Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2001, 09:31 AM   #1  

Default Winning pts. VS 123

Does anyone here use the old 123 system instead of the new Winning points? I'm not sure what to do... i tried doing the winning points for the past two weeks, and have binged alot (at least 5 times).
Last fall, when i lost 27 pounds on WW (which i have gained back plus some) i used the 123 system, and only had like 2 binges in 3 months. Then i found when i started the winning pts. last january, i stopped losing. Should i do the 123 points system instead? Does anyone else here do it? Also, i only have the first (10%) booklet from the 123 system (because i stopped going to the meetings after a little while)... What do i need to know next? When do the activity points come in?(123 system). how do i count activity points on the 123 system? also, could i use the new winning pts. activity slidrule to figure out activity points earned on the 123 plan? Oh yeah, my pt. range on the 123 plan is 22-29, and my pt. range on the winning pts. is 22-27. thanks so much for any advice/input!!!! oh yeah, and if anyone has their old 123 stuff (part 2 and 3) that they want to sell, that would be great!
:0)
Kristen
My email addy is: [email protected]
Old 07-08-2001, 11:01 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

daisy,
I follow the 123. You can earn exercise points after the first 20 min of exercise. 123 gives them to you to begin with you they expect you to do it. Winning points makes you earn them. You can use the exercise point finder for extra points for time after the first 20 min.

The other difference is the fiber cap. I find I eat a lot of fiber so I am full. I think that with the 4 gram fiber cap food has more points. The chilli that use to be 1 point because it had 10 grams of fiber is now 2 or 3 points for the same thing.

I did try winning points for a while but because my fiber did not count I found that I could not make what use to be a 3 point lunch be worth 6 points and still get enough food to eat. Does that make sence? This left me hungry at the end of the day and led me to binges. On recalculating my points I finnally saw the difference and how the drop in fiber made it impossible for me to feel full on what became fewer points.

So if you did well on 123 go back to it. The change in the program I think was made to help people loose faster. It only made me binge because I had to eat less food for the same number of points.

I do hope this helps you and that you can sit down and look at the things you eat and see if the point calculation has effected the quantity that you can eat.

-L
Old 07-08-2001, 01:15 PM   #3  

I follow the 123 plan too. For me it seemed ridiculous to cut 2 more points out of my range. In fact, I have come up with my own range that works best for me. I let myself have up to 40 points per day (my normal max is 31 or 29 depending on which plan you follow). I had found myself getting really hungry all the time and binging so I realized I just wasnt' getting enough to eat. I experimented to find out the max points I could eat and still lose weight. I think WW is a great plan, but everyone is different and the same point ranges do not work for everyone.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:19 PM   #4  

I vary it. I find the new program seems to have more restrictions than the older one. Like, Now carrots are 1 pt per cup. I still count them as 0. Stuff like that, figure out what works best for you! and go for it!!!!!

Ronney
Closed Thread