Old 01-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  
soon to be hot momma

Exclamation Girls with Goals~Valentines Challenge #1

Good Morning Ladies,
The holidays are officially over and my weight is back to normal! I have been exercisng like a fiend! I am actually down a half of a pound and am quite pleased that I bounced back so quickly!
Now for the new challenge , there is 6 WI till valentines day not including todays so I propose that we lose 5% of our body weight which puts me at 8 lbs for the challenge! A self challenge I am doing is 4.5 hrs of exercise per week Which works out to two 1 hour workouts and 5 half hour workouts. I need to workout everyday because if I skip a day I end up skiping more and more till Im not doing it anymore UGGGHH!! Now I know the reality is there will be some days that working out just wont fit in and thats why I am making weekly goals instead of daily if I dont exercise one day I will have to bump it up for a few to catch up !
I believe that this will be the year I reach my goals as I am sure you will reach all of yours! Remeber there is only 5 months to bikini weather AHHHHHHH! Not that I can really wear one anyway LOL but I would like to look nice in a one piece! So are you up for it ladies ? Can we do this ? OF course we can we just need to put our bodys first ! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
So stats for starting this challenge:

SW 204
SW for this challenge 160.4
CW 160.4
GW 145

So off we go , good luck ladies and this year we will achieve all our goals!!! '
HUGGSSSSS
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #2  
yvette120

well my weight is up another pound so now I weigh 201 pounds but I have started back exercising as of today I am in for the challenge. I need to lose 10.5 pounds for the challenge. I am going to give it my best try. Can you believe that we have 5 more months before all the coats and bulky clothes come off? We are going to look good and I am excited about this summer. Cangrats hot momma keep on losing.
yvette120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #3  

Would love to join the challenge! I would need to lose 13.1 lbs to make 5% by Valentine's Day.

And here in Texas - bathing suit weather starts in March!
gsjmyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #4  

I'd like to join in too!

SW: 194.4
SW for challenge: 181.4
Challenge Goal: 172.4 (9 lbs)
GW: 140

I am new here and need some help to stay on plan. This challenge will give me a short term goal to focus on.

I am doing WW, but have decided to quit going to meetings, since it was getting very expensive! I am going to follow the plan on my own, with an incentive from DH - he's giving me $10 for each lb lost!
kadamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #5  

Default I'm in

I have 12 lbs to lose by Valentines Day!
teacherbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #6  

You're on!

I need to lose 8lbs to meet that challenge
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #7  
Heather/Caterpillar

I'm in on that...I originally set my Valentine's goal to be 238lbs which is losing a stone in UK measures. To lose 5% of my body weight (currently 252lbs) I need to lose 12.6lbs.
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #8  
soon to be hot momma

Welcome to all of you !! Nice to see so many new ppl willing to join our challenge I hope you all stick it out !The only other part of the challenge that the new ppl arent aware of is if you meet the challenge you must reward yourself with something other than food but it must also be something just for you !!! Such as a pedicure or a new sweater something you really want!!! Good luck to all of you !! WI s are Tuesdays I will start a new thread each Tuesday morning ! You can come here to get support anytime you need it and most often you will get it GOOD LUCK LADIES WE CAN DO IT !!!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hey there FGNM!!

Count me in! I need to lose 8 lbs. by Valentines Day! I've never joined a challenge here in the forums so I'm so excited that you started one! I'll look forward to weigh ins on Tuesdays, and to posting here! Let's GO!!! ( my name here is Lainey2, but it's me, Lainey from the Journals : ) )
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #10  

I am in. I am a lifetime member at WW but have let the weight slowly creep back on. I have 8lbs to lose. MY weigh-ins are on Thursday and will report then. Good luck!
ChristyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #11  

Hi! I would like to take that challenge as well. I am doing WW at home and my weigh-in day is Thursday. I am currently doing yoga on most days and will return to the gym next week. Hopefully I can keep up doing yoga in the morning and working out later in the day.
I will need to loose 10.25 for the Valentines day challenge..Woo Hoo!
Lets be strong!
greenteagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #12  
soon to be hot momma

Welcome Christy and greenteagirl! Good luck to all and I should be back to post again on Friday for a weekend pep talk LOL We all know how hard weekends are (especially me ) Again good luck ladies!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I'll jump in, too! I gained about ten pounds back in the last quarter of '05, and I'm trying to set daily, long-term and short-term goals for myself. Losing 5%--12lbs--by 2/14 is a stretch, but not impossible, and it would be a tremendous motivation to keep going. Heva2015, teacherbarbie, gsmyeager, we're all in the same boat, so let's all be here for each other, okay?

I go to Curves, do yoga, pilates and cardio at home, and follow a good fats-lower-carbs eating plan. My reward will be a massage! I'm going to schedule it today.

Good luck to us all--judy

judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #14  
Heather/Caterpillar

I've been trying to do this rewarding myself with stuff other than food for a while now. I need to get away from using food to reward and other emotions. I guess that goes back to being a kid when my mum would take me to McDonalds as a treat if I was good....
So, my reward is going to be a facial at this swanky salon near my house if I lose the weight in time for V-Day. I think I'll get my sister on these boards too and see if she fancies it as well...
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #15  
soon to be hot momma

Since money is tight at this time of year (I tend to splurge a little tooo much on the kids at christmas) Im going to keep it simple probably a pedicure for the overworked feet LOL!!!