Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 09:39 AM   #1  
Thin Within

Arrow COUNTDOWN TO 250 - July 6 and beyond

GOOD MORNING

Welcome all you who wish to join us on this road to thin. We all have our ups and downs and help each other all along the way. If you need us we are here for you so feel free to post and join this band of ladies who have become family.

CHATTY that is great! Congratulations on your first week's loss. Now that should give you incentive to want more, and more. You go girl.

GERI welocme back to the loosers circle. It is great to have a fresh start and you have just that! Handle it with care and ease on in for you can do it.

Maggie planning her high point day with care in Tennessee
Old 07-06-2001, 11:36 AM   #2  

Maggie, thank you for extending such a warm welcome to all visitors to this board.

Just checking in - hope everyone is having a good OP day!

Talk to you soon!!!

Diane
Old 07-06-2001, 11:37 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Maggie:

Thanks for starting the new thread. I guess it was so late last night that I didn't pay attention that I went to 'page 2'. I transferred it over here and deleted it over there, so no one has to waste the time going to the second page. I'm going to have to move on and do the best I can. "I will not SHOULD on myself today." "No GUILT, MOVE on!!!!" That's how I am going to pursue this.

Hi Chatty: 6.2# WOW, How Cool!!! Could you keep that nice cool weather around until the 23, 24, and 25 for me? I'm coming down to Indiana then and going to Shipshawana. It would be really nice to walk around there in that nice cool weather!

Gotta run. It is good to be all caught up!!! Talk to you later.

"Live every act fully, as if it were your last." - Buddha
Old 07-06-2001, 01:19 PM   #4  
Makin_it

Hello ALL!

Well first I have to say that Maggie you have a wonderful way with words! What a nice welcome message, and yes I truly do feel like I'm part of a great family.

Well, I went swimming again last night, I did deep end aqua fitness. It really worked my legs and abs much more than shallow end aqua fitness does. At this rate, I may just be at the pool 4 times a week. Maybe my hubby will start to miss me and put in a pool for me

I also went to the doctors this morning for my knee. He really thinks it's my knee cap so his first approach will be a stretchy knee brace. I will probably have to have a custom made one to fit properly but I'll see. He told me to be very careful so I don't fall and break a bone or something. He said if it gets worse or more frequent he would see about doing a knee scope but he doesn't want to put me through that yet.

Chatty: WAY TO GO on 6.2 pounds..... keep it up and you will be at 50 pounds before a blink of an eye.....

Thin: well your right about not putting quilt on yourself, that is a no win situation. Just go on and forget yesterday because today is a new day! Have fun in Shippy, I wish I was going with you!

Diane: Welcome fellow Canadian. You will just love it here. Hope your doing well on your journey, remember if the road gets rough... turn to us for support and understanding... WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE MORE THAN ONCE!

Maggie: enjoy your high point day gal...... have a great weekend too!

Well, I'm working through lunch today and I'm finished eating so it's time to get back at it. Take care everyone.

Here's to a warm, sunny, water drinking, healthy eating summer week-end. Don't forget to look around and enjoy every part of it!

Brenda
430/329/170 in 2002

Last edited by canadian; 07-06-2001 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2001, 03:35 PM   #5  

Brenda,

What an inspiration you are. I can't believe you've lost 101 lbs! That is so amazing!!!

I'll take your advice and keep coming here for support (of course the only problem is that I like to munch while I read the posts - it's as good as watching TV you know!).

I guess I should probably post my stats too! (see below)

Talk to you soon!

Diane
328/288/150
Old 07-06-2001, 03:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

Its been a awfully busy week at work. Been getting up at 5 am to get to work early and worked on the 4th. One of the joys of being an accountant--financial statement close.

Just a little frustrated at the moment. My sister is in town for four days for the big Nascar event. Couldn't get me there for all the money in the world. Last night she called from the hotel and woke me up even though she knows we go to bed early. Today I made special arrangements to take off half-day to spend with them when I desperately needed to be at work. Its almost 3 pm and I'm still waiting for them. And we'll be going out to eat at 7:30 and they have to drive back across town to change clothes so they'll need to leave soon. So I'm here trying to vent so I can be nice when I really want to be mean to her. Just hacks me off that she insists on trying to jam so much in at everyone else's expense. She just can't do anything realistic. The good thing is that I'm not eating out of frustration.

I'll be in a better frame of mind tomorrow because I'm telling them I'm too busy because I have to go to work tomorrow and then work on packing/cleaning. I'll get caught up with posts then.

Trying to smile in Missouri!!

Have a great start of the weekend!
Old 07-06-2001, 07:26 PM   #7  

Terri, I hear ya! Sisters can be so aggravating!! Yours sound a lot like one of mine. Take heart, I have 10 of them (although thankfully they're not all like that)

I hope your weekend gets better and that you get to some of the things that are important to YOU! By the way, I'm proud of you for not eating out of frustration. I'm not sure I'd be doing so well in your place.

Way to go!

Diane
328/288/150
Old 07-06-2001, 10:55 PM   #8  

Good Evening Ladies,

Hope everyone has had a great OP day. I spent the evening at the ball field watching my daughter play a double header. Nothing like 4 1/2 hours of softball to start you weekend!
We left for the game at 4:30 and when we got to the ballfield, the only thing they were serving were nachos and hot dogs. Since we left shortly after I got home from work, I did not have time to grab anything to eat. I was worried about eating at the ballfield..did not really know how to count nachos, but then I saw someone walk by with Subway so I asked where the closest one was and it turned out to be about 3 miles away. So I hoped in my car between games and ran to get a sandwich. No nachos or hot dogs for me tonight! Worked out great and I am finishing my day at the low end of my point range. It is a nice feeling.
Diana....ten sisters! That is amazing. Any brothers? I have three sisters and four brothers. I thought that was alot!
Determined....be thankful it is only one sister you have to deal with! Think of poor Diana!
Brenda...Hope your knee feels better soon. The aqua exercises sound like fun.
Thinthinker...ah, a day at Shipy! Whenever I go it is like 100 degrees in the shade. Hope you find some great bargains! I hope to head that way sometime later this summer.
Maggie...Enjoy your high point day. You deserve it with all the low points days you have planned. Hope this plan works great for you.

Well off to bed. It has been a long week. Hubby wants to drive to outside of Chicago for a PGA golf tournament. I don't appreciate the sport, but will probably go to keep him company.

Have a great OP weekend!

Chatty
Old 07-07-2001, 03:04 PM   #9  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON

This is day 5 of my program and it seems to be going very well. I don't feel a bit deprived nor is my body rebelling. I hope, I hope this will work. I am looking forward to my Monday weigh in. I got my new right contact and it is a trip. It is for close up work and my left one is for distance and my eyes are fighting for focus. This will settle down but for now it is rather hard to see.

GERI how goes your fresh start? You can do this thing.

BRENDA I sure hope your knee gets better. Those stretchy knee braces work neat that fasten with velcro. I had one when I hyper extended my knee. I had to put a cotton bandana inside of it though because it got so hot in there it gave me a rash. But it sure worked great for my knee.

DIANE girl you gave me a chuckle about munching in front of your computer screen. Know what I did that works for me - made a rule - no munching anywhere near my computer. But I keep my water jug handy.

TERRI don't let your sis throw you for a loop. Show her who is in control and space any of her negative stuff. I think we that have siblings all have at least one like that.

CHATTY CONGRATULATIONS for that ball field move. You did good to get that Subway sandwich for those foods at the ball fields are "gotchas." Keep your FOCUS.

Maggie enjoying being in
FOCUS in Tennessee
Old 07-07-2001, 06:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default triple digit heat, oh my!

Hi all,

No time to catch up like I planned today.

I got over being irritated at sis and we all (four siblings and spouses) went out for a very nice meal last night. It was to celebrate my birthday, my sis' birthday, her 27th wedding anniversary and as we found out my brother's engagement. We had a great time but definitely not OP! Our parents give us gift certificates as Christmas presents to eat at this special resturant. We love it and ask for it each year. So we decided to use them as a group. And we all got along!

I had to go into work today for a while then over to the walk-in clinic at the doc's for a tick bite gone bad. Somehow it turned into a huge ugly infection. Thank goodness its not Lyme disease. After that I took my sis and her daughter-in-law to the big ceramic store and then over to "The Angel Lady" store. 30,000 angels in one store! The heat is awful here in Missouri. Just makes you miserable and cranky.

Tonight we're eating at the Rain Forest Cafe. By george, tomorrow being OP starts again!

I hope to get some time here at home after church...without family. I haven't gotten any packing done and its only two weeks until we move. Time to tackle the garage (boo, hiss!)

Got to run and finish getting ready for dinner. Have a great Saturday evening.
Old 07-08-2001, 02:27 PM   #11  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, everybody. I've been here before -- several times. I just rejoined WW for the third time this year. The last time, in April, I actually managed to lose ten pounds before I got knocked off schedule and never got back on. (I'm a freelancer writer who lives from project to project, and when I'm involved in one it means 16 hour days and a lot of concentration, and I haven't figured out a way yet to fit other things, like following WW, in.)

I have two months relatively free -- at least controllable -- and wanted to try again.

I haven't gotten everyone's name and story straight yet, so I won't try to mention people individually -- but I will be reading you. I love the idea of Countdown Forums The last time I was here, I don't think there was one for 250. I can't face losing 120 pounds today, but I can deal with losing 30.

See ya.

Xan
Old 07-08-2001, 03:19 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! I can’t believe I haven’t been here in a couple of days again. Actually, I thought I posted and then when I went to look for it it wasn’t here. Probably just my imagination! Friday started out great. Taco soup and an apple for lunch. Then I blew it all to **** and had a Peanut Buster Parfait at Dairy Queen when I went out to work. Yeesh!!! Went to the steakhouse for dinner and their catch of the day was Mahi Mahi so I was in heaven. Too bad the rolls there are addicting!

I worked like the devil yesterday. Jobs and paperwork all day long. I usually like having the weekend off, except when I do theatre jobs. But this weekend I have to work other stuff and do all the paperwork. We did have a theatre job today and saw The Fast and the Furious. It wasn't what I expected. Not sure what I expected, but that wasn't it. I was pretty surprised that it was pretty good.
This past week everything I have done has been paperwork intensive. Told DH I'm just NOT doing it anymore!

Food has been terrible again today. Honey went out for a newspaper and brought home Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast. Oh well, gotta start again. And again. And again.

I start 'bra jobs' up again tomorrow. So it will be a busy week!

Brenda: Hope the brace for your knee does the trip. Surgery is not a happy thought.

Diane: Make a new rule that the only thing you can munch at the computer is baby carrots. After all, you don’t want your fingers to be too messy touching the keys.

Terri: What’s going on in Missouri that’s Nascar? The race last night was in Daytona and the Busch race was at Watkins Glen. * Hope that tick bite feels better real soon.

Chatty: Good choice going for the Subway. You should be soooo proud of yourself!!!

Maggie: I bet it feels soooo good to be back in charge!!! You go girl!!!

Xan: Glad to have you joining us. I’m Geri. I’m married 25 years, have 2 sons (20 and 22) both in college, have 1 cat (Max) who weighs 17# and is overweight like the rest of his family. I live in a suburb north of Detroit. Tell us about yourself and come back often.

Gonna run. I have a dining room table that needs cleaning off something awful. I've been meaning to do it for a month. Keep getting sidetracked. :0 Love to all.

"Let your heart soar as high as it will. Refuse to be average." - A. W. Tozer
Old 07-09-2001, 12:30 AM   #13  

Good late Sunday night ladies, I've been away for a few days and didn't have a chance to check-in with you all. Yesterday was a great OP day, but today had too many points. We had an unplanned last minute supper from Boston Market that put me over the top; chicken w/o skin, mashed potatoes, cornbread, green beans and some broccoli. I'm ready to "do good" tomorrow to balance out the points. I can only do this program, day by day, but I think that I feel the difference in my attitude from a month ago.

The weather here is hot and humid, but I was still able to get out and move around. Well. gotta go for now. Have a good night ladies, and a great start to the OP week.

Welcome Diane and Xan, glad to have you on-board! We're all on this journey and the advice, encouragement and support you will find here is the best. Good luck to you both.

Terri, you are doing a great job at keeping your cool under trying circumstances. Handling it all with style! Don't let these aggrevations throw you off--you're doing so well OP!

Geri, hang in there baby! You are on this road to thin with me. Geri, I'm just starting up the engine so grab onto my hand and we'll cruise down the road. Ready? Set? Let's go!

Maggie, howdy. Sounds like you are sticking to your program like glue. Great job lady. Enjoy a cool refreshing drink for me, okay?

Brenda, good for you on the aquasizing! Sounds good to me on this much too hot night. Keep up the great work.

Chatty, congrats on your weight loss. What a fantastic loss! Keep up the super job that you are doing OP.
Old 07-09-2001, 06:14 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

I am one happy person to come here and report my weigh in this day. I showed a loss of
5 pounds and am so jazzed. YIPEKIO.

My plan is working so far and I am sticking to it!

Maggie being jazzed in Tennessee because of FAT is dancing away.

324.8 | 298.8 | 150
Old 07-10-2001, 08:46 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning! It is a great morning here in Michigan. A brief shower this morning about 6:00 and then the sun rose on schedule and it's nice and sunny. No guarantees for the day though as far as the weather forcast goes.

As of yesterday, I am back OP. I did drag my butt to WI and was awarded with a 1.5# gain. I figured it would be much worse that that the way I was eating. But I needed to know where I stand in order to get back on track, so there I went.

I was under in my allotment for yesterday. Got in all 5 servings of fruits/veggies and 6 waters. I usually shoot for 8, but only made 6 yesterday. Anyway, it feels good to be back OP and moving along. I worked at Walmart yesterday and was even able to walk out of the store without buying a bag of their peanut butter cups! That is a real accomplishment for me!!!

I even took my measurements this morning so that I have something besides the UGLY scale to judge my progress by.

Cindy: I'm here, reaching out. You're right we CAN do this and we WILL. Let's go. We're off!!!

Maggie: 5 pounds! How exciting for you!!! You are an inspiration! This is just what you needed to get below that 300 mark!!! Good for you!

Well ladies, it's another 'bra job' day! Gotta run.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind." - Samuel Jackson
Closed Thread