hear and read, I'm not sure many of realise how good exercise is for our bodies. It's helpful for EVERYTHING!

And teahoney, you've just pointed out another benefit
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Hahaha... I've definitely noticed that regular exercise keeps you "regular." But, maybe it has to do with different eating, or other habits... I don't know... Interesting though!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote